Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]
View Poll Results: Will you be opting out of the Virgin Ad Deal?
Yes, Definitely. 958 95.51%
No, I am quite happy to share my surfing habits with anyone. 45 4.49%
Voters: 1003. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 22:01   #7801
NTLVictim
Inactive

Services: Finding people (retired)
NTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these parts
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

How many shares do you need to get into the AGM/ask awkward questions, and how much are they?
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2008, 22:25   #7802
Wildie
Inactive

Wildie will become famous soon enoughWildie will become famous soon enoughWildie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTLVictim View Post
How many shares do you need to get into the AGM/ask awkward questions, and how much are they?
I believe it`s 1
Old 01-06-2008, 23:35   #7803
Portly_Giraffe
Inactive

Portly_Giraffe is a jewel in the roughPortly_Giraffe is a jewel in the roughPortly_Giraffe is a jewel in the roughPortly_Giraffe is a jewel in the roughPortly_Giraffe is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTLVictim View Post

Closed at £2.22 each on Friday.
http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=bt&m=L&d=

---------- Post added at 23:35 ---------- Previous post was at 22:34 ----------

Here's my eight pennyworth for the ICO, submitted via their feedback form this evening.

Quote:
Following the ICO decision not to pursue the issue of the BT Phorm trials in 2006 and 2007, I have eight questions:

1. Did you see and review the legal advice BT received before the Phorm trials in 2006 and 2007? Which counsel provided it?

2. Why do you accept BT's assurances that no personally identifiable information was processed, stored or disclosed during either trial when the whole point of Phorm/ Webwise is to do just that?

3. The data in the BT trials was processed at sysip.net, a domain operated outside the BT network by 121media, whose products were categorised as malware by reputable anti-virus companies. On what basis do you think privacy was not at risk?

4. You say you do not propose to pursue this issue further with BT because they were unable to provide clear advice to their customers and the trial was technical in nature. Does that mean that any ISP, telecoms provider or postal service will be allowed to carry out a similar scheme if its operation is equally opaque?

5. You say you do not propose to pursue this issue further with BT because the 2007 trial was small scale. Did BT tell you the exact number of users affected? How big does the level of interception have to be before you will take action?

6. Did you review the process used by BT to handle complaints about Phorm trials in 2006 and 2007 at the time they were taking place?

7. While BT claimed they could not contact one of the complainants, the complainant says that BT logged support, abuse, and customer service records in his name and was always available to be contacted. Who do you believe?

8. Why are you recommending that losses incurred by users of BT services be recovered through civil court processes when the criminal law has so clearly been broken?
I should have the revised version of inphormationdesk live tomorrow evening.
Old 01-06-2008, 23:39   #7804
icsys
Inactive

Services: Virgin - BB,TV,Phone Sky box - with no sub Freeview - idtv
icsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really nice

Hmm...
thought I might ask some awkward questions of my own but the ICO website seems to be misbehaving...

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.
Old 01-06-2008, 23:58   #7805
warescouse
cf.addict

warescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by icsys View Post
Hmm...
thought I might ask some awkward questions of my own but the ICO website seems to be misbehaving...

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.
Perhaps the Phorm/Webwise servers are down there also (Who knows what side they are on?)
Old 02-06-2008, 00:18   #7806
Paul Delaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by icsys View Post
Hmm...

Runtime Error
Ok, who hacked it?

Old 02-06-2008, 01:06   #7807
BadPhormula
cf.addict

BadPhormula will become famous soon enoughBadPhormula will become famous soon enoughBadPhormula will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial View Post
I recommend everyone part of the campaign watches:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...16293369601334

Truely scary!!! I watched 2hrs worth of George Orwells worst predictions presented by Steven Rambam a private investigator that uses these Orwellian databases to track and profile people.

Will people wake up and pay attention to this nightmare? No they won't not until it's too late, then they will have to resign themselves to virtual slavery. If you think it's OTT now for someone to get a criminal record and have his DNA extracted for leaving his dustbin open a few inches (nowadays) just wait and see what is going to pass for normal in another 10yrs time.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:29   #7808
roadrunner69
cf.member

roadrunner69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadPhormula View Post
Truely scary!!! I watched 2hrs worth of George Orwells worst predictions presented by Steven Rambam a private investigator that uses these Orwellian databases to track and profile people.

Will people wake up and pay attention to this nightmare? No they won't not until it's too late, then they will have to resign themselves to virtual slavery. If you think it's OTT now for someone to get a criminal record and have his DNA extracted for leaving his dustbin open a few inches (nowadays) just wait and see what is going to pass for normal in another 10yrs time.
I just watched the 1st hour. I feel you are dead right about the apathy of people leading to their virtual slavery. The apathetic response of many people both on and offline to the dpi for profit issue has made me dispair at times.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:27   #7809
tdadyslexia
Inactive

Services: Cable Modem 60MB 2 TiVo Box's one, 1TB the other 500GB Plus Phone from NTL
tdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial View Post
I recommend everyone part of the campaign watches:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...16293369601334
That is truely scary.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:48   #7810
Wildie
Inactive

Wildie will become famous soon enoughWildie will become famous soon enoughWildie will become famous soon enough

you know what they keep on saying if you got nothing to hide why worry about it all, who every came up with that spin needs to wake up cos now its spread about and taken as the norm it`s already to late.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:53   #7811
Tarquin L-Smythe
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband BT Vision Sky
Tarquin L-Smythe has a spectacular aura about themTarquin L-Smythe has a spectacular aura about themTarquin L-Smythe has a spectacular aura about themTarquin L-Smythe has a spectacular aura about them

Don't know for certain if I can make the AGM but have secured two proxy votes from mum and partner how will the inside demonstration take form nice to let the shareholders know that we mean business and the voice should also be heard inside the AGM ,perhaps they will employ the mods as bouncers they are best at stopping anti BT comments and criticism.Whats the chances of being thrown off the forum and out of the AGM in the same season. ROFLOL
TGLS
Old 02-06-2008, 08:56   #7812
mcmanic
cf.addict

mcmanic has a spectacular aura about themmcmanic has a spectacular aura about themmcmanic has a spectacular aura about themmcmanic has a spectacular aura about them

Just come across this, i find this far worse

http://stopvirgin.movielol.org/

Just looked at that video.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:29   #7813
Deko
Permanently Banned

Deko is an unknown quantity at this point

I am all for girls with nice cleavage helping us out, where can we get one ??

Am I missing somthing.....
Old 02-06-2008, 09:53   #7814
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal

How could I miss this the second highlight of the week adn I was in Wales on a peace battery recharge session...

http://service-update.theplanet.com/

See BT shares have been going down since the storm over phorm.
http://miranda.hemscott.com/ir/bt/ts...t-6M-T-T-F.png
Old 02-06-2008, 10:39   #7815
Dephormation
Inactive

Services: Aquiss.net and loving it. No more Virgin Media, no more Virgin Phone, no more Virgin Mobile.
Dephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to all

Closed Thread