Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 31-03-2015, 16:42   #1471
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I've just searched for you , it lists Hill Street Blues but only has Series 1 , 5 , 6 , 7 which seems strange.
I've just googled

where can i watch hill street blues series 2

and there's a few websites to watch online, i doubt they're legal though?
Advertisement
Old 31-03-2015, 18:12   #1472
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I've just searched for you , it lists Hill Street Blues but only has Series 1 , 5 , 6 , 7 which seems strange.
Thanks very much, it does the same via browser but Series 1 actually has about 80 episodes so it must incorporate S2,3,4. Appreciate that.

---------- Post added at 18:12 ---------- Previous post was at 16:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post
I've just googled

where can i watch hill street blues series 2

and there's a few websites to watch online, i doubt they're legal though?
Thanks for that, the (old) 4OD website had all the eps, but its not as easy to watch via the web as it it thru an app which is why I was hoping it would be on BT's Youview box. When my VM contract is up I'll be switching to BT for BB, 'phone, Youview & keeping the Sky+HD for pay TV.

Thanks again for going to the trouble of looking it up.
Old 31-03-2015, 18:38   #1473
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice

there isnt a wwe app on the tivo is there ?
Old 31-03-2015, 18:51   #1474
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengedragon View Post
there isnt a wwe app on the tivo is there ?
No there is not PD as there are not many apps full stop on the TiVo but hang on Cindy Rose did say there are hundreds coming soon.
Old 31-03-2015, 19:15   #1475
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
I've just checked my Youview box and it's been updated , I thought I'd post for anyone else who has a Humax box.

All in all it's a pretty good update and promising for the future with the apps section now.

Update info
I noticed earlier it had updated to the all4 player but not the software update.
I have a BT badged Youview retail box so i guess i'll be getting the update sometime?

Incidentally i thought i'd try the all4 app to be nosey. It didn't load and kicked me back to the main player screen. I tried itvplayer and iplayer and they both did the same.

Switched the box off and on and after rebooting it said my channel lineup had changed (?), nothing different, tried the players again and they worked,
Old 31-03-2015, 22:04   #1476
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
but hang on Cindy Rose did say there are hundreds coming soon.
Hasn't she left VM? If so, I doubt that she will care
Old 31-03-2015, 22:13   #1477
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

All 10 seasons of Spooks are back on Netflix UK.
Old 31-03-2015, 22:54   #1478
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
All 10 seasons of Spooks are back on Netflix UK.
Love this show pity it ended.
Old 31-03-2015, 23:00   #1479
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Hasn't she left VM
Yes, she's now doing much the same job for Vodafone

http://www.marketingmagazine.co.uk/a...indy-rose-hire
Old 01-04-2015, 07:32   #1480
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Netflix CEO open to removing country content restrictions to cut piracy.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/...#ixzz3W2Ktzfoy
Old 01-04-2015, 07:37   #1481
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

New 4k video streaming technology:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-32140732
Old 01-04-2015, 08:05   #1482
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Netflix CEO open to removing country content restrictions to cut piracy.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/...#ixzz3W2Ktzfoy
In an increasingly connected world this is something that is overdue IMO. If only the content providers were living in the same world.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:06   #1483
tassiekev
Inactive

Netflix teams with AWS to launch VHS-as-a-service

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/04...rvice_variant/

What's the date again?
Old 01-04-2015, 09:53   #1484
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassiekev View Post
Netflix teams with AWS to launch VHS-as-a-service

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/04...rvice_variant/

What's the date again?
Old 01-04-2015, 11:47   #1485
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post
No update for me yet, i like the idea of the 'Discover' section.
I've a feeling one or two services in the player section may receive more features
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassiekev View Post
New 4k video streaming technology:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-32140732
But what does that mean for existing 4K TV customers ?
Closed Thread