Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 02-08-2013, 10:18   #2896
Gunslinger
cf.addict

Services: VM XL, Tivo, BB, Prime, Now TV, Tennis TV
Gunslinger is on a distinguished roadGunslinger is on a distinguished road
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

If you are thinking of switching, read this:
http://www.theguardian.com/money/201...tball-coverage

My personal suspicion is that BT have greatly overestimated demand for, and value of, their product. Hence Virgin holding back on committing to paying silly money for it.

May be a lever to try a get some sort of deal from Retentions, though...
Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2013, 10:20   #2897
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Just tried this and only works on the viewing card i gave BT.
well think if VM to get it will work on all boxes
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:39   #2898
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
well think if VM to get it will work on all boxes
I dont think it will. Why would BT make it so you only get it n one TV/STB but then let VM put it on all boxes one customer owns? Maybe thats why there is a hold up
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:40   #2899
smallclone
cf.geek

Services: M tv Broadband 150Mb/s. Superhub 3 V6
smallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of light

I had to laugh at the flyer that came through my door this morning. From Virgin Media saying how great the sports content on VM is.
smallclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:45   #2900
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
I dont think it will. Why would BT make it so you only get it n one TV/STB but then let VM put it on all boxes one customer owns? Maybe thats why there is a hold up
because mate if we do it bt will wholesale to VM so then it up to VM what they do to it and bt got totally control on it on sky
Old 02-08-2013, 10:49   #2901
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallclone View Post
I had to laugh at the flyer that came through my door this morning. From Virgin Media saying how great the sports content on VM is.
Yes l received it as well and l did have a chuckle.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:50   #2902
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes l received it as well and l did have a chuckle.
I got that yesterday too
Old 02-08-2013, 12:12   #2903
Jimi
Permanently Banned

Services: VM
Jimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friends

Quote:
Maybe their next logo will be "Patience is a Virgin."
Jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 16:12   #2904
iTekweni
cf.addict

iTekweni can only hope to improve

I got a an A4 letter this morning from Virgin offering me everything from a mobile to their VIP package but as I am on the highest TV package at the minute do not want this but am wondering what VM are going to offer us because of the loss of ESPN..now the only decent sports channel is Sky although on screen VM state that eurosport is an alternative but to me the sport they show is rubbish so I will be waiting to see want comes of it and if nothing then I will be downgrading my TV package with them or might move to Sky just for their TV :-( very unhappy with VM at the minute
iTekweni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 16:19   #2905
smallclone
cf.geek

Services: M tv Broadband 150Mb/s. Superhub 3 V6
smallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTekweni View Post
am wondering what VM are going to offer us because of the loss of ESPN..now the only decent sports channel is Sky although on screen VM state that eurosport is an alternative but to me the sport they show is rubbish
Eurosport? Yay - beach soccer and ski jumping.

Quote:
so I will be waiting to see want comes of it and if nothing then I will be downgrading my TV package with them or might move to Sky just for their TV :-( very unhappy with VM at the minute
At the moment I'm just about happy. But I think anything else that makes me frustrated will be the last straw and I'll be off to sky, after being with Virgin / telewest for 14 years.
smallclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 20:08   #2906
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Sky Sports not available on BT YouView for football season start

Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 2 will not be available on BT's YouView platform for the start of the 2013/14 football season. Ofcom is currently investigating the wholesaling pricing of the channels in the dispute between Sky and BT, but refused to put into place interim measures to give BT access to the channels.

BT had appealed to the regulator in May, arguing that the price being charged by Sky was an abuse of its market dominance. Ofcom will make a decision on the matter later this year. "We expect this initial analysis to inform consideration of whether and how to proceed further with the investigation, during autumn/winter 2013," it said in a note.

Sky Sports 1 and 2 will continue to be available via TalkTalk's YouView boxes, and also for BT Vision customers. Sky won a previous Ofcom ruling last month when the regulator decided that Sky Sports did not have to carry adverts for BT Sport.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/...#ixzz2apv80ZJb
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 21:50   #2907
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Let me tell you a story (true, happened to someone close to me..me )

i woke up this morning, giidy with delight that i had ESPN and BT sport

I turned on tv...no BT sport, no ESPN. Unhappy bunny.

I went online, checked, and ticked boxes for free BT sports. Unfortunately, as it was after 1 Aug, they were going to charge me for HD (£3).

I (after palpitations, fear of humility on this forum) sent email at 5:30 am saying that not only was this bunny unhappy, I wanted it sorted by Monday regarding the charge, or i would cancel (i tend to use nuclear missiles strategy, then worry about fallout, like, having to pay for BT elsewhere)

I got an automated reply, and when i came home from work, a reply saying yada yada, if standard Q&A does not answer your questions, reply to this email. I did.

I got a phone call on my mobile (though can't remember giving it out) from a pleasant woman, who apologised for the hassle, and of course told me to not worry, it will be sorted. She will check on Monday, and make sure it is sorted.

Now, as much as you might criticize BT of old, that was good service.

I am now at defcon 5 (I am also hoping that is the lowest setting, or i might accidentally start a war)
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 00:10   #2908
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Eurosport? Yay - beach soccer and ski jumping.
Personally I find the range of sport on Eurosport very good. They cover all the cycling that matters as well plenty of football and during the winter all the winter sports.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:50   #2909
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
Let me tell you a story (true, happened to someone close to me..me )

i woke up this morning, giidy with delight that i had ESPN and BT sport

I turned on tv...no BT sport, no ESPN. Unhappy bunny.

I went online, checked, and ticked boxes for free BT sports. Unfortunately, as it was after 1 Aug, they were going to charge me for HD (£3).

I (after palpitations, fear of humility on this forum) sent email at 5:30 am saying that not only was this bunny unhappy, I wanted it sorted by Monday regarding the charge, or i would cancel (i tend to use nuclear missiles strategy, then worry about fallout, like, having to pay for BT elsewhere)

I got an automated reply, and when i came home from work, a reply saying yada yada, if standard Q&A does not answer your questions, reply to this email. I did.

I got a phone call on my mobile (though can't remember giving it out) from a pleasant woman, who apologised for the hassle, and of course told me to not worry, it will be sorted. She will check on Monday, and make sure it is sorted.

Now, as much as you might criticize BT of old, that was good service.

I am now at defcon 5 (I am also hoping that is the lowest setting, or i might accidentally start a war)
Good customer service means getting it right first time, IMO.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:10   #2910
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Good customer service means getting it right first time, IMO.
No, I disagree.

Best will in the world, things will happen. It might even be that it was partly my fault (though I will argue, and this is not an admission of any blame, ), as perhaps I should have done something (not obvious).

But i judge customer service at point of when i have an issue, and how quickly it gets resolved to my satisfaction.

There is no company that gets it right 100%. And i mean no company.

Believing that is like believing in santa, or that "coming soon" means soon
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote