Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] BB Speed Upgrades
View Poll Results: Have you been upgraded ?
Yes 59 86.76%
No, not yet 9 13.24%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 28-07-2004, 13:08   #166
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
Re: [Merged] BB Speed Upgrade Dates

not happening on teesside yet , and i have rebooted
Advertisement
Old 28-07-2004, 13:10   #167
beardsley
Inactive

beardsley will become famous soon enoughbeardsley will become famous soon enoughbeardsley will become famous soon enough

I am sitting at work, and have not been able to ping my machine at home all morning. It is set to mail me if the IP address changes, so the most likely explanation seemed to be that the server had crashed.

However, having read this thread, I am starting to suspect that I have been upgraded, and either the modem did not reboot correctly, or my router got upset.

This is in Fleet on the Hampshire/Surrey border. Can anyone confirm if this area has been upgraded?
Old 28-07-2004, 13:21   #168
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Re: BB Speed Upgrade Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardsley
I am sitting at work, and have not been able to ping my machine at home all morning. It is set to mail me if the IP address changes, so the most likely explanation seemed to be that the server had crashed.
Earlier posts state that the IP address didn't/won't change.
Old 28-07-2004, 13:28   #169
beardsley
Inactive

beardsley will become famous soon enoughbeardsley will become famous soon enoughbeardsley will become famous soon enough
Re: BB Speed Upgrade Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
Earlier posts state that the IP address didn't/won't change.
I am quite prepared to beleive that the IP address has/will not change. I was just wondering if the Fleet area had just been upgraded. It so, it would at least be a coincidence.
Old 28-07-2004, 13:32   #170
seaneeboy
Inactive

Services: NTL 4Meg BB, Family Pack, Phone
seaneeboy is just really niceseaneeboy is just really niceseaneeboy is just really niceseaneeboy is just really niceseaneeboy is just really niceseaneeboy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to seaneeboy

Perhaps your machine at home has crashed?

(ps - anyone in leeds been upgraded yet? oooh! The exitement!)
Old 28-07-2004, 13:37   #171
Bill C

Quote:
Originally Posted by etccarmageddon
hey there - what's it like using a slooow internet connection!

I could learn to hate you

Enjoy your new speed lucky so and so

Old 28-07-2004, 13:38   #172
Acathla
cf.mega poster

Acathla has reached the bronze age
Acathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaneeboy
(ps - anyone in leeds been upgraded yet? oooh! The exitement!)
hehe

cant wait for a whole month of this
Old 28-07-2004, 13:39   #173
seaneeboy
Inactive

Services: NTL 4Meg BB, Family Pack, Phone
seaneeboy is just really niceseaneeboy is just really niceseaneeboy is just really niceseaneeboy is just really niceseaneeboy is just really niceseaneeboy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to seaneeboy

Haha acathla - I'm sure the novelty will wear off after a couple of days - and the frustration will return
Old 28-07-2004, 14:08   #174
mt50
Inactive

mt50 is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm on 750k in stoke now

EDIT no i'm not only 557 Kbps accroding to adslguide. but 792k's according to speedtest.ndo.com. ah just done it again and got 871.50kbps that one must just pick a random number and say thats your speed
Old 28-07-2004, 14:42   #175
banjo
Inactive

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by etccarmageddon
hey there - what's it like using a slooow internet connection!

But does your e-mail work ?
Old 28-07-2004, 14:59   #176
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo
But does your e-mail work ?
yes it's fantastic... for example last week I managed to get emailed about 3 times re my monthly DD advance notice!

Old 28-07-2004, 15:25   #177
byron_hinson
Inactive

Services: 50 MB Broadband and Phone
byron_hinson is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to byron_hinson

Nothing here in Cambridge yet either.
Old 28-07-2004, 15:45   #178
Electrolyte01

We just got a letter this morning about the upgrades, so I can see Tamworth's isn't going to be long away.

Old 28-07-2004, 16:23   #179
Electrolyte01

Received letter confirming broad band upgrade

Yep, got the letter this morning confirming the update in August. Looks like my area is getting it soon then, no one else I know with NTL broadband has had a letter about this yet.

Old 28-07-2004, 16:31   #180
beardsley
Inactive

The good news: My machine at home is back on line. Looging at the modem logs, the cable network went down at 23:57 last night.
The bad news: Dosdiag still reports that I am on a 1 meg connection, so presumably the upgrade is not the reason for the outage.
Closed Thread