Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What's the best time to get through to VM UK call centre?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues

What's the best time to get through to VM UK call centre?

Old 06-04-2023, 15:34   #16
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age
Re: What's the best time to get through to VM UK call centre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
It now seems that retentions has now been offshored. Are there any parts of the VM customer service operations that are still based in the UK?
When (date and time) did you ring them? I rang retentions two weeks ago at 9am and got UK.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2023, 16:27   #17
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

The UK team seems to have become a de facto 2nd line retentions team.
The last couple of times I've called and selected 'thinking of leaving' I've spoken to three different people on each call, with a structure something like the below:

1. > Usual CS who make an initial offer to stay which I reject, then transferred to:
2. > 1st line retentions (seems to be offshore) who make another offer I reject, then transferred to:
3. > 2nd line retentions in the UK who make a final offer before processing cancellation notice.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 21:29   #18
Frazz
cf.addict

Services: 2 x tivo TV XL with movie and sport 500Mb broadband phone talk anytime Unlimited mobile phone sim
Frazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about them

I call about 1950 and usually get through to a UK call centre just before they close
Frazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 00:13   #19
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

After Marks & Spenver closed our store, I decided to try buying some clothes via their website. I have had far too many problems to go into, but I was shocked to find that this once great company now uses an offshore call centre.

The nonsense and blatant lies have been jawropping. I am so disappointed that this once bastion of excellence customer service have reduced themselves to this.

After many decades i've decided to stop using them.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 07-04-2023 at 00:17. Reason: Spelling & completion. Fac HTH.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 12:52   #20
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
After Marks & Spenver closed our store, I decided to try buying some clothes via their website. I have had far too many problems to go into, but I was shocked to find that this once great company now uses an offshore call centre.

The nonsense and blatant lies have been jawropping. I am so disappointed that this once bastion of excellence customer service have reduced themselves to this.

After many decades i've decided to stop using them.
2 questions:

What's this got to do with the best time to call Virgin Media?

Why have you packed in Marks & Spenser because of their terrible offshore call centre but still use Virgin Media despite spending years complaining about their offshore call centre at every possible opportunity? I genuinely don't understand why.
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 13:12   #21
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

9:53am is the sweet spot I find. They've had time to have a coffee and arent too hacked off yet.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 13:59   #22
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Yes
Thank you for the reply.

Which aspects of VM's customer service is still UK-based?

---------- Post added at 12:59 ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
When (date and time) did you ring them? I rang retentions two weeks ago at 9am and got UK.
Mid-morning iirc.
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 14:47   #23
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
Which aspects of VM's customer service is still UK-based?
Can be any of them. You call gets routed to whoever is available.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 19:35   #24
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Can be any of them. You call gets routed to whoever is available.
And if you don't like who/ where you get , terminate the call and try another time. If you get someone with a Scottish accent its usually a good sign
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 14:25   #25
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

That's exactly what I now do regarding retentions as most of my calls to VM are retention-related.
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote