Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Government & Post Election Discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Government & Post Election Discussion
Closed Thread

Old 27-09-2017, 18:16   #451
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Government & Post Election Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I don't think you can compare the conferences. The Labour conference allows more member-led proposed debates and motions than the Tory one which is almost entirely (if not completely) scheduled by Tory HQ. The Tory party can quickly shut down any off-script proposals or debates. Labour don't have the same ability plus it's a bigger membership before you even include all the trade unions and affiliates who turn up too.

So I don't think it's fair to compare a smaller, more controlled, conference to a larger free-for-all conference.
I think it's fair to expect the Labour party to expose and root out the extremists and racists amongst them during their conference whether they have direct control or not. The trouble is that these people are seizing control of the party and propping up Corbyn, McDonnell et al and that's why nothing's being done about it. Nasty, intolerant, hypocrites.
Advertisement
Old 27-09-2017, 18:48   #452
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
I think it's fair to expect the Labour party to expose and root out the extremists and racists amongst them during their conference whether they have direct control or not. The trouble is that these people are seizing control of the party and propping up Corbyn, McDonnell et al and that's why nothing's being done about it. Nasty, intolerant, hypocrites.
The party did vote to make it easier to expel anti-seminites and the worst of behaviour of the conference would have been at the fringe events rather than the conference itself.

I think there is a problem with anti-semitism on the left and one of unfairly demonising opponents but I don't think it's limited to them. Certainly the latter is seen across the political divide.

I have pointed out the problem with Corbyn and the left before but I think you're losing perspective with the party as a whole.

I mean you brought up the 2008 crisis but the economic policies that led to that are far closer to what the Tories advocate than Corbyn. The current Tory party are much closer to New Labour than Corbyn's Labour, the latter want far more regulation, nationalised banks, financial transaction taxes and so on.

The only real thing they share with New Labour is the name.

Last edited by Damien; 27-09-2017 at 18:54.
Old 27-09-2017, 22:45   #453
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Posts have been deleted. Enough of the personal comments!

I will not tolerate any member being ganged up on!
Old 27-09-2017, 23:26   #454
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Corbyn is quite funny to watch lately.
going Yeh! yeh! roar!

can't wait till he gets in. no more austerity. people can stop worrying and thinking of dying early.
Old 28-09-2017, 01:18   #455
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Sigh, yet more post deletion(s). Members are reminded that when Team members post an instruction, it is not open to debate or reply.
Old 28-09-2017, 07:46   #456
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
Corbyn is quite funny to watch lately.
going Yeh! yeh! roar!

can't wait till he gets in. no more austerity. people can stop worrying and thinking of dying early.
I am afraid that after he's spent all our money, there will be austerity with a vengeance.

I am amazed that people can't see that. It looks like they will have to learn the hard way if they elect him and their short sightedness will impact on us all.

If he gets in, I'm emigrating!
Old 28-09-2017, 10:22   #457
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I am afraid that after he's spent all our money, there will be austerity with a vengeance.

I am amazed that people can't see that. It looks like they will have to learn the hard way if they elect him and their short sightedness will impact on us all.

You mean in the same way a badly handled and ill prepared for Brexit will impact on all of us? Courage and Hope do not suffice in the real world ..

Careful what you wish for, Mrs May is preparing the way for Corbyn ..
Old 28-09-2017, 12:45   #458
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:

Yeah just like before but those who voted for it will still no doubt blame the Tories. For some people it's clearly much easier to listen to someone who tells you it's all going to be OK than accept tough times are ahead. How many times does Corbyn have to lie, change course, obfuscate and excuse or ignore the most appalling behaviour before people wake up and see him for what he is I wonder? The sort of austerity we've been experiencing will be nothing if his party gains power and make no mistake, when he's served his usefulness Momentum will have an even more extreme puppet ready to pull the strings of.
Old 28-09-2017, 12:48   #459
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

I'm happy to blame the Tories for being so bad that people are entertaining Jeremy Corbyn as PM and the current Labour Party as a party of government.
Old 28-09-2017, 12:58   #460
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
The party did vote to make it easier to expel anti-seminites and the worst of behaviour of the conference would have been at the fringe events rather than the conference itself.

