Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Should Virgin Start Supplying The iPad/iPhone?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Should Virgin Start Supplying The iPad/iPhone?
View Poll Results: Should Virgin start selling the iPhone/iPad?
Yes 40 66.67%
No 20 33.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2011, 20:42   #16
StuN
Inactive

StuN is on a distinguished roadStuN is on a distinguished road
Re: Should Virgin Start Supplying The iPad/iPhone?

Never going to happen.
The amount that Apple are asking for the iPhone, would take up Virgin's entire handset budget
StuN is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-09-2011, 22:53   #17
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
As I said above ask Apple.
Still not a monopoly.. Virgin Media is closer to being a monopoly than Apple.

Think about that. If you want Cable TV, or digital TV and can't have Freeview or anything satellite based, you pretty much have to go to Virgin. There are only a couple of competitors, and they aren't available in 99% of the areas covered by Virgin.

If you want a smartphone, the iPhone is not the only one. Even if you want an iPhone, as Matt says, you can get it from most of the major networks.

Don't get me wrong, I am not attacking Virgin. Just pointing out that Apple is actually pretty far from being a monopoly.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2011, 23:19   #18
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

Would rather they invested in the new Blackberry Range and keeping stock of top end Android phones... not a lover of Apple products myself so no loss to me if Virgin never stock them. I they do then I cant see it until the iPhone 5 though.

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2011, 07:26   #19
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesteev View Post
Would rather they invested in the new Blackberry Range and keeping stock of top end Android phones... not a lover of Apple products myself so no loss to me if Virgin never stock them. I they do then I cant see it until the iPhone 5 though.
you mean the crapberry. I am not a lover of the crapberry and would never have one. Give me a real smart phone like the android or iphone.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2011, 08:19   #20
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

I don't know why folk like blackberry, even the torch feels like my old motarola pda
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2011, 23:21   #21
andrew.shearman
Inactive

andrew.shearman is an unknown quantity at this point

I would love to see Virgin mobile selling the iphone and ipad I have a ipod touch and think apple are great so yes to Virgin selling the iphone/ipad

Andrew
andrew.shearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2011, 08:38   #22
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

I have a blackberry for work and have just joined virgin mobile to buy my first ever smart phone for personal use. I cannot now understand how blackberry sell any units!
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 15:52   #23
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

Blackberry sell units because their premium phone range is excellent. The Bold in particular is superb and coupled with a Playbook makes it a great companion. If you need it for work and rely on email then theres nothing like a Blackberry.

Its horses for courses though... a Blackberry does everything I need, has great battery life, amazing camera, tethers for free 3g on the move, has all the apps I need etc.

---------- Post added at 15:52 ---------- Previous post was at 15:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
you mean the crapberry. I am not a lover of the crapberry and would never have one. Give me a real smart phone like the android or iphone.
No i mean the Blackberry

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 16:46   #24
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesteev View Post
Blackberry sell units because their premium phone range is excellent. The Bold in particular is superb and coupled with a Playbook makes it a great companion. If you need it for work and rely on email then theres nothing like a Blackberry.

Its horses for courses though... a Blackberry does everything I need, has great battery life, amazing camera, tethers for free 3g on the move, has all the apps I need etc.

---------- Post added at 15:52 ---------- Previous post was at 15:51 ----------

No i mean the Blackberry
And i call them crapberry

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2011, 08:41   #25
StuN
Inactive

StuN is on a distinguished roadStuN is on a distinguished road

What people need to understand is, Virgin mobile are not a premium handset provider. They will only ever have one, maybe 2 top of the range handsets. Their focus & strategy is not aimed at that end of the market
StuN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2011, 15:18   #26
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array

I think Disney are blocking the Virgin Media / iPhone deal. Apparently not only do they have a monopoly on involving Virgins and Apples, but Apple take at least 6 months extra to produce a Snow White product with a decent sleep time.
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2011, 17:24   #27
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

I suspect that one was much funnier in your head / spoken out loud
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2011, 22:40   #28
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array

Pretty much.
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 00:17   #29
XxAmazingStarxX
Permanently Banned

XxAmazingStarxX is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes they would be selling the best phones then;-)
XxAmazingStarxX is offline   Reply With Quote