Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] BB Speed Upgrades
View Poll Results: Have you been upgraded ?
Yes 59 86.76%
No, not yet 9 13.24%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 17-07-2004, 16:51   #76
icanadvise
Inactive

icanadvise is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: CF receive broadband speed upgrade Dates

Its a real shame the "trusted source" gave out the wrong info any1 in the know knew that 1st August couldnt be the date 3 weeks ago - Harmony Launch schedules won't allow the 1st. Maybe they should check agian
Advertisement
Old 17-07-2004, 16:59   #77
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by icanadvise
Its a real shame the "trusted source" gave out the wrong info any1 in the know knew that 1st August couldnt be the date 3 weeks ago - Harmony Launch schedules won't allow the 1st. Maybe they should check agian

all indications are that it will be the 1st august or there abouts.
Old 17-07-2004, 17:25   #78
Kneebs
Inactive

Kneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really niceKneebs is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Kneebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyoung666
can you not get a scart cable with audio breakout leads built into it

maplin is a good place to start , or believe it or not b&q do them as well
i know - i had to look twice when i saw network cards, cables, routers etc in our local b&q !!!
Old 17-07-2004, 18:42   #79
Ignition
Permanently Banned

Services: Depends who's being serviced :p
Ignition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronze
Ignition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by icanadvise
In my not so humble opinion it's a shame the 'trusted source' commented at all, and bloody negligent besides. Those of us who see how much work is being done to make sure all is ready for this uplift will know that things can and do go wrong, and if it had been delayed thousands of people would have moaned like crazy and hammered the phone lines thanks to a single pair of loose lips.

I just hope for whatever reason it doesn't slip now that Mr 'what NDA, O the one that says P45 if caught giving info away' blabbed. This is the reason the dates were vague due to quantity of work to be done to be safe and if whoever did this understood that rather than getting the info from either a team brief or overhearing a conference call or something they would have kept their big mouth shut

*and breeeeeeeathe*
Old 17-07-2004, 18:58   #80
toytown
Inactive

toytown is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by etccarmageddon
all indications are that it will be the 1st august or there abouts.
I dont believe this is the correct date, the 1st of August is a Sunday. For a change like this you would want support people etc on call and that costs a lot of money on a sunday. Surely out of all the days in the week the sunday would be the worst, thats why i dont believe this is the correct date.
Old 17-07-2004, 19:35   #81
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherN00b
In my not so humble opinion it's a shame the 'trusted source' commented at all, and bloody negligent besides. Those of us who see how much work is being done to make sure all is ready for this uplift will know that things can and do go wrong, and if it had been delayed thousands of people would have moaned like crazy and hammered the phone lines thanks to a single pair of loose lips.

I just hope for whatever reason it doesn't slip now that Mr 'what NDA, O the one that says P45 if caught giving info away' blabbed. This is the reason the dates were vague due to quantity of work to be done to be safe and if whoever did this understood that rather than getting the info from either a team brief or overhearing a conference call or something they would have kept their big mouth shut

*and breeeeeeeathe*
But if NTL uk had been competant enough to set out a plan that includes time for setbacks, then a target date would be easily announceable, IE NTL Ireland, you wouldnt need to complain about "trusted sources" if NTL (UK) were more open to its customers in the first place..

Rant off :P
Old 17-07-2004, 19:40   #82
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherN00b
if it had been delayed thousands of people would have moaned like crazy and hammered the phone lines thanks to a single pair of loose lips.
'Loose lips' as you refer, has not been negligent at all, far from it.

People have been moaning anyway and why does everything have to be so hush hush? NTL as we know, is a cable company not the secret service, it pays to actually communicate with their customers, a lesson they still have not learned over the years, almost into four months since the annoucement and not any official update from ntl to give any indication on a set of dates for these speeds. If they had, it would not need a set of 'loose lips' to give out such information.
Old 17-07-2004, 21:39   #83
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

We are still in the car to where ever with the kids in the back going "are we there yet?"

How many times have any parents here had that experience?

So why keep asking?It will happen when it happens and not a moment sooner.

WE have been given a date and that still hasn't satisfied the so impatient chil...members of the forum.

In the past I had to wait 16 months to get free dial up with NTL so frankly waiting 4/5 months for a BB upgrade is a doddle in comparison.

Trouble is if NTL had said nothing about the upgrades then everyone would have been asking why Telewest could do it but NTL couldn't.....
So they told us about it but of course they still can't win because....well some of us really need to get a sense of proportion about the matter I reckon.

Incog.
Old 17-07-2004, 21:45   #84
LostintheNW
Inactive

Services: Plenty thanks
LostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation era

OK going off the dates that have been posted as I have an STB i have to wait till September to get the speed increase, yet people with SACMs get it a month earlier? Do I get some discount then seeing as I am paying more for a slower speed?
Old 17-07-2004, 21:51   #85
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostintheNW
OK going off the dates that have been posted as I have an STB i have to wait till September to get the speed increase, yet people with SACMs get it a month earlier? Do I get some discount then seeing as I am paying more for a slower speed?

Nice try but no cigar!!
Old 17-07-2004, 21:55   #86
LostintheNW
Inactive

LostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation era

I'll get a discount or I will cancel everything, not impressed with the service we have had lately given that the whole lot has gone off around 4 times in the past couple of months and NTL have not been bothered at all
Old 17-07-2004, 21:57   #87
poolking
Inactive

Services: Sky World 300k BB NTL Phone
poolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to poolking Send a message via MSN to poolking Send a message via Yahoo to poolking

Have you actually read the posts about the STBs having to be replaced in order to take 1.5Mb?
Old 17-07-2004, 21:59   #88
LostintheNW
Inactive

Yes I have read the post about the STBs being replaced, and I got the letter a couple of weeks ago about getting a new one.....still doesnt mean I should have to wait
Old 17-07-2004, 22:11   #89
poolking
Inactive

Services: Sky World 300k BB NTL Phone
poolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to poolking Send a message via MSN to poolking Send a message via Yahoo to poolking

So you expect to jump to the head of the queue for a new STB?
Old 17-07-2004, 22:30   #90
LostintheNW
Inactive

Nope never said I wanted to jump to the head of the queue....I have actually asked in the past for a SACM due to the BB causing problems with the tv and all they ever did was replace the STB and things are fine for a couple of weeks, then its locking box, no internet etc and I was actually told I did not need a new STB when the speed increases were announced
Closed Thread