Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV Horizon 4 V6

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin TV Horizon 4 V6

Old 20-08-2020, 04:04   #76
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: Virgin TV Horizon 4 V6

I think like this:
2 x V6 = 2 x1Mb recorders - 2Mb.

If the Horizon mini - like the SkyQ mini - uses only the main box for recording then you only have 1Mb total for both devices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
I have, I fail to understand how it would halve your recording space?
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-08-2020, 06:32   #77
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Yes but what do you mean by that: does an error message come up, does the 'Submit' button not work for you?

It's just a simple form, a tick box and one click of a button so it's odd that it won't work for you but does for others.
The submit message does not work as l tried it several times..
Old 20-08-2020, 08:49   #78
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Maybe it's stopped working because they have reached their full quota of registrations?
Old 20-08-2020, 08:53   #79
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
Maybe it's stopped working because they have reached their full quota of registrations?
Possibly but unless they tell you that one would not know.
Old 20-08-2020, 08:54   #80
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
I think like this:

If the Horizon mini - like the SkyQ mini - uses only the main box for recording then you only have 1Mb total for both devices.
It's TB not Mb. Also MB isn't the same as Mb, those are different.

Also I doubt VM is going to force existing customers who currently have 2 V6s to swap 1 for a Mini, it will just charge customers differently for the two devices. Two full Horizon-powered devices can probably talk to each other the same way two current Tivo-powered ones can.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2020, 09:20   #81
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Virgin Media won’t be forcing anyone to do anything, at least in the short term.
V6 and the new boxes will co-exist for some time.
For the vast majority, I would suggest, if they have two boxes today, 1TB is more than sufficient for those that actually watch what they record.
For those that archive, .......
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2020, 10:34   #82
jobbie8
cf.addict

Services: BB 250MB, SKY Stream, Netfix, Disney+, Discovery+, AppleTV+,YouTube Premium, Paramount+
jobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nice

Do you think eventually the Horizon software will be downloaded to V6 boxes?

I remember NTL boxes downloading the Virgin software.

To swap out boxes to get Horizon I guess would be quite expensive for VM?
I hope they keep the 'Tivo' remote as I know where all the buttons are...

Last edited by jobbie8; 20-08-2020 at 10:39.
jobbie8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2020, 11:27   #83
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
No, it's broken. They are working on it, so keep trying.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2020, 11:36   #84
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

I can't see VM wanting the expense/hassle of introducing new software and only making it available to new boxes when the existing main equipment (i.e. V6) is capable of using it.

I find it hard to see them not updating V6 to Horizon. And then presumably any new (non-Mini) box will be used for new customers and replacing original Tivo models that can't be updated to Horizon. Every TV customer would then be on the same OS with minimal additional expense/hassle.

The NTL and Telewest boxes were basically on the same software, all that happened was they changed the logo and colour scheme when the VM rebrand happened.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2020, 11:56   #85
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
The Ofcom ruling, if I recall correctly, simply requires companies to advise customers of the end of their minimum contract period and some representative prices of similar bundles. It does not require companies to offer existing, renewing customers the same deals as new customers.
Thank you never really looked in to it
Old 20-08-2020, 12:16   #86
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
No, it's broken. They are working on it, so keep trying.
What's broken that they are trying to fix? The register your interest link or the links to sign up to the offer in the email they sent?
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2020, 12:49   #87
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
What's broken that they are trying to fix? The register your interest link or the links to sign up to the offer in the email they sent?
The problem is with the database where the details get stored, so it affects both.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2020, 13:05   #88
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
I think like this:

Correct apart from it is Tb not Mb.

I stated this in my original post, Mythica doesn't seem able to understand - still not sure why?

---------- Post added at 13:05 ---------- Previous post was at 13:02 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Virgin Media won’t be forcing anyone to do anything, at least in the short term.
V6 and the new boxes will co-exist for some time.
For the vast majority, I would suggest, if they have two boxes today, 1TB is more than sufficient for those that actually watch what they record.
For those that archive, .......

Your opinion not mine 1Tb is definitely not enough - I time shift my viewing, nothing on either of my boxes which is more than 1 month old so not archiving by any means.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2020, 13:24   #89
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
[/COLOR]

Your opinion not mine 1Tb is definitely not enough - I time shift my viewing, nothing on either of my boxes which is more than 1 month old so not archiving by any means.
I am the same as you and I store certain series on certain boxes to take advantage of the full 2TB to have that halved is a non starter for me just to get a new interface which I would like it is not worth it to loose half the recording capacity.
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2020, 13:48   #90
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Correct apart from it is Tb not Mb.

I stated this in my original post, Mythica doesn't seem able to understand - still not sure why?

---------- Post added at 13:05 ---------- Previous post was at 13:02 ----------

Firstly you never and secondly why would getting a mini box halve your recording space? Unless you're suggesting that a mini box will replace a V6 box. Firstly, that's never been stated and secondly that would make no logical sense.

---------- Post added at 13:48 ---------- Previous post was at 13:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
The problem is with the database where the details get stored, so it affects both.
cheers for the answer.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote