Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Will Scotland Leave the UK?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Old 31-01-2014, 23:03   #406
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

We should call ourselves Scotland and demand that the old Scotland change their name.

Or keep the UK but use it to refer to the Union + Scotland just to confuse Americans even further about the difference between the UK, Great Britain, the British Isles and so on.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2014, 00:36   #407
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

My Dad is Scottish, my Mum is English. I have large families both north and south of the border. I don't hate the English, I love them. I was born in Falkirk but hold a British passport. This debate is crazy
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:46   #408
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
My Dad is Scottish, my Mum is English. I have large families both north and south of the border. I don't hate the English, I love them. I was born in Falkirk but hold a British passport. This debate is crazy

Well only some 'contributors' to the debate are crazy to be fair...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:26   #409
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Welsh 'toffs' getting free prescriptions must make the poor in Wales feel a lot better.

I Prefer the English version where those who can easily afford to pay do and the rest don't.
You're aware that prescriptions in Wales are free regardless of financial situation right?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:31   #410
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Let's not stray too far from el topic, eh?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 18:57   #411
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

So, the latest developments in the whole separatist fantasy.

BP's boss warns of 'uncertainties' because of the referendum:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-26028481

Sainsbury's boss points out that groceries will get more expensive, if English supermarkets stop subsidising the higher costs of distribution in Scotland:
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/b8f05d3c-8...#axzz2sNd5w9DQ (registration required to view the FT, I'll find a better link as the story spreads).

As referendum day looms, the facts are coming home to roost. We have a successful, well-integrated and efficient union. It may not be perfect, but it works, and it works well. The alternative will be a costly mess.

The only sane vote is 'NO'.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 20:18   #412
Jimi
Permanently Banned

Services: VM
Jimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friends

Deary me Chris,you just don't have a clue,do you!!!
[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 20:21   #413
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Nothing like a well-reasoned rebuttal, supported by evidence...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 20:22   #414
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi View Post
Deary me Chris,you just don't have a clue,do you!!!
But what about the points he raised? Rather than give a "I'm right, you're wrong" response can you offer anything to counter them?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 04-02-2014, 20:32   #415
Jimi
Permanently Banned

Services: VM
Jimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friends

Jeez,I had hardly typed out a reply tae Chris (cable forum mod) when two more mods jump in like a shot,are you both off your rocker.
Anyway,I have given my reasons,what I will say is this,I posted on Twitter to an number of followers that the 'Dirty Tricks' mob would be out in force over the next few months,any neutral looking in on this debate would clearly see how frightened you are,you are but won't admit it,aren't you.
A 5% swing ing the polls will have Better Together in a complete panic,you all thought at the outset that it would be a formality but now you all have squeaky bums,get used tae it chaps,our day will come,mark my words.
Jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 20:35   #416
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Jeez,I had hardly typed out a reply tae Chris (cable forum mod) when two more mods jump in like a shot,are you both off your rocker.
Mods are allowed to have opinions too.

Quote:
Anyway,I have given my reasons,what I will say is this,I posted on Twitter to an number of followers that the 'Dirty Tricks' mob would be out in force over the next few months,any neutral looking in on this debate would clearly see how frightened you are,you are but won't admit it,aren't you.
A 5% swing ing the polls will have Better Together in a complete panic,you all thought at the outset that it would be a formality but now you all have squeaky bums,get used tae it chaps,our day will come,mark my words.
You could have saved yourself time and effort by simply replying "no".

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 04-02-2014, 20:41   #417
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
sorry, I can't understand what you're saying.
Old 04-02-2014, 20:43   #418
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

I doubt he can either...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 20:47   #419
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

I cannot wait for the referendum, especially if its a NO.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 20:48   #420
greeninferno
cf.addict

greeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud of

Quote:
"Jimi" - you're not "Tommy" the "Taxi driver" are you?

The scourge of phone ins the length and breadth of Britain?
greeninferno is offline   Reply With Quote