Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 20-07-2018, 18:21   #1456
spankysmagicpian
cf.geek

Services: Ultimate Oomph although there is nothing ultimate or oomph about it.
spankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these parts
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

This must have been going on for a while, Virgin can't just pull additional channels out of their backside at will.

Seems none of the infamous 'insiders' knew about this.

---------- Post added at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was at 18:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
How long before OB tells us Sky Atlantic is coming to replace these.

You never know he may be right on his 15th attempt.
Mr Muppet :

I presume you still have Sky?
Do Sky have boxsets from UKTV or just catch up?
Advertisement
Old 20-07-2018, 18:39   #1457
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankysmagicpian View Post
This must have been going on for a while, Virgin can't just pull additional channels out of their backside at will.

Seems none of the infamous 'insiders' knew about this.
l suspect they have been planning for this scenario for quite a few months..
Old 20-07-2018, 19:23   #1458
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Well if you know anybody on sky then sky go solves the problem only thing no reminders or recording but still can watch it

Last edited by Ddonald2016; 20-07-2018 at 19:27.
Old 20-07-2018, 19:41   #1459
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

With the addition of this latest batch of channels there are actually very few TV channels that VM doesn't have, except for all of UKTV's channels... finally the likes of HISTORY HD, C+I HD, YourTV, Vice and FreeSports will be added. It would be Disney Channel HD and MTV Classic, and if the exclusively ends Sky Atlantic and AMC, nothing else for me.
Old 20-07-2018, 20:23   #1460
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Yes, it's kind of ironic, isn't it Sonic Master? Almost true channel parity with Sky, just as the traditional method of watching tv is starting to fade as the streamers get more powerful.

Last edited by Horizon; 20-07-2018 at 20:28.
Old 20-07-2018, 20:42   #1461
djs9750
cf.member

djs9750 is an unknown quantity at this point

So will the access to Sky Box Sets be a full access as I am sure the Box Sets include sets from Virgin Atlantic or will this be a reduced access?
Old 20-07-2018, 20:51   #1462
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs9750 View Post
So will the access to Sky Box Sets be a full access as I am sure the Box Sets include sets from Virgin Atlantic or will this be a reduced access?
What you mean
Old 20-07-2018, 20:56   #1463
djs9750
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
What you mean
Sorry - It says we are going to have access to Sky Box Sets and that at the moment I think includes programmes which are on Sky Atlantic, which we do not have access to. I was wondering if this new announcement means we would be able to watch Box Sets like Boardwalk Empire and Billions etc?
Old 20-07-2018, 21:13   #1464
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs9750 View Post
Sorry - It says we are going to have access to Sky Box Sets and that at the moment I think includes programmes which are on Sky Atlantic, which we do not have access to. I was wondering if this new announcement means we would be able to watch Box Sets like Boardwalk Empire and Billions etc?
Very unlikely because sky Atlantic and all it’s on demand content in not allowed on virgin media
Old 20-07-2018, 21:22   #1465
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

There is no mention of any Sky Atlantic programming in VM''s announcement, so I'd say the answer is no, you won't be able to access their shows on demand.

As long as there is a Game of Thrones series knocking around, Sky will want to keep that exclusive for themselves.
Old 20-07-2018, 21:41   #1466
djs9750
cf.member

That's what I thought although the announcement could have been clearer I suppose.
Old 21-07-2018, 00:59   #1467
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

All dave Gorman collection on UKTV box sets on sky but nothing on virgin, I can see why they don’t pay

Last edited by Ddonald2016; 21-07-2018 at 01:17.
Old 21-07-2018, 02:37   #1468
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

All the new channels are now on-air, in addition to the UKTV channels that are still broadcasting, so capacity for them all isn't an issue.
Old 21-07-2018, 03:15   #1469
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

It's been calculated that they have enough space for only four more HD channels, more if in SD.

The capacity looks to have been taken from the space reserved for UHD channels.

The UKTV channels now have an advert playing in the breaks advising viewers of the impending removal and asking Virgin Media customers to call Virgin Media to complain.

I noticed yesterday that, whenever UKTV were playing this advert (to all their customers, not just VM subscribers), a pop up was overlaid onto the bottom of the screen with a message from VM!

I'm not sure how they did this, but it doesn't show up on recordings or when you rewind to delay TV. This is the first time i've ever seen them do this, you'd think that broadcasters would have something to say about VM interfering with the output of their channels. I guess somebody must be manually doing this as VM won't be privvy to when UKTV will be showing these ads.

I wonder what the new test services are for? From what people have said (bar the UKTV channels, timeshift and platform exclusive channels), the salient channels that we don't have are now only Disney HD, MTV Classics and CNN HD. Are there any more? If not, the only channel we are missing completely that VM have access to is MTV Classics.

One good thing could be that, if they do manage to come to an agreement or the channels return after a short time, it has forced VM to carry most of the missing channels and a few more too.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 21-07-2018 at 03:52.
Old 21-07-2018, 05:02   #1470
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Premier HD is now on the epg along with Freesports