Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 18-05-2013, 20:27   #1531
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by coulsontom View Post
Plus to be honest I think a lot of it is down to the computer. Most of those speed test things use flash to run them which doesn't run well on my laptop.
So these posts were pointless then?
Quote:
That was on a speed test I did an hour ago.
Sometimes it reaches 40+ got 60 once.
Quote:
(100mb virgin internet is only giving us 11mb)
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-05-2013, 20:42   #1532
coulsontom
Inactive

coulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
So these posts were pointless then?
note the use of the phrase: "I think".
coulsontom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2013, 21:02   #1533
BexTech
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Cable TV (1TB Tivo) & Net, 120cm motorized satellite system.
BexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really nice

You are doing speedtest when hard-wired?
BexTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2013, 09:00   #1534
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

The Non-League Paper are reporting that BT Sports picked up the rights for Conference Football from next season.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2013, 11:03   #1535
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

BT sports going the same way as Setanta then.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2013, 12:04   #1536
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
BT sports going the same way as Setanta then.
I didn't know Setanta did triple-play packages.
HDFootyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2013, 12:24   #1537
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Just ordered BT.

When I checked online, it said I couldn't get BT infinity until Sept 2013.

But when i ordered, I got BT Infinity, so went for the BT Infinity 2 (download 78mb, upload 20, estimate for me was 56 down, and 20 up)

First 3 mths discounted to £20 per mth (then £26), phone rental paid for full year (£129). Delivery charge £6.95 (for equipment)

And £50 sainsbury voucher (and free BT sports and HD)

Will someone start a thread, I decided to plump for BT offer? Am I first?
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2013, 12:31   #1538
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
The Non-League Paper are reporting that BT Sports picked up the rights for Conference Football from next season.
BT have snatched the rights away from Premier Sports. The Conference have signed a deal with BT worth £300k to broadcast between 25/30 games next season.

http://bullsnews.blogspot.co.uk/2013...-for-conf.html

"Today's Non-League Paper says a deal has been done with the fledgling BT Sport to cover the Conference on their new channels next season.

"Hands have been shaken" on a £300,000 deal that will bring up to 30 games to millions of BT customers, with the new channels being dished out for free to BT Internet users.

Conference chairman Brian Lee told the paper: "It's great news, we've got an agreement in place for next season and it's the news the league wanted."

Lee also tells the paper that they are still searching for a new sponsor for next season, but that the new TV deal will aid that search."
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2013, 12:50   #1539
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
Just ordered BT.

When I checked online, it said I couldn't get BT infinity until Sept 2013.

But when i ordered, I got BT Infinity, so went for the BT Infinity 2 (download 78mb, upload 20, estimate for me was 56 down, and 20 up)

First 3 mths discounted to £20 per mth (then £26), phone rental paid for full year (£129). Delivery charge £6.95 (for equipment)

And £50 sainsbury voucher (and free BT sports and HD)

Will someone start a thread, I decided to plump for BT offer? Am I first?
So you better say goodbye to your old master then.
Old 19-05-2013, 13:04   #1540
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
So you better say goodbye to your old master then.
Switching broadband doesn't count. He's still one of the SKY TV gang and probably one of a few people here who knows 100% he's getting BT Sports when it launches.
Old 19-05-2013, 13:11   #1541
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Switching broadband doesn't count. He's still one of the SKY TV gang and probably one of a few people here who knows 100% he's getting BT Sports when it launches.
Don't worry Chad as it will be on Sky and Virgin before it launches unless they want a disaster from launch.
Old 19-05-2013, 14:01   #1542
Chad
cf.mega poster

Sorry, I didn't mean to post.
Old 19-05-2013, 14:02   #1543
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Don't worry Chad as it will be on Sky and Virgin before it launches unless they want a disaster from launch.
Yes, premature Den (not the ejaculation type )

Still sky tv, at moment, I can't see a better deal on Virgin, and BT isn't in the offing yet.

I can survive 18 mth contract, it will allow me to switch to SKY (and new customer offer) in future (18 mths in future of course).
Old 19-05-2013, 14:24   #1544
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Sorry to state the obvious but BT Sports is already on Sky , you can subscribe for £12.00 direct with BT for the first year and HD is included , Colin has just took the option of getting free BT Sports by changing his broadband to BT Infinity , I don't blame him its a decent option sadly one thats not currently available to me as we have no date for fibre in our area and switching normal BB would only result in around a 50p saving so not really worth bothering.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2013, 14:32   #1545
colin25
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Sorry to state the obvious but BT Sports is already on Sky , you can subscribe for £12.00 direct with BT for the first year and HD is included , Colin has just took the option of getting free BT Sports by changing his broadband to BT Infinity , I don't blame him its a decent option sadly one thats not currently available to me as we have no date for fibre in our area and switching normal BB would only result in around a 50p saving so not really worth bothering.
Can you get the 16mb option?

That is still worth getting.

Currently Sky is £7.50 BB + £14.50 phone

BT's offer is £16m BB + £10.75 (if pay in advance), but you get BT sport free, and first 6mths BB is free

I was going for that offer, but switched because top package infinity was on offer.