Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Countdown Begins to Virginercation - comingvsoon.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Countdown Begins to Virginercation - comingvsoon.com

Old 07-02-2007, 20:21   #61
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
Re: The Countdown Begins to Virginercation - comingvsoon.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakgirl View Post
What would they put on the virgin sports channel?
That's what I ask people who are expecting Virgin Sports on this weekend.

All the rights to the main sporting events have been gobbled up by Sky, Setenta and the Beeb. There wouldn't be anything worthwhile to watch on Virgin Sports if it launched now. Maybe a few years from now...
HDFootyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2007, 21:13   #62
DarkGashX
Inactive

Services: VIP Package
DarkGashX will become famous soon enoughDarkGashX will become famous soon enoughDarkGashX will become famous soon enough

Well http://www.virgin.com has a new look Looks like virginmedia is next .
DarkGashX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 21:16   #63
HDFootyMan
Inactive

HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
Could this be it? I mean could this really be it, the begining of the end of ntl's reputation for poor CS?

From the good old days of 2000 when we were all on free dial-up and calls to tech support were £1 per minute after waiting 3 hours to speak to someone, after all the "Coming soon!"s, after the way the cap was (un)announced to us all, could this really be the start of something good??
Well......things can't get worse......I hope.

Personally, on the whole, I've been happy with the cable service. I know people will disagree (with good reason), and some trolls may 'contribute' to the discussion by yawning a bit and even asking if I've wet myself .

Over the 6 years I've been with NTL, I've gone from free dialup Internet (FREE! Couldn't believe it back then!) access to 600K Broadband >>> 1 Meg >>> 2 Meg >>> 4 Meg >>> 10Meg - and I'm paying more or less the same price for broadband when I first got it. Apart from Monday night, the broadband as been rock solid.

The TV software has....well, its changed. When I joined, I'm sure it has 7 days on the EPG. While now my standard box its down to only 1 day , my V+ has 8 days and all the other nice recording extras which I was dreaming about before Xmas. I can finally watch HDTV via Cable (even if right now the content is limited) and I can access Europe's largest True VOD system.

Interactive has improved too. I remember when I first got NTL, pressing red always crashed the bloody box. It took a while too (until the World Cup - not Germany, the one before I think) until the BBC "Press Red" feature actually worked. That was followed by multiscreen interactive content for Wimbledon and other events. Still not as good as Sky (where the heck is BBC News Multiscreen on NTL???), but its improved a bit.

The channels I want to watch, I can watch (but Sky are working on that ). The Sky HD channels would be nice - but I can live without them for now.

As for the phone - don't really use it much. I've had one major fault with it in 6 years.

So, IMO, there's been progress. Some of it (especially the roll out of VOD and PVR) probably should have been out a lot sooner. There's still plenty of work to do, especially on securing more HD/VOD content and improving interactive.

At the moment I'm happy with the price I'm paying for the services I receive (more so now thanks to the VIP pack).

Sky have zoomed ahead in some areas and it will be interesting to see if VM can catch-up, while keeping ahead of the competition for True VOD and possibly broadband.

Meanwhile, BT Vision, Tiscali TV and even the Microsoft's Xbox 360 (via IPTV) are entering the Digital TV Wars and I'm sure good old Freeview will gain more channels and viewers.

Either way, interesting times are ahead.
Old 07-02-2007, 21:46   #64
coops74
Inactive

Services: 20Meg BB V+ Box V Box Talk Unlimited
coops74 is on a distinguished roadcoops74 is on a distinguished road

Have you ever posted a postitve mesage relegationmateri ?
coops74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 21:47   #65
Nikesh
Inactive

Nikesh has reached the bronze age
Nikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGashX View Post
Well http://www.virgin.com has a new look Looks like virginmedia is next .
Well spotted and at the minute Virginmedia.com is the same as Virgin.com

The website has a really annoying sound though lol
Nikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 21:48   #66
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by coops74 View Post
Have you ever posted a postitve mesage ?
Me? Yes. Look around this forum if you don't believe me.

EDIT - Oh, u didn't mean me.
Old 07-02-2007, 21:51   #67
dcclanuk
Inactive

dcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quads

wat time does virginmedia officially kick in?

i mean is it midnight when the new site is up for all, or is it like 8am?
dcclanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 21:53   #68
coops74
Inactive

Services: 20Meg BB V+ Box V Box Talk Unlimited
coops74 is on a distinguished roadcoops74 is on a distinguished road

no sorry Chris not you
coops74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 21:55   #69
Bill C

Quote:
Originally Posted by coops74 View Post
Have you ever posted a postitve mesage relegationmateri ?
No he has not. Plus call him Gary that was his name when he was banned from this forum.
Old 07-02-2007, 21:56   #70
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze age
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcclanuk View Post
wat time does virginmedia officially kick in?

i mean is it midnight when the new site is up for all, or is it like 8am?
According to www.ntlworld.com - it's 8am when the new site will launch

http://www.ntl-isp.ntl.com/ServiceSt...px?FaultID=597
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 21:56   #71
Rik
cf.mega poster

Services: 1Gbps Broadband
Rik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpack

Well im excited even if others arent!

Ive been with NTL for around 3.5yrs on Broadband, and it has always been rock solid and full speed (NO BANDWIDTH LIMITING!!) (apart from one hiccup which a CM change sorted instantly)

TV now im well impressed with this, people have always said NTL TV was ****, but it certainly is not, i get Excellent picture and VOD is brilliant.

Things can only get better cant they now we are to be Virginified?

Im looking forward to waking up tomorrow and having 20/50MEG

/Rik wonders how many Linux ISOs he can download tomorrow
Rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 21:57   #72
Bill C

Quote:
Originally Posted by relegationmateri View Post
yawn for me an all.

I look forward (not) to whatever glitch comes with the new software.

If I remember right in the last two revisions we've had the volume going up to +10 which caused a snap crackle and pop effect on the sound resulting in having to get a new box then on the last one they did it made changing channels such a chore instead of a joy.

So yeah, can't wait to see what they f up this time.
And with that post you have confirmed you were Garyparsons a banned user on this forum. That is identical to the posts he made.
Old 07-02-2007, 21:58   #73
Nikesh
Inactive

Nikesh has reached the bronze age
Nikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze age

8AM is better because it means that I can actually go to sleep. If it was midnight I would be up all night lol.
Nikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 23:59   #74
bluecandylover

Services: Virgin Media VIVID 200, XL TV, TiVo 1Tb, Sky+HD 2Tb, Box Set Bundle

I hope that man on channel 890 will DISAPPEAR in 15 mins, I'd laugh if ad minight a lawnmower will chase him off the tv and him yelling like a girl HELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

---------- Post added at 23:58 ---------- Previous post was at 23:47 ----------

2 minutes

---------- Post added at 23:59 ---------- Previous post was at 23:58 ----------

One minute until Virgin media launches
Old 08-02-2007, 00:00   #75
djscrivo
Inactive

Services: Virgin Tv, Virgin Broadband, Virgin Phone, Vonage Internet Phone
djscrivo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to djscrivo

nothin will happen it will happen in the morin