Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Plane Spotters Corner

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Plane Spotters Corner

Old 22-04-2011, 21:22   #436
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Re: Plane Spotters Corner

Yeah most of these were taken from the aviation park. (Free to get in if you dont park your car).

I was using my 70-300mm and it was just right.
When they are on the nearest taxi way to the aero park you have only a few moments before you cant fit the plane into the pic with 70mm.
However for when they are positioned on the runway and takeoff, or getting the shots as they come off the apron then the 70-300 is perfect.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2011, 16:56   #437
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Tu-154-B2 first flight after being stored for 10 years. Shortly after takeoff control system went nuts, and plane almost lost control. Pilots managed to land the bird in one piece.

Rumor is aileron feedback problem - system treated any aileron motion as external force, and attempted to "correct". Rudder was the only fully functional control.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e08_1304250443
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 19:27   #438
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

I saw these and thought of you lot.

We visited Almond Valley Heritage Park in Livingston yesterday. Turns out it is right beneath the point where aircraft approaching Edinburgh from the southwest make their final turn onto alignment with the runway and drop their gear. I caught this one in the very act:

EI-CVB is an Airbus A320-214 ... clearly currently flying for Aer Lingus.

Meanwhile, this pilot flying for Easyjet is playing it casual and hasn't dropped gear yet:

This is an Airbus A319-111.

Got a couple of other blurry ones but these are the best by far. Almond Valley is at EH54 7AR ... I guess those that know about these things would be able to work out the distance to the runway and presumably the altitude of the aircraft at the time these were taken. Enjoy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aerlingus.jpg (133.5 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg easy.jpg (134.5 KB, 121 views)
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2011, 19:40   #439
Halcyon
Hello !

Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Crazy person hijacks emergency vehicles in Cork city, then crashes through airport fences, and goes on a ride along the airport runway.

http://youtu.be/CSdrERR_pi8

Old 24-05-2011, 19:47   #440
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Crazy person hijacks emergency vehicles in Cork city, then crashes through airport fences, and goes on a ride along the airport runway.

http://youtu.be/CSdrERR_pi8
Qualifies for langer of the year that one!
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2011, 20:07   #441
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Surprising they didn't shoot him, or shoot out the tyres.
Old 24-05-2011, 20:46   #442
Halcyon
Hello !

Yeah imagine if it had been when the Queen was here last week.

Old 29-05-2011, 19:09   #443
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

yesterday at about 5pm saw the vulcan flying about what a beast and unfortunately my phone was playing silly
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2011, 20:46   #444
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocDutch View Post
yesterday at about 5pm saw the vulcan flying about what a beast and unfortunately my phone was playing silly
The company I work for did the restoration of the Landing Gear, I can only find these at the moment, when I get more friendly I'll do my best to see if there is anybody who has any pictures.
Old 30-05-2011, 00:02   #445
Halcyon
Hello !

Quote:
Yeah it flew to where it was rebuilt a few years ago, back to Bruntingsthorpe.
They had their Cold war jets open day today and Vulcan that had arrived Saturday did a fast taxi run.

Old 12-06-2011, 20:23   #446
Halcyon
Hello !

A quick few shots I managed to get whilst on holiday last week.
With forest fires common in the summer, it is good to have these around.
Here they were training.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tim-s-3.jpg (506.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg tim-s-4.jpg (566.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg tim-s-5.jpg (367.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg tim-s-7.jpg (305.9 KB, 9 views)

Old 17-06-2011, 22:03   #447
DocDutch
argh

DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

didnt manage to take a picture of it but saw a chinook do a loop at Sywell Aerodome earlier on whilst on the bus home...wish I took a pic of it as nobody would believe me
Old 17-06-2011, 22:22   #448
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
didnt manage to take a picture of it but saw a chinook do a loop at Sywell Aerodome earlier on whilst on the bus home...wish I took a pic of it as nobody would believe me
Probably similar to this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9WMSECnOmI
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2011, 23:27   #449
DocDutch
argh

yeps thats the move Masque... was like WTF didnt know that the Chinook could do it.
Old 18-06-2011, 07:18   #450
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
yeps thats the move Masque... was like WTF didnt know that the Chinook could do it.
It is not a full loop but as near as you can get but it still looks the part, that is the biggest helicopter that I have seen attempt it so they must have been instructors flying them.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote