Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 24-06-2009, 10:27   #2506
liamboyle06
Inactive

Services: 3 Mobile Sky+ HD NWE 2MB Wireless Broadband XBOX 360 PS3 Wii
liamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of lightliamboyle06 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to liamboyle06
re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaccers View Post
The Hangover - 9/10 Don't think I've laughed so much through any other film.
that was one of the funniest films i have seen in a long time.

Seen Transformers 2 last night - thought it was very good, action right from the start. 9/10
liamboyle06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-06-2009, 12:33   #2507
zing_deleted

Push

I know its been out a while but I just caught it and thought it was good enough 7 /10 worth a watch
Old 24-06-2009, 12:57   #2508
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Rat Race

Very silly, tried too hard a lot of the time but raised a few chuckles nonetheless. The sequence with the jewish family in Hitler's Mercedes is excellent.

6/10
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2009, 13:02   #2509
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Psychotic scourned girlfriend flying a helicopter scene not appeal to you then??

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2009, 13:06   #2510
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

It was pretty good, but it's also a good example of the film trying too hard to be funny. The situation itself was very comic, psycho-girlfriend overacting her way through it only made it look like the director lacked confidence in his script. As if he was saying, "look folks! This is funny! Laugh, now!"
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2009, 13:13   #2511
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

I agree, with a cast like that it should have been a classic, clearly an attempt at a Cannonball Run style remake. To be honest had it not been for John Cleese (or rather his very impressive teeth) I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it so much. But you can tell the director wasn't aiming for an Oscar.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2009, 02:28   #2512
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

The Silence of the Lambs

Nearly 20 years old, & still one of the best ever thrillers made IMO. A classic.

10/10

It's a few years since I last watched it, so it was rather odd seeing the actor I now know more as Monk's Captain Stottlemeyer playing "Buffalo Bill"...

Great cast all round, but Foster & Hopkins were superb, & certainly deserved their Oscars (and I think it also won Best Picture & Best Director too).
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2009, 02:39   #2513
matt-h
Inactive

Services: SkyHD , VM BB 60Mb
matt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamboyle06 View Post
that was one of the funniest films i have seen in a long time.

Seen Transformers 2 last night - thought it was very good, action right from the start. 9/10
Im off to see that on the Imax screen at the manchester odeon ( printworks ) soon.

Looked awesome on the trailer
matt-h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2009, 08:59   #2514
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

I managed to watch Transformers last night, 6/10. I'll be going to see Transformers 2 on Saturday. I hope it's better than the first!

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2009, 10:25   #2515
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Quick question to those who have watched Transformers 2. It is a 12A which means I can take someone under 12 to wath it. Is the film suitable for a 5 year old?
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2009, 12:46   #2516
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo View Post
Quick question to those who have watched Transformers 2. It is a 12A which means I can take someone under 12 to wath it. Is the film suitable for a 5 year old?
I don't think I would recommend it for someone that young. There is a small amount of foul language in the movie along with all the violence.
Old 25-06-2009, 14:06   #2517
CHiLL
cf.geek

Services: Sky+ TV and Virgin Media 10MB Internet.
CHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of light

Transformers 2. I thought it was a very good film. I enjoyed it anyway.
CHiLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2009, 16:53   #2518
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie

The Haunting in Connecticut, very spooky movie! but brilliant story 9/10
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2009, 16:55   #2519
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Dead Space. Which was ok, messy, but ok 5/10

I've got the game now so I'm working on that...
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2009, 00:52   #2520
lauzjp
Inactive

Services: 5mb 3 mobile broadband, sky, freeview
lauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronze
lauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to lauzjp

Southland Tales. if you're a geek, into sci-fi kinda action, ott, over-long, but slightly intriguing 7/10 a few giggles with Sarah Michelle Gellar-Prinze-Junior as an adult film star secret agent type thing
lauzjp is offline   Reply With Quote