Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]
View Poll Results: Will you be opting out of the Virgin Ad Deal?
Yes, Definitely. 958 95.51%
No, I am quite happy to share my surfing habits with anyone. 45 4.49%
Voters: 1003. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 30-05-2008, 16:39   #7606
serial
Inactive

serial is on a distinguished roadserial is on a distinguished road
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Alex, best if you can put up some content on:
http://nodpi.org/

Or a plain "poster" page of details.
Advertisement
Old 30-05-2008, 16:46   #7607
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial View Post
Alex, best if you can put up some content on:
http://nodpi.org/

Or a plain "poster" page of details.
I will do this evening, I have just been finishing off my last piece of Uni work and will be handing it in shortly. Then after a relaxing meal with my family I will get on with sorting out the web site.

Alexander Hanff
Old 30-05-2008, 16:53   #7608
tdadyslexia
Inactive

Services: Cable Modem 60MB 2 TiVo Box's one, 1TB the other 500GB Plus Phone from NTL
tdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Emailing police

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHanff View Post
Don't worry about this, I will soon have some evidence that the police will not be able to contest (by soon I mean next week). I can't give too many details at the moment, but rest assured, it is the golden egg.

Alexander Hanff
Kant wate to see watt you have instore for the police next week. Come on Alexander give us a Hint.

---------- Post added at 15:53 ---------- Previous post was at 15:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTLVictim View Post
On the subject of police inaction, would this work?

If a draught letter could be created that quote the relevant laws etc., then all people would have to do would be to put their own name and address on the top, hand it in at their local station, and get a crime number.

The more people who do that, the more unsolved crime numbers get added to the system..

They want to play by quotas? Let's use their own game against them.
That Sounds Brilliant Lets Do It!
Old 30-05-2008, 17:06   #7609
jelv
Inactive

jelv is an unknown quantity at this point

When is/was Phorm's AGM?
Old 30-05-2008, 17:27   #7610
Rchivist
Inactive

Rchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelv View Post
When is/was Phorm's AGM?
The shares ARE very cheap at the moment
Old 30-05-2008, 17:32   #7611
jca111
Inactive

jca111 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Jones View Post
The shares ARE very cheap at the moment
We could all by 1 share each - and then go to the AGM - got to be worth losing £11 over?
Old 30-05-2008, 17:51   #7612
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one

I am contemplating inviting Kent to the protest as a guest speaker, what do you lot think?

Alexander Hanff
Old 30-05-2008, 18:02   #7613
BadPhormula
cf.addict

BadPhormula will become famous soon enoughBadPhormula will become famous soon enoughBadPhormula will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I am contemplating inviting Kent to the protest as a guest speaker, what do you lot think?

Alexander Hanff
Great idea.

Okay soldiers, for those of you that think a full bucket of custard would be too conspicuous for concealing about your person consider smaller projectiles such as eggs and tomatoes (bag of flour too if you're planning on a cake mix). Let Alex give the secret signal while he gets out of the way then WHAM!

...Ok back to Alex

Yes Alex we'd love to have him along.
Old 30-05-2008, 18:03   #7614
mark777
Inactive

Services: 0.4 Mbps BB + Phone
mark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Alexander Hanff
I don't think for one minute he would come. However, if he did, as an invited speaker we would need to let him have his say. If we didn't, we would look bad.

He could just give his spiel and walk away. We wouldn't gain much from that. Someone might be temped to lob an egg or something, and we wouldn't gain from that either.

I don't think there is much to gain by his attendance.

It's him who wants to 'engage' with us. We don't want to engage with him.

(Maybe as Nelson would have it, "Engage with the enemy more closely" but only to sink them!)
Old 30-05-2008, 18:03   #7615
tdadyslexia
Inactive

Services: Cable Modem 60MB 2 TiVo Box's one, 1TB the other 500GB Plus Phone from NTL
tdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Alexander Hanff
No, No, No, No, Don't Do It! Alexander
Old 30-05-2008, 18:04   #7616
vicz
Inactive

vicz is on a distinguished roadvicz is on a distinguished road

Better still, ask him to sponsor the event...
Old 30-05-2008, 18:05   #7617
Rchivist
Inactive

Rchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of Quads

Quote:

Alexander Hanff
Make sure he gets plenty of time to speak, and that someone trustworthy is video-ing it, recording it on audio, and taking it down in shorthand. There should be plenty to work on if he speaks for 15 minutes.
Old 30-05-2008, 18:33   #7618
bluecar1
Inactive

Services: No DPI Kit snooping on USERS
bluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:

Alexander Hanff
i think you should invite the BT retail chairman to explain his stance and ask why BT think this spy system is a good idea

peter
Old 30-05-2008, 18:42   #7619
JackSon
Inactive

Services: Freeview, BT Ultrafast Fibre 2
JackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to behold

Perhaps worth extending an invite to the counterparts at both VM and CPW as well
Old 30-05-2008, 18:50   #7620
icsys
Inactive

Services: Virgin - BB,TV,Phone Sky box - with no sub Freeview - idtv
icsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecar1 View Post
i think you should invite the BT retail chairman to explain his stance and ask why BT think this spy system is a good idea

peter
That actually is a good idea. Invite all the top execs.
If they decline the offer, any press there will surely raise questions as to why they don't want the opportunity.
Closed Thread