Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit (Old)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit (Old)
Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 11:58   #8311
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
EU plan to charge us 1 billion a month for each month (and impose punitive conditions) that Brexit is delayed:

https://en.news-front.info/2019/03/1...-brexit-delay/
You read strange websites to get to the truth

https://en.news-front.info/contact-us/

Address:

NewsFront, 57 Strelkovaya street, Crimea, Russia, 295034
Old 11-03-2019, 12:20   #8312
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
Sounds interesting. I have been trying to find the article without any luck (searched the Express web site for '2020' with no luck) Do you have a link at all?

At first I thought this might be related to the '2020 Lisbon Treaty' thing that has been posted many times on social media which includes things like the LSE moving to Frankfurt, losing control of our nuclear deterrent, losing control of our planning legislation etc. but that says joining the Euro will happen in 2022 so I guess it wasn't that. (Thoroughly debunked BTW here - https://twitter.com/StevePeers/statu...58784001654784 )

By the way, does anyone watch videos by CGP Grey on Youtube. Always great fun, he is a very good explainer. He's an Irish/American living in the UK and worked as a teacher. He has done one video on Brexit in the past but has added two new ones;

The EU's 'SECRET' Brexit Negotiation EXPOSED - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agZ0xISi40E

������ Brexit, Briefly: REVISITED! ������ - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1Yv24cM2os

Nicely distills down the negotiation positions of the UK and EU
That's because it's an opinion piece by Andrew Lilico (who writes in the BrexitCentral) in the Express, posted in 2014 (but then it was by 2020 every country had to be in the Euro), resurrected by the Express every couple of years (last time was in 2017) and that has been soundly debunked many times since...

Esther McVey used it last week, and got slammed for spreading lies.

https://www.theweek.co.uk/100115/est...ing-on-twitter
Quote:
The Tory Brexiteer approvingly quoted a speculative opinion piece in The Daily Telegraph in 2014 in which Brexit-supporting economist Andrew Lilico suggested all EU member countries would have to join the euro by 2020.

The article was debunked shortly after it was published, with critics pointing out that under the Maastricht Treaty of 1992, the UK and Denmark are relieved of the requirement to join the euro. Jean-Claude Juncker, president of the European Commission, reiterated this point in 2017, when he said: “I don't intend to force countries to join the euro if they are not willing or not able to do so.”
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 11-03-2019 at 12:24.
Old 11-03-2019, 12:26   #8313
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
You might not give a crap about it but plenty of people do. But screw everyone else eh? Can we also drop the cancerous word? It's a pretty strong word to use and can be upsetting to some people.
No we cannot - I will continue to use a word that best describes such an organisation, i.e the EU, because that is what it is. Don't also play the heart strings with me, it will not work - I too have lost family members to cancer.

---------- Post added at 12:26 ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
That's because it's an opinion piece by Andrew Lilico (who writes in the BrexitCentral) in the Express, posted in 2014 (but then it was by 2020 every country had to be in the Euro), resurrected by the Express every couple of years (last time was in 2017) and that has been soundly debunked many times since...

It is not lies - the cancerous and corrupted EU will enforce us to use the Euro, if we do not leave, I can tell you that now, it will be a condition on being allowed to stay, if Brexit is not delivered.
Old 11-03-2019, 12:27   #8314
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

If it's not true, and has been proven to be not true, it's a lie.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 11-03-2019, 12:31   #8315
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
No we cannot - I will continue to use a word that best describes such an organisation, i.e the EU, because that is what it is. Don't also play the heart strings with me, it will not work - I too have lost family members to cancer.

It is not lies - the cancerous and corrupted EU will enforce us to use the Euro, if we do not leave, I can tell you that now, it will be a condition on being allowed to stay, if Brexit is not delivered.
That's your choice it's your site, just thought I'd ask considering you're always laying down the laws on things you don't like. Pretty disappointing attitude to have though.

Last edited by Mythica; 11-03-2019 at 12:41.
Old 11-03-2019, 12:39   #8316
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
You read strange websites to get to the truth

https://en.news-front.info/contact-us/

Address:

NewsFront, 57 Strelkovaya street, Crimea, Russia, 295034
Daily Telegraph
Quote:
The EU is preparing to impose punitive conditions on Britain as its price for agreeing a Brexit delay if Theresa May is forced to ask for an extension this week.
Member states are “hardening” their attitudes towards a delay and will demand “legal and financial conditions” including a multi-billion pound increase to the £39bn divorce payment.
It's probable that the other article came as a result of the one in the Daily Telegraph.

