Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 17-01-2017, 21:01   #3211
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Since i started streaming on Kodi i cant see myself downloading that kind of stuff again as Kodi is awesome, i may as well ditch Netflix too.
Use real debrid with kodi/exodus best £3p/m you'll spend seriously.
Advertisement
Old 18-01-2017, 00:16   #3212
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

That seems to suggest its only peer to peer sites that are affected....
Old 26-01-2017, 16:56   #3213
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Now TV (and Sky) customers set to lose Discovery channels (including Eurosport) from 1/2/17:

http://keepdiscovery.co.uk
Old 27-01-2017, 21:14   #3214
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

TV Player confirmed to me on Twitter that they will be launching a Smart TV app very soon. They wouldn't be drawn on what Smart TV's would carry the app. I'm hoping LG is covered. Would give me access to Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Now TV and TV Player. Now that Boxnation is available on Freeview via connected TV's that's pretty much everything I would want without the need of a conventional TV subscription.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:23   #3215
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Facebook moving in on TV

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/1401...ium-tv-content
Old 06-02-2017, 14:05   #3216
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Amazon Prime Video UK Acquires NBC’s ‘Taken’ Prequel Series.

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2017/02/amaz...requel-series/
Old 07-02-2017, 00:15   #3217
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Amazon Prime Video UK Acquires NBC’s ‘Taken’ Prequel Series.

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2017/02/amaz...requel-series/
I got excited then, thought it was the Steven Spielberg one
Old 11-02-2017, 00:56   #3218
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

TV Player plus launch annual subscription for £59.99

http://tvplayer.com/plus

I'm a big fan of this type of thing. Forward buying you a years worth of entertainment. You can also do it with Amazon Instant Video, Netflix and Now TV. If you catch all 4 of them at the right time you can get your annual entertainment covered for around £230.00. Pretty expensive as a 1 of purchase I know but my cogs are turning. At Christmas I always end up with vouchers and cash from family and friends. Seriously would consider binning SKY and opting to put vouchers and cash towards purchasing annual passes / 12 months worth of passes for the 4 services. Just need to get them all onto a Smart TV or streaming device together.
Old 16-02-2017, 15:46   #3219
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

TViso has finally launched in the UK. https://uk.tviso.com/
Old 17-02-2017, 14:08   #3220
mike_gain
Inactive

mike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
TViso has finally launched in the UK. https://uk.tviso.com/
Doesn't seem to cover Amazon or NowTV so of little interest to me at the moment.
Old 17-02-2017, 17:33   #3221
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I'm a big fan of this type of thing. Forward buying you a years worth of entertainment. You can also do it with Amazon Instant Video, Netflix and Now TV. If you catch all 4 of them at the right time you can get your annual entertainment covered for around £230.00. Pretty expensive as a 1 of purchase I know but my cogs are turning. At Christmas I always end up with vouchers and cash from family and friends. Seriously would consider binning SKY and opting to put vouchers and cash towards purchasing annual passes / 12 months worth of passes for the 4 services. Just need to get them all onto a Smart TV or streaming device together.
I'm a fan of this too, by waiting for special offers I got 12 months of the entertainment channels on Now TV for £37 and 8 months of the movie channels for £38, as well as 9 Sky Sports day passes for £23 (a combination of 3 free passes with packs of Carling and 6 from a seller on Amazon),
I also had 3 months of subbing to Sky Sports on Now TV for £60 by taking up their special offers to me which was a lot cheaper than getting the channels in HD via VM.
On the subject of sports subs it cost me £20 for a 12 month sub to Eurosport.

I pay an annual sub for Amazon Prime anyway so the video service is a bonus to me although I do use it quite a lot now.
I can't say I've seen any deals for Netflix but haven't really looked as I didn't think they really existed and its cheap enough anyway.

All told I think its something like £330 I've paid out for online subs including the £70 a year I pay Netflix which may sound expensive but is less than 5 months TV subs I was paying to VM to get the channels I wanted and that didn't include Netflix or Amazon anyway, when I cancelled my TV with them and just kept 200 meg BB and basic phone my bill went down by over £70 a month!

Technically speaking there is a device that would play all these services and more, that being a Windows PC which can be picked up pretty cheaply if you look around, although I prefer separate devices to get the best out of every service I pay for.
Old 17-02-2017, 22:03   #3222
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Anyone know where I can watch the Walking Dead? Everyone at work is raving about it so want to catchup with it.
Old 17-02-2017, 22:20   #3223
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Anyone know where I can watch the Walking Dead? Everyone at work is raving about it so want to catchup with it.
Amazon Video, Now TV or ITunes.
Old 17-02-2017, 23:25   #3224
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

On Kodi.
Old 17-02-2017, 23:28   #3225
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
google play, nowtv , itunes, amazon, skygo
Closed Thread