Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ntl Telewest and Big Brother 7 News.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ntl Telewest and Big Brother 7 News.

Old 19-05-2006, 14:28   #46
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Telephone and 100Mb broadband, Sky Q
Jon T has reached the bronze age
Jon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze age
Re: ntl Telewest and Big Brother 7 News.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Gouki
You're on 2mb. The stream is only available for people on 4mb and above so maybe thats why you're getting the error message?
http://www.ntlworld.com/broadbandplu...adbandplus.php

Clearly states that 2mb and 10mb get broadband plus free, it's been that way for a while, well before any talk of 4mb existed.
Jon T is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-05-2006, 15:16   #47
andmaz
Inactive

andmaz is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm on 10 meg broadband and already Broadband plus registered but still cannot access live feed - is this actually supposed to be working yet?
andmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2006, 15:20   #48
mcmanic
cf.addict

mcmanic has a spectacular aura about themmcmanic has a spectacular aura about themmcmanic has a spectacular aura about themmcmanic has a spectacular aura about them

oh well, usual wait and see procedure from NTL, would be nice to get something from day 1 that actually worked even if it was free.
mcmanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2006, 15:21   #49
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Jon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze age

Right, sorted it.

The broadband plus signup script must check if your eligible for the service via your PC's IP address, if you've got a router between the CM and your PC then your PC's not gonna have a WAN IP.

So temporarily connecting my PC direct to the CM signing up to BB+ and then putting the network back to normal seems to have done the trick.
Old 19-05-2006, 15:22   #50
ellie
Inactive

Services: All except sky one :(
ellie has reached the bronze age
ellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by andmaz
I'm on 10 meg broadband and already Broadband plus registered but still cannot access live feed
Same here
ellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2006, 15:35   #51
Shin Gouki
Inactive

Shin Gouki is an unknown quantity at this point

I stand corrected.
Shin Gouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2006, 15:43   #52
HornetUK
Inactive

HornetUK is an unknown quantity at this point

I go to the BB+ site and can access all the photo stuff etc it signs me in OK, then I try the BB link on this site but the page has no mention of live feed...I'm on 2MB.
HornetUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2006, 16:11   #53
mcmanic
cf.addict

mcmanic has a spectacular aura about themmcmanic has a spectacular aura about themmcmanic has a spectacular aura about themmcmanic has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornetUK
I go to the BB+ site and can access all the photo stuff etc it signs me in OK, then I try the BB link on this site but the page has no mention of live feed...I'm on 2MB.
ditto
Old 19-05-2006, 16:34   #54
ace_vz
Inactive

Services: 1mbps/0.25mbps - eclipse internet unmetered 10mbps/0.5mbps - ntl:world metered
ace_vz is on a distinguished roadace_vz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to ace_vz

So... To get this 'free' service you need to:

A) Be a 2mb or 10mb customer
B) Have registered for BB+
C) Be using the USB connection from your modem

Well, i guess they can give it for free as so few of they're customer base will be able to view it.

Well done chaps.
ace_vz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2006, 16:45   #55
ben1390
cf.addict

ben1390 is on a distinguished roadben1390 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by garymchugh
So... To get this 'free' service you need to:

A) Be a 2mb or 10mb customer
B) Have registered for BB+
C) Be using the USB connection from your modem

Well, i guess they can give it for free as so few of they're customer base will be able to view it.

Well done chaps.
Whats your source?
ben1390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2006, 16:49   #56
ace_vz
Inactive

Services: 1mbps/0.25mbps - eclipse internet unmetered 10mbps/0.5mbps - ntl:world metered
ace_vz is on a distinguished roadace_vz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to ace_vz

Quote:
Whats your source?
Well, it was my sarcastic-self. as you need to be on bb+, you apparently need to have registered, and anyone i know with a router can not get on it. but 3 family members i know with usb connections all can. it seems fairly clear cut to me.
ace_vz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2006, 16:55   #57
IanUK
Inactive

IanUK is just really niceIanUK is just really niceIanUK is just really niceIanUK is just really niceIanUK is just really niceIanUK is just really nice

I use a router am on 10mb and registered for BB+ and can't get it.
Usual programming skill at NTL it seems, they never get anything right first time.

I really wish they would spend money on the network and peering instead of this rubbish, especially when its rubbish that doesn't work.
IanUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2006, 17:06   #58
ben1390
cf.addict

ben1390 is on a distinguished roadben1390 is on a distinguished road

I am on 2mb BB, behind a router and i can get it
ben1390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2006, 17:12   #59
Jon T
cf.mega poster

I made no mention of needing to be on a USB connection, all I said was that for me I had to by-pass the router inorder to register for BB+.

I was still using the ethernet connection on my modem when I bypassed the router, so the USB only thing isn't right.

I'm able to access BB+ stuff from behind my router, just couldn't register for it going through my router.
Old 19-05-2006, 17:12   #60
mcmanic
cf.addict

i'm not using a router and i cannot get it

"EDIT"

I CAN NOW!

seems its just updated

athough not much cop on 2meg, stuttering audio every now and then and no moving pictures but rather slide show images