The Independent from over a year ago.
Quote:
One EU official close to talks told The Independent the financial settlement would “of course” have to be renegotiated if the transition extended into the next budget period, while another added: “Britain will have to pay for any transition beyond 2020, probably annual payments with no rebate.”
IE £350m/week=£18.2bn/year.
Old 11-03-2019, 12:40   #8317
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

Ah, wondered if it was this! I see Esther McVey deleted the tweet saying this after multiple replies calling out the fact that it was nonsense. Even the shortest google search brings up Protocol 15 of the TFEU;

Quote:
1. Unless the United Kingdom notifies the Council that it intends to adopt the euro, it shall be under no obligation to do so.
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/eli/treaty/teu_2016/pro_15/oj
Old 11-03-2019, 12:41   #8318
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
If people have to resort to lies to make a case, they can't have the strongest of cases.
Old 11-03-2019, 12:44   #8319
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Like hell has it been proven.

FFS It will happen!!!

They said years ago, there wouldn't be an EU Army - guess what Hugh ??

There is going to be a EU Army and corrupted cretins in the EU are championing for a EU Army.

Who you trying to kid?!?!?!?
Old 11-03-2019, 12:45   #8320
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:

Didn't we also have an exemption from the Working Time Directive? The EU(ie Germany) forced it upon us by the backdoor by classing it as a health and safety issue.
Quote:
After the 1993 Council Negotiations, when the Directive was agreed to after an 11–1 vote, UK Employment Secretary David Hunt said "It is a flagrant abuse of Community rules. It has been brought forward as such simply to allow majority voting – a ploy to smuggle through part of the Social Chapter by the back door. The UK strongly opposes any attempt to tell people that they can no longer work the hours they want."
Old 11-03-2019, 13:08   #8321
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
If people have to resort to lies to make a case, they can't have the strongest of cases.
You also...

The EU Army was suppose to be a lie.

It's bloody happening!!!

Quote:
"This is a dangerous fantasy. The idea that there's going to be a European air force, a European army, it is simply not true."

Nick Clegg, 2 April 2014

"European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker has called for the creation of a European army"

BBC News, 9 March 2015

---------- Post added at 13:08 ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
That's your choice it's your site, just thought I'd ask considering you're always laying down the laws on things you don't like. Pretty disappointing attitude to have though.
No, I am not laying down the laws on things I don't like at all, utter nonsense. This looks like another of your cynical attempts to accuse me of some wrong doing, somewhere, when absolutely none exists, so pack it in.

There is nothing against the rules on describing something as "cancerous".

What you are demanding is censorship of something YOU don't like.
Old 11-03-2019, 13:12   #8322
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
You also...

The EU Army was suppose to be a lie.

It's bloody happening!!!

---------- Post added at 13:08 ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 ----------

No, I am not laying down the laws on things I don't like at all, utter nonsense. This looks like another of your cynical attempts to accuse me of some wrong doing, somewhere, when absolutely none exists, so pack it in.

There is nothing against the rules on describing something as "cancerous".

What you are demanding is censorship of something YOU don't like.
I don't remember seeing anything regarding discussion around betting, but it didn't stop you from asking it to be refrained from being talked about further back in this thread.

It certainly comes over that you are laying down the law on things you don't like, regardless of if you actually are or not.

The EU Army is happening is it?

To which the UK would of had a veto.

https://fullfact.org/europe/hunt-eu-army/

Now who's at it with the project fear ???
Old 11-03-2019, 13:13   #8323
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:

they already said we can stay on exact same terms as now only way they can force us to use euro is if we leave then rejoin in a few years time
Old 11-03-2019, 13:29   #8324
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Didn't we also have an exemption from the Working Time Directive? The EU(ie Germany) forced it upon us by the backdoor by classing it as a health and safety issue.
We do have an exemption - many people sign it as part of their contract of employment. I don't know where your link is from but this is a UK Government one.
https://www.gov.uk/maximum-weekly-working-hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
they already said we can stay on exact same terms as now only way they can force us to use euro is if we leave then rejoin in a few years time
Exactly.
There seems to be a concerted campaign to bring up all the misinformation we heard back in 2016 about the EU. There's not a key vote coming up in the Commons is there?

---------- Post added at 13:29 ---------- Previous post was at 13:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
I
Now who's at it with the project fear ???
Original Project Fear was always a leave initiative with talk of Euro, Turkey joining the EU etc.
Old 11-03-2019, 13:32   #8325
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
I don't remember seeing anything regarding discussion around betting, but it didn't stop you from asking it to be refrained from being talked about further back in this thread.

It certainly comes over that you are laying down the law on things you don't like, regardless of if you actually are or not.
Enough!!!

I will not put up with these pathetic accusations any longer. Thread moderation and team instructions are not and never have been open to negotiation. Nor will it be tolerated where unfounded accusations are levied.

It ends right now!

Brexit is the topic, nothing else!!!
Closed Thread