Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 05-01-2011, 22:42   #3241
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Scott Pilgram vs The World - 9.5/10

I like these types of movies and I think that this may grow into one all time favourites

I liked the soundtrack to it as well.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-01-2011, 22:14   #3242
budwieser
cf.mega poster

budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star
budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star

Forgive me for being a STUPID Human Being Please.
I`ve just sat and watched this......http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1488598/
I thought i`d seen some crap in my time but tonight, I`ve surpassed myself.
I`m going to find some rope and a tree.......................
budwieser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 22:19   #3243
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Megamind 7/10.

Quite enjoyable, but I am sure the Jor-El/Marlon Brando impersonation will go over most kid's heads....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:27   #3244
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

It's a Trap 8 /10
enjoyed it as much as the other two Star Wars Family Guy parodies.
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 23:13   #3245
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Last two films: Gulliver's Travels: 6/10. Quite entertaining. Good special effects. Typical Jack Black take on the storyline. Emily Blunt and Amanda Peet are sexy.

Knight and Day: All I can say is meh.. 4/10. While I normally like Cameron Diaz (she *does* have good comic timing IMO), and like a lot of Tom Cruise's films, this one tried to combine action comedy and serious drama. As such, it largely failed at both, although it was entertaining in places.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:33   #3246
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

The Prestige

Hmm. 8/10
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 22:39   #3247
MrGiles2
Inactive

Services: Virginemedia V+. Broadband, Sky, Freeview, Blu-Ray, DVD, Home Cinema
MrGiles2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Last two films: Gulliver's Travels: 6/10. Quite entertaining. Good special effects. Typical Jack Black take on the storyline. Emily Blunt and Amanda Peet are sexy.

Knight and Day: All I can say is meh.. 4/10. While I normally like Cameron Diaz (she *does* have good comic timing IMO), and like a lot of Tom Cruise's films, this one tried to combine action comedy and serious drama. As such, it largely failed at both, although it was entertaining in places.
I agree that both Emily Blunt and Amanda Peet are lovely ladies, very sexy to!!

Havent seen the movie though.
MrGiles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 06:15   #3248
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

The King's Speech 9/10 most definitely going to be major awards winner this year, much better than I expected it to be as I had to take the other half.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 19:18   #3249
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

Cronos 6/10
Like Devil's backbone, interesting premise, starts off well, but gets a bit slow, and started to lose interest.
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 19:26   #3250
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

The Switch (Jennifer Aniston / Jason Bateman).

6/10 - not as predictable as your usual romcom, but
Spoiler: 
with the usual happy ending
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 19:34   #3251
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

The Green Hornet - 7/10

I enjoyed it, it was better than I expected.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 19:35   #3252
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
The Green Hornet - 7/10

I enjoyed it, it was better than I expected.
2D or 3D as I have not heard good words about the 3D version.
Old 16-01-2011, 19:45   #3253
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

3D, our cinema didn't have it in 2D. I didn't notice anything special about the 3D. If you can I'd go see it in 2D.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 19:48   #3254
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
3D, our cinema didn't have it in 2D. I didn't notice anything special about the 3D. If you can I'd go see it in 2D.
They said as much on Film 2011 as it was added on afterwards, I will try to see it in 2D.
Old 17-01-2011, 11:08   #3255
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

They have spent a long time converting it though so it should look better than some 2D/3D conversions. I have noticed that no cinemas near me are showing it in 2D at all this week, seems to be 3D only :-( Hopefully it will be just for this week.

Gulliver's Travels 7/10 - Very funny and I really enjoyed it, but probably only cause I am a big Jack Black fan.