Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ntl Telewest and Big Brother 7 News.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

ntl Telewest and Big Brother 7 News.

Old 22-05-2006, 23:50   #106
nho1993
Inactive

nho1993 is on a distinguished roadnho1993 is on a distinguished road
Re: ntl Telewest and Big Brother 7 News.

my picture keeps feezing im on 10mb connected through ethernet, any reccomendations?
nho1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-05-2006, 20:11   #107
DerekRothwell
Inactive

Services: Sky BB at almost dial-up speeds Crap TV (no iplayers) Average phone (unlimited) and all this for
DerekRothwell is on a distinguished roadDerekRothwell is on a distinguished road

Can anyone explain to me exactly what the point is of having this live link into this pile of nonsense?
I've tuned in out of curiosity a few times, and all I ever hear is birds tweeting away.
My other half tells me its to do with legal stuff. Hardly much point in them broadcasting it if viewers can't hear any conversation.
Back to a real life for me......
DerekRothwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2006, 20:25   #108
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekRothwell
Can anyone explain to me exactly what the point is of having this live link into this pile of nonsense?
I've tuned in out of curiosity a few times, and all I ever hear is birds tweeting away.
My other half tells me its to do with legal stuff. Hardly much point in them broadcasting it if viewers can't hear any conversation.
Back to a real life for me......
Partly due to legal stuff but also they want to keep the good stuff for the highlights show
Old 23-05-2006, 23:42   #109
DerekRothwell
Inactive

Services: Sky BB at almost dial-up speeds Crap TV (no iplayers) Average phone (unlimited) and all this for
DerekRothwell is on a distinguished roadDerekRothwell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYoda
Partly due to legal stuff but also they want to keep the good stuff for the highlights show
Good stuff? blimey .. they'll be hard pressed to get any good stuff out of this
Old 24-05-2006, 00:49   #110
Albie
Inactive

Albie is on a distinguished roadAlbie is on a distinguished road

Any one else getting a slideshow of still pictures instead of a stream?
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2006, 03:48   #111
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

yeah I think its to do with keeping it for highlights. Weird tho since people watching the supposedbly live feed are more loyal and should be rewarded for it but then I can see why channel4 do it to make sure they tune in again for highlights.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2006, 10:22   #112
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
yeah I think its to do with keeping it for highlights. Weird tho since people watching the supposedbly live feed are more loyal and should be rewarded for it but then I can see why channel4 do it to make sure they tune in again for highlights.
I thought this too, but i was watching the live stream last night and it was showing everything when Mikey went to the Diary Room and was awarded Shabaz's lead position in the Brotherhood, even showing the plasma when he was in the Diary room and they never used to do that!
Pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2006, 18:26   #113
mcmanic
cf.addict

mcmanic has a spectacular aura about themmcmanic has a spectacular aura about themmcmanic has a spectacular aura about themmcmanic has a spectacular aura about them

mines not working now, nothing except a black screen and it saying ready
mcmanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2006, 18:57   #114
zeus9876
Inactive

Services: Phone, TU24, 50mb, TV
zeus9876 will become famous soon enoughzeus9876 will become famous soon enoughzeus9876 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmanic
mines not working now, nothing except a black screen and it saying ready
Same here and a couple of other people....see this thread http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...ad.php?t=47725
zeus9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2006, 08:33   #115
mcmanic
cf.addict

mcmanic has a spectacular aura about themmcmanic has a spectacular aura about themmcmanic has a spectacular aura about themmcmanic has a spectacular aura about them

cheers, BTW still not working!

Grrrrr!
mcmanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 21:45   #116
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

The streaming ain't wotking
Old 04-06-2006, 17:49   #117
DerekRothwell
Inactive

I don't understand why so may people watch that pile of horse poo - just what exactly is it that attracts so many people to watch a pile of braindead overgrown children living in a goldfish bowl to the tune of birds tweeting and aeroplanes flying buy?
Old 04-06-2006, 18:00   #118
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekRothwell
I don't understand why so may people watch that pile of horse poo - just what exactly is it that attracts so many people to watch a pile of braindead overgrown children living in a goldfish bowl to the tune of birds tweeting and aeroplanes flying buy?
You'll be wanting this thread instead
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...ad.php?t=46960
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 21:07   #119
chickendippers
Inactive

Services: On-cable: TV-L, BB-L, Phone-M. Off-cable: Sky+ HD, Plusnet Unlimited.
chickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to chickendippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by david.ewles
The streaming ain't wotking
Give the various links a few clicks, it doesn't always seem to work first time. Also make sure you're using IE; I know it means getting virus' but it doesn't seem to work for me in Firefox.
chickendippers is offline   Reply With Quote