Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Dust in Blackberry 8520 Screen

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Dust in Blackberry 8520 Screen

Old 27-02-2010, 23:07   #1
200thhorseman
Inactive

Services: 30Mb Broadband, TiVo, V+, M Phone and Two Virgin Mobiles
200thhorseman is an unknown quantity at this point
Dust in Blackberry 8520 Screen

Hi all,

I recently signed up for a Blackberry 8520 from Virgin Mobile. I have had the phone for about six weeks now and other than having some initial connection issues (Virgin forgot to connect it to the Blackberry Intenet Service and also when I went abroad I discovered that roaming had not been switched on either) things are going pretty well.

I do however have one slight issue with the phone. The problem is that the screen is starting to fill up with dust which seems to be coming in through the top right hand corner of the screen. I know at least five other people who also have the same Blackberry (the 8520) from Virgin, one of them being my wife, and none of them have the same problem.

Does anyone else have the same problem with their Blackberry? Do you think that this is something that I could bring up with Virgin and maybe get a replacement phone? I feel a bit silly making a fuss because really it is only a cosmetic issue (the phone works fine), but when I look at the screen in bright light (or sunlight) it really does look naff and it is really irritating.

Regards,

Rob
200thhorseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-02-2010, 15:31   #2
hooker1uk
Inactive

Services: 100mb ftth trial all 3uk mobiles Commodore 64
hooker1uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Dust in Blackberry 8520 Screen

send it back. or buy a screen protector. it'll eventually block the contacts to the screen I/O and blankscreen. and as VM use the same centres as 3uk it will come back unrepaired and void of warranty.

my e71 had the same, and 3's centre declaired it as non warranty due to power button failure. when it arrived it had a note "cleaned dust from screen connectors - still in warranty" although they failed it.

so report it beforehand. if worst comes to worst take your phone and invoice to a carphone warehouse and get them to fix it for you. if you were london based i would get you to go to a specific shop as my sister in law works there, she gives VIP treatment lol
hooker1uk is offline   Reply With Quote