Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | GU16 Virgin Broadband outage 3rd Oct - any info

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

GU16 Virgin Broadband outage 3rd Oct - any info

Old 03-10-2018, 14:03   #1
DamnMachine
cf.member

DamnMachine is an unknown quantity at this point
GU16 Virgin Broadband outage 3rd Oct - any info

Hi all,

There seems to be a broadband outage in the GU16 area as of Weds 3rd Oct 2018.

All was working fine and dandy till about 11, when Internet access completely disappeared. Rebooted the Superhub 3 twice, but it didn't come back. The green light on the Superhub was flashing permanently (I forget what this means.) Logged on to the Superhub on the local network, and on the status page under Internet it said "Access Denied".

Rang Virgin support and got a recorded message telling me there would be problems till 6pm, which I interpret to meaning "we're sending someone to look at it and if all goes well it will be fixed today".

The Virgin Service status page is saying under broadband:

"You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV or TiVoŽ services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.
We have identified the problem and an engineer is on their way."

Anyone got any more info?
DamnMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-10-2018, 15:06   #2
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age
Re: GU16 Virgin Broadband outage 3rd Oct - any info

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnMachine View Post
Hi all,

All was working fine and dandy till about 11, when Internet access completely disappeared. Rebooted the Superhub 3 twice, but it didn't come back. The green light on the Superhub was flashing permanently (I forget what this means.) Logged on to the Superhub on the local network, and on the status page under Internet it said "Access Denied".

Rang Virgin support and got a recorded message telling me there would be problems till 6pm, which I interpret to meaning "we're sending someone to look at it and if all goes well it will be fixed today".

"You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV or TiVoŽ services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.

I'm in GU16 and it's been fine for me all day.
gba93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 16:09   #3
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by gba93 View Post
I'm in GU16 and it's been fine for me all day.
I guess it will be down to a particular node or street box.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 19:20   #4
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnMachine View Post
Hi all,

You've just described to a tee, each and every occasion ove the past couple of years that we've had planned works in our area. Usually the broadband has a step-change improvement immediately after it comes back.

Sometimes it's gone off for an hour or so, those times we've tended to get a letter or email beforehand to advise - other occasions it's only been 20-30minutes and the first you hear is when it goes off.

Either way, 11am seems to be VM-time for planned works to start.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 14:00   #5
DamnMachine
cf.member

DamnMachine is an unknown quantity at this point

Fair's fair. Virgin said it would be out till 6pm that night, and at 6pm it was back, and I got a text at 6pm saying it was back. I'm quick enough to complain when they are slow or uncommunicative, but in this case they got it right.
DamnMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2018, 17:40   #6
olisun
cf.member

olisun is on a distinguished roadolisun is on a distinguished road

My area (TW3) has been suffering from recent outages and today it went offline again for a couple of times.

Today there were 3 engineers working on my local cabinet taking some measurements.

Not sure what they were upto.

Is this in preparation for something bigger?
olisun is offline   Reply With Quote