Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 11-04-2023, 20:48   #14611
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Went to the O2 Leeds last night to see The Damned - not my usual fare, but a friend had a couple of spare tickets, so thought "what the hell"…

The supporting act (The Nightingales) weren’t my cup of tea (post-punk thrash shouty alt-rock), but I enjoyed the first hour of The Damned set (stuff from the 80s, 90s, & 21st century), then it got a bit too punky for me for the last half hour (their mid-late 70s punk era), but all in all, it was a mostly enjoyable experience- never too old to try something different.

Captain Sensible was a bit cheeky at the end of the gig - he got one of the roadies to bring him a change of tops, and he put on a Crystal Palace football shirt to wave goodbye to the audience…
Sounds a good night out, quite a bit of Damned stuff in my various playlists, and have been a fan of The Nightingales since first hearing them on the Cherry Red records Pillows and Prayers compilation album in the early 80's (I was lucky enough to pick up a picture disc version which did cost more than the 99p they charged for the normal vinyl).
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2023, 20:51   #14612
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
Sounds a good night out, quite a bit of Damned stuff in my various playlists, and have been a fan of The Nightingales since first hearing them on the Cherry Red records Pillows and Prayers compilation album in the early 80's (I was lucky enough to pick up a picture disc version which did cost more than the 99p they charged for the normal vinyl).
It was fun, and a bit different - it’s important (imho) as one gets older not to get stuck in a rut, and try new things (saying that, we went to Fuji Hiro in the Merrion Centre for gyoza and noodles before the gig - we’ve been going there since it opened in 1997…).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 22:33   #14613
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
It was fun, and a bit different - it’s important (imho) as one gets older not to get stuck in a rut, and try new things (saying that, we went to Fuji Hiro in the Merrion Centre for gyoza and noodles before the gig - we’ve been going there since it opened in 1997…).
Never been. We go next door to My Thai, well worth a visit.
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 13:51   #14614
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Got my watch finally mended this morning which my parents gave me for my 50th Birthday.
Old 28-04-2023, 00:02   #14615
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Just been (with SWMBO) to the Leeds Grand Theatre to see Pride & Prejudice* (*sort of)

Very funny, good songs, and a very talented - would recommend it anyone who wants/needs cheering up, or just fancies a good night out; the cast got a standing ovation at the end that went on for a couple of minutes.

Last edited by Hugh; 28-04-2023 at 01:52.
Old 10-05-2023, 09:20   #14616
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

My nieces girlfriend had her passout parade for Heartfordshire police, she finished top of her class.

Now she's based in a station near her home and I guess the real fun starts when she does the on job training, the instructor recommended that female recruits get taser trained, which she will.

Last edited by Hom3r; 10-05-2023 at 09:28.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2023, 09:25   #14617
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Just had a text message off the DWP saying I have been award PIP. They have not said what they awarded me yet so still may need to appeal if it is only lowest Mobility but at least it shows they are willing to help me and it only took 2 weeks
Old 23-05-2023, 11:24   #14618
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
Just had a text message off the DWP saying I have been award PIP. They have not said what they awarded me yet so still may need to appeal if it is only lowest Mobility but at least it shows they are willing to help me and it only took 2 weeks
Good news. Hopefully you will get a higher award but at least you have had a quick ruling. <<hugs>>
Old 24-05-2023, 12:34   #14619
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
My nieces girlfriend had her passout parade for Hertfordshire police, she finished top of her class.

Now she's based in a station near her home and I guess the real fun starts when she does the on job training, the instructor recommended that female recruits get taser trained, which she will.
On Wednesday 17th May she did her first shift, she was ask by her instructor is their any thing she is nervous about, she replied "Sudden death", and 30 minutes later her first job was a sudden death, so I guess that all new recruits get their fears done ASAP.

This week she should be using the handcuffs in anger as they carry out arrest warrants.
Old 24-05-2023, 12:47   #14620
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
On Wednesday 17th May she did her first shift, she was ask by her instructor is their any thing she is nervous about, she replied "Sudden death", and 30 minutes later her first job was a sudden death, so I guess that all new recruits get their fears done ASAP.

This week she should be using the handcuffs in anger as they carry out arrest warrants.

Certainly hope she isn't gonna be one of "them" coppers
Old 24-05-2023, 13:12   #14621
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Quote:
Certainly hope she isn't gonna be one of "them" coppers

By anger i mean for the first time, and she won't be one of "them", she is a kind young woman, who is involved with my niece
Old 24-05-2023, 13:28   #14622
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
By anger i mean for the first time, and she won't be one of "them", she is a kind young woman, who is involved with my niece
Glad to read it
Old 24-05-2023, 16:38   #14623
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Had a Text message saying I had to call DWP about my ESA claim so bricked it. It was actually saying I may be eligible for Severe disability allowance an extra £76 a week. He also told me my PIP award was Standard Rate Daily Living High Rate mobility
Old 24-05-2023, 17:03   #14624
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Had a Text message saying I had to call DWP about my ESA claim so bricked it. It was actually saying I may be eligible for Severe disability allowance an extra £76 a week. He also told me my PIP award was Standard Rate Daily Living High Rate mobility
pleased for you - hope you get the extra.
Old 01-06-2023, 17:34   #14625
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

We are going up to visit our parents in Gosport for a week starting this Sunday.