Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Plane Spotters Corner

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Plane Spotters Corner

Old 13-04-2011, 00:13   #421
haydnwalker
Inactive

Services: TV:Sky+, BB:DRL VDSL2 40/10 with Ask4, Phone:Mobile Only
haydnwalker has reached the bronze age
haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age
Re: Plane Spotters Corner

Saw the Vulcan today (out in the open) that landed @ Robin Hood Airport last week ... Brings back memories of RAF Finningley's Final Airshow before it was closed down!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-12894041
haydnwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-04-2011, 00:21   #422
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydnwalker View Post
Saw the Vulcan today (out in the open) that landed @ Robin Hood Airport last week ... Brings back memories of RAF Finningley's Final Airshow before it was closed down!

Remember that show well...

Hopefully we'll get down to the next Farnborough.
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2011, 00:24   #423
haydnwalker
Inactive

haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbydaler View Post
Remember that show well...

Hopefully we'll get down to the next Farnborough.
I usually just do Waddington every other year (its getting expensive now), at the Final Finningley Show, we were camped on a Farmers Field at the end of the Runway, it was excellent (and VERY loud) I was about 13 at the time
Old 13-04-2011, 08:52   #424
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Finningley used to be great for shows, I went to a few(last one about early 90's) and have even done the FOD PLOD along the runway one year..

Is it me or do I remember a temp railway platform right next to the show?? It was not long after I left the RAF so went by train for the last one.

---------- Post added at 07:52 ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by G UK View Post
More wreckage from AF-447 has been found. Lets hope they can finally find the black boxes and put this to bed once and for all.
Now confirmed as the tail section and is reletively intact so probably a very good chance of finding the CVR/FDR

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13057612
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2011, 10:27   #425
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydnwalker View Post

I start a temporary job in May, and the company had helped in getting it airborne. So I will try and get some photos if possible.
Old 13-04-2011, 17:45   #426
haydnwalker
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I start a temporary job in May, and the company had helped in getting it airborne. So I will try and get some photos if possible.
Cool piccies would be welcome

Good luck in the job
Old 17-04-2011, 11:27   #427
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

A few videos I quickly took from East Midlands Airport:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rfJiVwrB_E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShsRz2Cibmc

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2011, 11:55   #428
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
A few videos I quickly took from East Midlands Airport:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rfJiVwrB_E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShsRz2Cibmc

I did these a few years ago at Manchester when i was trying out a new camera.

http://www.youtube.com/user/24393813?feature=mhum

http://www.youtube.com/user/24393813.../2/c_kV3z4t2BA

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2011, 13:53   #429
Halcyon
Hello !

Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Very nice Sirius.

Were these taken from the aviation park?

Old 17-04-2011, 14:08   #430
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Very nice Sirius.

Were these taken from the aviation park?
No

There is a unofficial area on the other side of runway 2.

Here you go look HERE

---------- Post added at 13:08 ---------- Previous post was at 13:02 ----------

Old 20-04-2011, 17:54   #431
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Brown pants time?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=511_1303302753
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 22:33   #432
haydnwalker
Inactive

Oh yes...I'm sure he was very smelly when he exited the cockpit! And I think there may have been some stern words from his CO as well
Old 22-04-2011, 20:46   #433
Halcyon
Hello !

Thought I'd share a few pics from my recent trip up to Manchester...

Old 22-04-2011, 21:09   #434
haydnwalker
Inactive

What kind of camera & lense did you use for those shots Halcyon? Do you think my 70-300mm would be enough?
Old 22-04-2011, 21:15   #435
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Thought I'd share a few pics from my recent trip up to Manchester...

Excellent