Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NTL is call centre with longest wait in Mirror test

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

NTL is call centre with longest wait in Mirror test

Old 31-10-2004, 19:41   #226
BBKing
R.I.P.

Services: 20Mb VM CM, Virgin TV
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
Send a message via ICQ to BBKing
Re: NTL is call centre with longest wait in Mirror test

Quote:
one tool we have (thanks BBKing ) tells us how long the modem/ stb has been online.
Oo, glad it's coming in handy. Of course, one idea to improves things is technology that can avoid the need for the tech to ask the customer anything - for instance a tool that can tell you whether the USB, ethernet port or neither is connected would have avoided mb's ethernet-not-connected chap. Which is where I come in and why I'm spending my Sunday evening doing Oracle queries for mutual fun and profit. Most customers would rather not bend down and examine little green flashing lights and the tech would rather see it in front of him instead of relying on second-hand information.
BBKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-10-2004, 20:26   #227
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKing
Oo, glad it's coming in handy. Of course, one idea to improves things is technology that can avoid the need for the tech to ask the customer anything - for instance a tool that can tell you whether the USB, ethernet port or neither is connected would have avoided mb's ethernet-not-connected chap. Which is where I come in and why I'm spending my Sunday evening doing Oracle queries for mutual fun and profit. Most customers would rather not bend down and examine little green flashing lights and the tech would rather see it in front of him instead of relying on second-hand information.
Having allowed BBKing to test this tool and also heading into the chatroom to ask him to check my modem with it. I have to say is without this tool BBKing wrote many would still be unplugging and pluging in STB and SACMs. I thank BBKing for his work.
Florence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2004, 20:50   #228
greencreeper
Inactive

Services: Email me for a current price list
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star

Tools are a lifesaver - time is of the essence when you're on the phone and there's nothing worse than having to sit there saying, "just waiting for..." At work we now have this nifty little VB script that quickly add/removes local admin rights on the specified PC. I can remotely manage a computer or use the domain user manager to do it, but both take ages.

I'm with MB - I prefer the users who know little about PCs. Some of the self-proclaimed experts are a real pain to work with - always have the (wrong) answers, always try to be one step ahead (wrongly) and are often downright rude, "I'm a systems engineer - I think I can install a printer". Well don't come phoning me when you make a mess of it. Then you have the tickets where, for example, some muppet has deleted all of Office by accident and wants our help reinstalling it. You broke it, you fix it.
greencreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 11:56   #229
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencreeper
Tools are a lifesaver - time is of the essence when you're on the phone and there's nothing worse than having to sit there saying, "just waiting for..." At work we now have this nifty little VB script that quickly add/removes local admin rights on the specified PC. I can remotely manage a computer or use the domain user manager to do it, but both take ages.
True. We use various tools (two of which I wrote myself - One for rebooting PCs remotely and the other for sending messages to individual labs) and they are great timesavers. One I sort of wrote (OK, I used a keystroke recorder to write it) is an unattended install routine for Roxio Easy CD creator. I had to do this as our Automatic installation system junks Windows on any PC you use it to install Easy CD Creator on. It doesn't make installing Easy CD Creator much quicker, but it does mean that one person can install it on many PCs easily, and simultaneousy. *

Quote:
I'm with MB - I prefer the users who know little about PCs. Some of the self-proclaimed experts are a real pain to work with - always have the (wrong) answers, always try to be one step ahead (wrongly) and are often downright rude, "I'm a systems engineer - I think I can install a printer". Well don't come phoning me when you make a mess of it. Then you have the tickets where, for example, some muppet has deleted all of Office by accident and wants our help reinstalling it. You broke it, you fix it.
True. those that know very little but think they know a lot can be extremely dangerous. My boss at an old Freight Forwarding company I worked thought he knew a lot about PCs (and being a manager, had admin access to the computer system), One day, he decided he was going to remove a lot of old shipments from the system. He entered one of the values incorrectly and deleted 5 years worth of shipments. Now, you would assume that we had a verified backup (most companies would)? We didn't. I (along with a typist) had to re-enter all the shipments. It took about 2 months.

* Yes, I know there is an Enterprise version of Easy CD Creator designed for automatic distribution systems, but it wasn't available when we bought Easy CD creator and my boss won't pay the money for the upgrade (we have 300 copies to upgrade so the cost would be quite a lot).
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote