Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Call from 0800 183 6411

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Call from 0800 183 6411

Old 27-04-2021, 20:26   #1
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Call from 0800 183 6411

Hi I've not long had a call from 0800 183 6411, saying I've been with VM for x years which is correct they got our monthly fee correct, and said I was being upgraded to 500meg for free, all they asked was the first line of my address and postcode.

and said I would get an email on an ntlworld account.

Now thinking about it they called my dads mobile (not VM)

I have yet to receive any upgrade, but going to the VM site (my link) and is says I've been upgraded to 200meg, even though I'm on 230meg.

The VM Community forum does say this is a VM number

What is the number to call VM in the morning to speack to a UK call centre?

Last edited by Hom3r; 27-04-2021 at 20:47.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-04-2021, 21:46   #2
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Call from 0800 183 6411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Hi I've not long had a call from 0800 183 6411, saying I've been with VM for x years which is correct they got our monthly fee correct, and said I was being upgraded to 500meg for free, all they asked was the first line of my address and postcode.

and said I would get an email on an ntlworld account.

Now thinking about it they called my dads mobile (not VM)

I have yet to receive any upgrade, but going to the VM site (my link) and is says I've been upgraded to 200meg, even though I'm on 230meg.

The VM Community forum does say this is a VM number

What is the number to call VM in the morning to speack to a UK call centre?

200mbit is correct, you always get more and there isn't a 230 package.

My Virginmedia says exactly the same as yours and I've been on 200mbit donkeys years. That phone number is legit.

Last edited by SnoopZ; 27-04-2021 at 21:52.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2021, 22:13   #3
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

but it said i was being upgraded to 500meg for free.

Will the SH3 handle that?

---------- Post added at 22:13 ---------- Previous post was at 22:11 ----------

They side within 10 mins upgraded to 500 meg?
Old 27-04-2021, 22:27   #4
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
but it said i was being upgraded to 500meg for free.

Will the SH3 handle that?

---------- Post added at 22:13 ---------- Previous post was at 22:11 ----------

They side within 10 mins upgraded to 500 meg?
The SH3 can handle 500, try rebooting the Hub.

This is the first time I've heard 200 to 500 as a free upgrade though.

If you can get 200 to 500 put in thread title we may find out more.
Old 28-04-2021, 08:57   #5
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

I phoned 150 but without the account password, they couldn't help, and would need to speak to the account holder (my dad who wouldn't know this either), I explained we have an LPA, and he then said call 0800 952 2302 (bereavement team).

The guy I explained to now like me believes this could be the first part of a phishing exercise, and I did mention the LPA, and he gave me an email address executiveteam@virginmedia.co.uk to send the LPA to, hen I will have an easier time talking about the account.

He has flagged the system about this, so I feel a lot better.

My biggest issue is, surly there must be a system in place that they can prove they are VM if they call without us providing proof, surely they should give us a "code" that we have set up?
Old 28-04-2021, 12:36   #6
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Just had another call from this number on my dads number, trying the same BS.

I told him that you phoned yesterday and said stop calling this number and hung up.
Old 28-04-2021, 13:33   #7
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Remember that scammers often spoof the calling number to make it seem genuine.

Recently variations on needing money sent to Post Office/DHL/Hermes etc to release a parcel and requesting your bank details for payment.
Old 28-04-2021, 19:34   #8
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

The super hub 3 can definately handle 500mb.

Im still using one of the remaining superhub 3s that were issued for testing purposes.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2021, 20:39   #9
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
The super hub 3 can definately handle 500mb.

Im still using one of the remaining superhub 3s that were issued for testing purposes.
I'm still using the white hub too, the only difference is the colour.