Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What game are you playing

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion

What game are you playing

Old 27-05-2014, 12:25   #1966
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Re: what game are you playing

After work I shall be playing Watchdogs, alas juding by the reviews it looks a bit crap.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-05-2014, 13:00   #1967
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Wolfenstein:The New Order on PC - good old school fun.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2014, 13:01   #1968
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I'm still playing Elite (The New Kind) - in anticipation of the new Beta phase release on Friday
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2014, 14:16   #1969
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
After work I shall be playing Watchdogs, alas juding by the reviews it looks a bit crap.
Same here, although the reviews I have read on the PS4 and PC versions have all said it's somewhere between good and quite good. I'll be downloading and playing the PC version from Steam tonight.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2014, 14:18   #1970
Bogof

Services: BT Infinity 80Mb down, 20Mb upload. Syncing @ 148Mb down, 44Mb up. TRUELY UNLIMITED/UNMANAGED/UNTHRO

I'm playing wolfenstein new order and Watchdogs, both on PS4. Although WOlfenstein makes me feel a little queasy after an hour or so.

Got watchdogs on PS4 not just for the slightly better resolution an graphics than xbox one but it has an extra 60mins of gameplay.
Old 27-05-2014, 21:01   #1971
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Watch Dogs, looks and plays great on Ultra settings, but the game is a bit flat. The driving is terrible and the rest has all been done before.

Wolfenstein. Very enjoyable and good fun. Though tried it with a joypad. - soo wrong. Can't beat PC/Mouse.
Old 27-05-2014, 21:22   #1972
Bogof

Services: BT Infinity 80Mb down, 20Mb upload. Syncing @ 148Mb down, 44Mb up. TRUELY UNLIMITED/UNMANAGED/UNTHRO

Watch dogs is GREAT!!!! Simple, an I'm always right. Of course the PS4 version is described as the definitive version. Sneaking into someone else game and hacking them whilst I'm hidden parked up in a car watching them running around trying to find me before I hack them is the best fun ever. As the hack zone gets smaller an smaller an you're trying to walk around like a normal NPC. It's just amazing fun, so much here HAS NOT BEEN DONE BEFORE!!!

Or someone comes into your game un-noticed an starts hacking a backdoor into your phone, you're desperately trying to find them before the hack gets to 100%. It's just really great fun. You know he can see you, but they look just like a normal NPC to you.

Wolfenstein is so on rails it's unbareable.
Old 27-05-2014, 21:29   #1973
martin201002
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD sports and movies HD, sky fibre pro, ps4 and xbox one.
martin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of light

At the moment playing plants vs zombies for xone, might give watch dogs a go tomorrow on the ps4.
martin201002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2014, 01:11   #1974
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Watchdogs is actually pretty cool. Most of the fun seems to be had outside of the plot which has come under a lot of fire and you can understand why from a pretty early stage. The game design itself though is very clever indeed... tons of potential in the franchise.

Spoiler: 
I love the way that, when you hack the first ctos tower the first task in the mission is to buy an assault rifle... All guns blazing then? no, if you're creative enough you can actually hack the tower through the cctv cameras without even entering the restricted area.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2014, 10:10   #1975
martin201002
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD sports and movies HD, sky fibre pro, ps4 and xbox one.
martin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
Watchdogs is actually pretty cool. Most of the fun seems to be had outside of the plot which has come under a lot of fire and you can understand why from a pretty early stage. The game design itself though is very clever indeed... tons of potential in the franchise.

Spoiler: 
I love the way that, when you hack the first ctos tower the first task in the mission is to buy an assault rifle... All guns blazing then? no, if you're creative enough you can actually hack the tower through the cctv cameras without even entering the restricted area.
Going to have a go of watch dogs later on, might have try what you mentioned in the spoiler tag.
martin201002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2014, 15:55   #1976
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Lol at Bogof, the PS4 compared to a high spec PC isn't a comparison.*

I understand your comparison about wolfenstein being on rails, but that's crazy to say it's unbearable as most games are but with Wolf it's exactly how it should be. Still it's bound to be crap if you're playing a FPS on a console, lol. But even Watch Dogs in on rails as you so call it. Drive A-B, do a mission and repeat - outcome the is the same.

* There are issues with Watch Dog on the PC as it stands, people are reporting stuttering when driving, probably something to do with a high amount of Vram needed.
There was a day one fix and Nvidia has already released a optimised driver to help with the game. I have notice very occasionally the odd stutter but nothing as bad as day one and I'm sure it'll be fixed in time. My comp handles it very well (GTX780ti). I must admit when driving using cockpit view with everything on ultra is really looks amazing.

You are right the PS4 version is better than the XB1 (not just because of the extra content), I really hoped the XB1 would redeem themselves over the PS4 but I'm starting to worry and feel sorry for XB1 owners now. Just not good enough.

But the game itself is good, lovely to look at, the usual play as in GTA, driving kills the game unfortunately, I just wished they spent more time on that aspect as you will be doing a lot of it. 20 odd hours play is plenty as GTA 5 was THE biggest disappointment ever when it came to completion time.

To be honest I'm enjoying slow driving and exploring the map more than the missions which isn't exactly how it's supposed to be.
Old 28-05-2014, 22:40   #1977
Bogof

I did not compare watchdogs on PS4 to PC lol, nore did I compare Wolfenstien to anything.

I simply stated as fact Wolfenstein is on rails, I also stated the PS4 version of Watchdogs is described by Ubisoft as the definitive version, no comparison there either.

Nore did I say Watchdogs on PS4 is better than Watchdogs on Xbox one. You have a great imagination.
Old 28-05-2014, 23:04   #1978
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogof View Post
Nore did I say Watchdogs on PS4 is better than Watchdogs on Xbox one. You have a great imagination.
Well, apart from this post further up the page...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogof View Post
Got watchdogs on PS4 not just for the slightly better resolution an graphics than xbox one but it has an extra 60mins of gameplay.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 22:25   #1979
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I love hacking traffic lights in Watchdogs
Old 01-06-2014, 22:45   #1980
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal

Playing early access Wildstar. loving it, some really impressive stuff in there so far
Ravenheart is offline   Reply With Quote