I think there is a problem with anti-semitism on the left and one of unfairly demonising opponents but I don't think it's limited to them. Certainly the latter is seen across the political divide.

I have pointed out the problem with Corbyn and the left before but I think you're losing perspective with the party as a whole.

I mean you brought up the 2008 crisis but the economic policies that led to that are far closer to what the Tories advocate than Corbyn. The current Tory party are much closer to New Labour than Corbyn's Labour, the latter want far more regulation, nationalised banks, financial transaction taxes and so on.

The only real thing they share with New Labour is the name.
Corbyn has done nothing to root out racism, sexism, anti-semitism or any form of nastiness his chums choose to employ. Just look at his circle of friends and allies. Anyone who tolerates a thug like McDonnell in such a senior position clearly doesn't have any issues with nastiness and intimidation. A female BBC reporter needing a bodyguard at their conference FGS. Who the hell are these people? Corbyn's crew are apologists for the most appalling behaviour and clearly don't mind being propped up by some very intolerant people indeed.

During my lifetime Labour have created economic chaos whatever incarnation they've chosen to spin themselves as. Whether it be the likes of Dennis Healey or Gordon Brown they've always wound up borrowing too much, spending unwisely and leaving others to pick up the pieces and having the audacity to blame them for it. They called in the IMF and made the UK a pathetic laughing stock then after over a decade in power with a huge majority they steered us into the biggest crisis in living memory and tried to blame the Tories for that. Yeah, forgive me for being harsh on Labour but I've been around long enough to know what they're like and that they haven't improved one iota. Nasty, inept and a disgrace to the people they say they represent.

Last edited by Osem; 28-09-2017 at 13:03.
Old 28-09-2017, 15:59   #461
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
I'm happy to blame the Tories for being so bad that people are entertaining Jeremy Corbyn as PM and the current Labour Party as a party of government.
Venezuela, here we come, then

I can't believe you'd want to inflict that on all of us and your family. It's time to behave more responsibility.

---------- Post added at 15:59 ---------- Previous post was at 15:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
You mean in the same way a badly handled and ill prepared for Brexit will impact on all of us? Courage and Hope do not suffice in the real world ..

Careful what you wish for, Mrs May is preparing the way for Corbyn ..
You will see that Brexit will work as we finish the transition.

It seems that you cannot understand how it can work, and that you just have to see for yourself when the time comes.

For my part, I really don't understand the negativity. You must be fun to live with!!
Old 28-09-2017, 16:08   #462
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Venezuela, here we come, then

I can't believe you'd want to inflict that on all of us and your family. It's time to behave more responsibility.
Who people want to vote for is their own business as he is not telling you who you should vote for and whoever he votes for is his business and his alone.
Old 28-09-2017, 16:47   #463
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Who people want to vote for is their own business as he is not telling you who you should vote for and whoever he votes for is his business and his alone.
No, but who we all vote for collectively affects the lives of everyone. I don't want to see people in this country plunged into abject poverty because JC plunders all the money that we don't have. Crazy, crazy politics. And it's the poor who will suffer the most, as usual.
Old 28-09-2017, 16:58   #464
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
No, but who we all vote for collectively affects the lives of everyone. I don't want to see people in this country plunged into abject poverty because JC plunders all the money that we don't have. Crazy, crazy politics. And it's the poor who will suffer the most, as usual.
Well that's been very true over the last 7 years ! One section of society has carried on regardless though; 'we're all in this together' my arse.
Old 28-09-2017, 17:29   #465
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Well that's been very true over the last 7 years ! One section of society has carried on regardless though; 'we're all in this together' my arse.
As usual your opinion is not born out by the facts:

Quote:
Incomes have declined among the highest earners, many of whom work in the finance and insurance industries. That's because these sectors were hit hardest by the financial crisis.

That brings down the gap between rich and poor. But if someone who once earned £5m per year is now earning £2.5m, they are still pretty rich. And it doesn't change anything for people on the lowest incomes, who still struggle to make ends meet.

There have been some improvements for people on the lowest incomes - an increased minimum wage and higher benefits, for example. And more people are in employment.
Source

But hey, lets just have a go at the baby eating Tory's for the sake of it.
Closed Thread