Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 18-10-2018, 11:12   #8686
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
What about all those people who can't make it or afford to go to a football stadium?

Watching football live at a stadium will not be affected unduly if the rules were changed. People are getting fed up with being manipulated and told what they have to do. Let the public choose!
English Lower league clubs are surviving on a shoestring as it is OB and its pretty obvious you not being a supporter of football fail to understand that and the financial consequences if the 15.00 kick off rule was taken away.
Old 18-10-2018, 11:15   #8687
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
English Lower league clubs are surviving on a shoestring as it is OB and its pretty obvious you not being a supporter of football fail to understand that and the financial consequences if the 15.00 kick off rule was taken away.
It's unlike you Den to side with big business over those who can't afford to spend so much.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2018, 11:20   #8688
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
It's unlike you Den to side with big business over those who can't afford to spend so much.
l support English football in the lower leagues because that is the bread and butter of English football and has such should be fully supported by those who supposedly espouse that they care about English football and its roots.
Old 18-10-2018, 11:28   #8689
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l support English football in the lower leagues because that is the bread and butter of English football and has such should be fully supported by those who supposedly espouse that they care about English football and its roots.
I detest these restrictive pracrices which are making prices artificially high and restricting viewer choice. We are the only country apart from Montenegro with such a ridiculous rule.

If it's really that much of a problem (which I don't think it is, as devoted fans will always go to the stadium to watch their team play anyway), they could always have regional blackouts, as they do in the US. However, I don't think there should be a blanket rule on this as there is now.

This is a decision of big business, who are successfully pulling the wool over the eyes of the public to help them make as much money as possible.
Old 18-10-2018, 12:17   #8690
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Having a live football match on television at 3 o clock doesn't, in my opinion,effect attendance's at football grounds. What does effect attendance's are the cost to get to the ground,the price to get in,the facilities and of course whether the home team are doing well or not. I used to go and watch my local team at every opportunity until the cost spiralled out of control. Add on to that the cost of getting there and maybe a pie and cup of tea at half time it becomes to expensive for me.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2018, 13:41   #8691
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Having a live football match on television at 3 o clock doesn't, in my opinion,effect attendance's at football grounds. What does effect attendance's are the cost to get to the ground,the price to get in,the facilities and of course whether the home team are doing well or not. I used to go and watch my local team at every opportunity until the cost spiralled out of control. Add on to that the cost of getting there and maybe a pie and cup of tea at half time it becomes to expensive for me.
Now, that is the situation as I understand it!
Old 18-10-2018, 14:15   #8692
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
I used to take my son to our local club in the early 00's until prices went through the roof. I would love to see games shown 3 o'clock on a Saturday afternoon.

Last edited by alwaysabear; 18-10-2018 at 14:22.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2018, 16:25   #8693
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:

Also being forced to sit rather than stand is a factor putting many off IMO.

However I agree with the ban on 3pm ko live broadcasts - plenty of football on to watch without risking attendance figures dwindling.

The interesting thing is you can show a live game in the evening and stream / red button other games as you wish.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2018, 17:16   #8694
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Also being forced to sit rather than stand is a factor putting many off IMO.

However I agree with the ban on 3pm ko live broadcasts - plenty of football on to watch without risking attendance figures dwindling.

The interesting thing is you can show a live game in the evening and stream / red button other games as you wish.
You make a good point about the evening televised games. I can image some people on a cold winters evening saying something like think I'll give the match a miss this evening as it's to cold and wet,plus the Liverpool v Man U match is on the TV tonight. Strange that for some reason nobody seems to complain about that,isn't it?
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2018, 22:00   #8695
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Sky warns Disney and Discovery of no-deal Brexit blackout.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...rexit-blackout

Quote:
Sky has delivered an ultimatum to broadcasters including Disney and Discovery to sort out their post-Brexit licensing plans by the end of 2018 or face being taken off its pay-TV service.
Quote:
However, if the government fails to strike a deal to keep EU-wide broadcast rights post-Brexit, companies will have to look to relocate significant parts of their businesses and TV licensing arrangements to other EU countries to continue to transmit across the rest of Europe.
Old 19-10-2018, 19:05   #8696
Meng
cf.member

Meng is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone tell me how much money I would save per month if I were to junk Sky Sports while keeping BT Sport.

Thanks.
Meng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2018, 19:14   #8697
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meng View Post
Can anyone tell me how much money I would save per month if I were to junk Sky Sports while keeping BT Sport.

Thanks.
Whatever your bill says you are paying for Sky Sports, unless you are on the VIP bundle (or Full House Sports bundle?).
RobboEdin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2018, 20:16   #8698
Meng
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Whatever your bill says you are paying for Sky Sports, unless you are on the VIP bundle (or Full House Sports bundle?).
Well, yes, but I currently get BT Sport free as part of my Full House package. I don't know how much BT Sport on its own would cost.

Sky Sports is costing me £33.75 as a Premium add-on. Am I able to get BT Sport on its own, and if so, how much would it be?
Old 19-10-2018, 20:31   #8699
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meng View Post
Well, yes, but I currently get BT Sport free as part of my Full House package. I don't know how much BT Sport on its own would cost.

Sky Sports is costing me £33.75 as a Premium add-on. Am I able to get BT Sport on its own, and if so, how much would it be?
As you said, BT Sport comes with the Full House. Sky Cinema and Sky Sports are extra.
Old 19-10-2018, 21:12   #8700
Meng
cf.member

Quote:
As you said, BT Sport comes with the Full House. Sky Cinema and Sky Sports are extra.
Which suggests I can keep BT Sport even if I get rid of Sky Sports.

Perfect. Thanks.