Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Pronouns

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Pronouns

Old 16-08-2022, 23:14   #16
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: Pronouns

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
It can be hard if someone is pronouned as they but looks clearly female or male. You start off with "they" but you soon find yourself describing them by the gender you see them as.
and the thing is they should accept that instead of getting all triggered just because someone gets it wrong. Calling it hate crime and all that.

I identify as a slim young attractive male no one looking at me can see that hahahaha
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-08-2022, 23:27   #17
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
and the thing is they should accept that instead of getting all triggered just because someone gets it wrong. Calling it hate crime and all that.
How many times has that happened to you?

Everyone on here seems to have this problem a lot more than I do. I've literally only seen this on e-mail signatures.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2022, 23:40   #18
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post

I identify as a slim young attractive male no one looking at me can see that hahahaha
I don't think they get triggered or call it a hate crime or indeed even know. I normally use pronouns when I'm talking about them, not talking to them.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2022, 01:06   #19
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
What are your views on this current state of pronoun affairs?
I dont pay that much attention to email signatures tbh.
I would not go out of my way to use something other than what was asked.
However, I would not go out of my way to try and remember oddities either.

I have little time for all this "I identify as a toaster (or whatever)"
It generally means I Identify you as a pita, and avoid if possible.

Too much attention given to a vocal minority.
I put the blame on [anti] social media for that.
Far too many people care about what a few "twits" think.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2022, 10:49   #20
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I have an acquaintance who dresses as a woman.However it's clear they are male. I like them.They are a nice,kind person.I just use the term you when speaking to them at the moment.When I have got a better acquaintance with this person and I have a name it will all become so much easier.I prefer to use a little patience as I also regularly have to deal with a delivery person who also seems to identify as female.

I see nothing wrong in dealing kindly with the people who inhabit my village.
Old 17-08-2022, 12:42   #21
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
I have an acquaintance who dresses as a woman.However it's clear they are male. I like them.They are a nice,kind person.I just use the term you when speaking to them at the moment.When I have got a better acquaintance with this person and I have a name it will all become so much easier.I prefer to use a little patience as I also regularly have to deal with a delivery person who also seems to identify as female.

I'm not suggesting being unkind to anyone.

My gripe is the majority of normal people virtue signalling pronouns (and describing themselves as cisgender in some cases) in their social media profiles, signatures etc and some companies encouraging it among staff.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2022, 13:03   #22
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
I'm not suggesting being unkind to anyone.

My gripe is the majority of normal people virtue signalling pronouns (and describing themselves as cisgender in some cases) in their social media profiles, signatures etc and some companies encouraging it among staff.
People's reaction to it in my experience is largely generational. People joining organisations in their 20s think it's inclusive and a sign of a good employer, most are agnostic whilst those closer to retirement feel it's all stuff and nonsense.

I think the business logic is that it is seen as being more inclusive helping the organisation attract and retain the best customers and workforce. A lot of the organisations doing it are consultancies and accountancy firms who are ruthlessly commercial. They're focused on the bottom line, not on virtue signalling.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2022, 16:31   #23
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I know a "People in their 20s" who think its nonsense.
Thy certainly dont view it as a sign of a "good employer".
They dont see it as a sign of a bad employer either, they just think its a gimmick.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2022, 19:00   #24
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
its a gimmick.
My local Morrisons had a 'come in for a cup of tea' type sign but half the sign was taken up with a pride rainbow banner it that made no sense to have there. I see that stuff a gimmick and not needed in any way.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2022, 21:18   #25
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post

Quote:
I have an acquaintance who dresses as a woman. However it's clear he is male. I like him. He is a nice, kind person. I just use the term you when speaking to him at the moment. When I have got a better acquaintance with this person and I have a name it will all become so much easier. I prefer to use a little patience as I also regularly have to deal with a delivery person who also seems to identify as female.
Just shows the ridiculous state that wokery has brought about.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2022, 21:19   #26
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Spot on, they need their heads looked at.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2022, 22:07   #27
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Brilliant!

Old 17-08-2022, 22:33   #28
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Pretty sure it wasn’t deliberate…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2022, 22:55   #29
Sephiroth
Simples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Pretty sure it wasn’t deliberate…
Quote:
Pretty sure he wasn’t deliberate

Old 18-08-2022, 09:51   #30
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
No it just shows up YOUR prejudices.

---------- Post added at 08:51 ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Prejudiced much?