Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 23-02-2015, 20:38   #1351
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I think that was posted on another forum that I use. Isn't Sky Go more expensive than Now TV for non Sky subscribers?
Yeah i posted it on dspy in the firetv thread.
It can be but it depends what you want if you want movies sport and entertainment it's £40p/m which works out cheaper than nowtv. Also you get more entertainment channels such as nat geo, history, watch etc.
The ent pack is £15p/m.
Advertisement
Old 24-02-2015, 22:53   #1352
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

ESPN on Roku [US]

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2015/02/wat..._reader=feedly
Old 24-02-2015, 22:58   #1353
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassiekev View Post
Been on roku for ages, unless you mean the newley launched espn cricket?
Old 25-02-2015, 09:45   #1354
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Been on roku for ages, unless you mean the newley launched espn cricket?
No idea, if you read the article dated the 24th, it talks about ESPN Watch and some Disney channels being added to Roku with immediate effect. I presumed, obviously incorrectly, that this was news.

Perhaps, in future, I should check with you before posting.
Old 25-02-2015, 12:02   #1355
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassiekev View Post
No idea, if you read the article dated the 24th, it talks about ESPN Watch and some Disney channels being added to Roku with immediate effect. I presumed, obviously incorrectly, that this was news.

Perhaps, in future, I should check with you before posting.
No need for the attitude is there? I was merely pointing out it'd been on roku for ages as has Disney, maybe you should check your attitude and source in future before posting.
Old 26-02-2015, 11:24   #1356
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Outlander to be added to Amazon Instant Video

The first 8 episodes will be available from March 26 then new episodes weekly from April 5th.

Trailer
Old 26-02-2015, 11:35   #1357
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post

The first 8 episodes will be available from March 26 then new episodes weekly from April 5th.

Trailer
It's a very good show.
Old 26-02-2015, 11:40   #1358
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:

Trailer
Looks good; I can see the first eight episodes potentially ending up as a binge watch... and in 5.1 now that I have the Fire TV
Old 26-02-2015, 12:11   #1359
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Looks good; I can see the first eight episodes potentially ending up as a binge watch... and in 5.1 now that I have the Fire TV

I hate those false Scottish accents.......
Old 26-02-2015, 17:20   #1360
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

https://uk.cinemanow.com

You can currently get a free £5 streaming movie voucher with the above service by ordering something from www.hungryhouse.co.uk. The order must be over £15 and the offer expires 1 March 2015.

Has anybody heard of Cinema Now (I hadn't until today )?
Old 26-02-2015, 17:48   #1361
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Never heard of them Richard.
Old 26-02-2015, 18:01   #1362
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
https://uk.cinemanow.com

You can currently get a free £5 streaming movie voucher with the above service by ordering something from www.hungryhouse.co.uk. The order must be over £15 and the offer expires 1 March 2015.

Has anybody heard of Cinema Now (I hadn't until today )?
They've been in the USA for years quite good i've used the service on my ps3 a few times the quality is HD and buffer free too.
Old 26-02-2015, 18:58   #1363
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
They've been in the USA for years quite good i've used the service on my ps3 a few times the quality is HD and buffer free too.
CinemaNow is just a rebrand of KnowHow movies a service which was launched by the Dixon's retail group. I believe CinemaNow will also offer support for Ultraviolet.
Old 27-02-2015, 12:57   #1364
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
CinemaNow is just a rebrand of KnowHow movies a service which was launched by the Dixon's retail group. I believe CinemaNow will also offer support for Ultraviolet.
Yes, the retreat of UK retailers from online movies. In the same way that Tesco sold Blinkbox Movies to TalkTalk, Dixons Carphone sold KnowHow Movies to Cinema Now of the US in November 2014. Not sure how much - if anything - Dixons got for it.
Old 01-03-2015, 13:15   #1365
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

TiVo have bought some of the assets of Aereo; not sure if this will be of benefit to UK TiVo users:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/tivo-oth...ion-1424992904

---------- Post added at 13:15 ---------- Previous post was at 13:13 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Yes, the retreat of UK retailers from online movies. In the same way that Tesco sold Blinkbox Movies to TalkTalk, Dixons Carphone sold KnowHow Movies to Cinema Now of the US in November 2014. Not sure how much - if anything - Dixons got for it.
For some reason it does look like streaming services from the UK aren't successful. Anybody have any ideas why?
Closed Thread