Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Adobe flash Player

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Adobe flash Player

Old 03-01-2021, 10:04   #31
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Adobe flash Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Hm, thats a good point!!! (Didnt think of that)

Well I hope they dont do that!!! (I just played Frogger )
You can still use your flash games it won't stop over night.

1. You still have sources for where the games are.
2. You keep backups of the last Flash download to make it easy to find.

But as the years go on it's going to get less and less..... Unless you get a bit more modern and flash games get updated to run using another technology.
Old 04-01-2021, 05:10   #32
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Ya I hear ya Snoop....... They always make things harder FOR NO BLASTED REASON it seems....

Its all very sad
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 10:21   #33
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Ya I hear ya Snoop....... They always make things harder FOR NO BLASTED REASON it seems....

Its all very sad
Except for security issues, technology advances, and the fact there are better things out there...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 12:44   #34
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

What Hugh said.
Old 06-01-2021, 11:16   #35
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Dude111, you could try https://bluemaxima.org/flashpoint/

I think that had Adobe been able to get the security vulnerabilities under control, we'd likely have Flash player for a few more years yet.

Sadly, they couldn't. Doing so would likely have required a massive investment, and when most modern browsers can do virtually everything we previously needed Flash Player for using built in functionality, Adobe probably thought they wouldn't see enough of a return on that investment.

As for no reason, I think Hugh got it right.. Security should be a massive issue for anyone who even connects a computer to the internet. Disabling a product that is both a massive source of security problems and barely used by most people is, IMO, a no brainer.

Personally, I can't remember the last time I used a flash website. The only computer I had it installed on (which has since been re-installed with no flash player) was my laptop. The only reason I had it installed is for home schooling. When they switched to home schooling in March, the school my Niece and Nephew go to required they go to one website that, at that time, still required flash.

Thankfully, it seems to have been updated now.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 17:36   #36
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

I was informed on my pc that my Adobe flash would have been out of date at the end of 2020 and to uninstall it, when I did this it came up with reinstalled ,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 17:39   #37
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
I was informed on my pc that my Adobe flash would have been out of date at the end of 2020 and to uninstall it, when I did this it came up with reinstalled ,
It's uninstalled the old version first and reinstalled the latest, personally if you don't use it then uninstall it.