Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 16:58   #1156
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
... that story is interesting and may signal how things go here with each platform only carrying its own channels and services. It will likely go that way in America too, once all the mega media mergers are done.
Completely agree , I’m not sure how Virgin will end up but I can see Now TV and Sky merging somewhere in the middle.

At renewal broadcasters can expect difficult negotiations with Sky in my opinion , let’s be honest many of the pay channels don’t pull many viewers in.

I can see Virgin being equally as selective at reneweal time.
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2018, 17:53   #1157
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

I've often wondered just how many people subscribe to sky and virgin simply to get sky sports and or BT sports? I know you can get sky sports through Now TV but not good value I don't think. I for one would love to just subscribe to sky sports and BT sports at the price I pay now but alas I guess that will never happen,or will it?
Old 02-07-2018, 18:04   #1158
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

I'm one of those ppl who subscribe to Virgin just to get Sky sports and BT sport for the football.
Old 02-07-2018, 18:30   #1159
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Completely agree , I’m not sure how Virgin will end up but I can see Now TV and Sky merging somewhere in the middle.

At renewal broadcasters can expect difficult negotiations with Sky in my opinion , let’s be honest many of the pay channels don’t pull many viewers in.

I can see Virgin being equally as selective at reneweal time.
Merging?

NowTV is owned by Sky and always has been. Or do you mean a merging of the brands?
Old 02-07-2018, 18:34   #1160
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmx View Post
Paramount Network will be on 220 so that's one that is actually "coming soon" https://www-prelive.channel5.com/paramountnetwork/
Welcome to Cable Forum gmx - good find.

If Paramount Network is set to launch on Channel 220 (Not even testing as far as we know) why did Virgin not put it beside all other Viacom Channels 187 and 188?

Media Boy HQ think we may see an Viacom channel (One of the following channels: Comedy Central +1, BET, 5 USA +1, 5STAR +1, MTV MUSIC, MTV Live HD, VH1 or Nickelodeon +1) for Paramount Network to launch on Wednesday.

Unless Virgin Media UK are set to move BBC 4 HD to channel 187 or 188 in early 2019 in Scotland.

What is set to launch on Channels 217, 218 and 219?

Pick from any of the following:

•Lifetime +1
•Sony Crime Channel +1
•Sony Crime Channel 2
•TruTV +1
•True Entertainment +1
•Quest Red +1
•E! HD
•Comedy Central Extra +1
•Pick +1
•Sky Atlantic
•Sky Atlantic HD
•Sky Atlantic +1
•Sky One +1
•S4C HD
•GOLD HD
•5Spike +1
•MTV +1

JJ20X has pick up tests for up to three HD Channels - that time of posted only one channel is testing called "Internal P".

Take a pick from any of the following HD Channels:

•Crime + Investigation HD
•HISTORY HD
•Al Jazeera English HD
•BoxNation HD
•Disney Channel HD
•Disney Junior HD
•Disney XD HD
•FreeSports HD
•LFCTV HD
•MUTV HD
•Sony Entertainment Television HD
•Sony Max HD
•E! HD
•Nick Jr. HD
•Premier Sports HD (Launches this summer)
•Premier Sports 2 HD (Launches this summer)
•Racing UK HD
•S4C HD
•Star Gold HD
•Star Plus HD
•Boomerang HD
•CNN International HD
•GOLD HD
•Colours HD
•&TV HD
•Zee Cinema HD
•Zee TV HD

Media Boy HQ are thinking they will be for Freesports HD, Premier Sports HD and Premier Sports 2 HD.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 02-07-2018, 18:41   #1161
telegramsam
telegramsam

telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future
Talking Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I'm one of those ppl who subscribe to Virgin just to get Sky sports and BT sport for the football.
I wonder if us sports subscribers are subsidising all the other channels?
Old 02-07-2018, 18:43   #1162
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Merging?

NowTV is owned by Sky and always has been. Or do you mean a merging of the brands?
Sorry wrong choice of words what I meant was the products will meet somewhere in the middle I’m aware Sky own Now TV.

What I mean by this is people are showing a greater appetite for lower costing packages ie (Now TV entertainment) going forward I can see Sky dwindling it’s third party pay channels in favour of offering its own content included with access to free to air channels and select competitors On Demand offerings.
Old 02-07-2018, 18:57   #1163
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richc1977 View Post
Rugby AM tweeting that Freesports will be on Virgin Media from end of July, so looking pretty likely now.

https://twitter.com/RugbyAM/status/1012004335708983297
Information posted on here last week.

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...postcount=1136

Alex Simmons‏ did post on Jul 1 that: "I think our first show could be the 18th but not sure for certain pal"

Information seen by Media Boy HQ using Richc1977 link.

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 02-07-2018 at 19:02.
Old 02-07-2018, 21:01   #1164
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post

If Paramount Network is set to launch on Channel 220 (Not even testing as far as we know) why did Virgin not put it beside all other Viacom Channels 187 and 188?

Media Boy HQ think we may see an Viacom channel (One of the following channels: Comedy Central +1, BET, 5 USA +1, 5STAR +1, MTV MUSIC, MTV Live HD, VH1 or Nickelodeon +1) for Paramount Network to launch on Wednesday.

Unless Virgin Media UK are set to move BBC 4 HD to channel 187 or 188 in early 2019 in Scotland.

•Lifetime +1
•Sony Crime Channel +1
•Sony Crime Channel 2
•TruTV +1
•True Entertainment +1
•Quest Red +1
•E! HD
•Comedy Central Extra +1
•Pick +1
•Sky Atlantic
•Sky Atlantic HD
•Sky Atlantic +1
•Sky One +1
•S4C HD
•GOLD HD
•5Spike +1
•MTV +1

JJ20X has pick up tests for up to three HD Channels - that time of posted only one channel is testing called "Internal P".

•HISTORY HD
•Al Jazeera English HD
•BoxNation HD
•Disney Channel HD
•Disney Junior HD
•Disney XD HD
•FreeSports HD
•LFCTV HD
•MUTV HD
•Sony Max HD
•E! HD
•Nick Jr. HD
•Racing UK HD
•S4C HD
•Star Gold HD
•Star Plus HD
•Boomerang HD
•CNN International HD
•GOLD HD
•Colours HD
•&TV HD
•Zee Cinema HD
•Zee TV HD

Media Boy HQ are thinking they will be for Freesports HD, Premier Sports HD and Premier Sports 2 HD.
It's also possible that VH1 will be moving from Music to Entertainment, so a slot would be needed for that. There is also a very (and I mean VERY) small chance that Viacom could launch 5USA, 5Star and 5Spike in HD as part of a commercial agreement with Virgin Media, but it's unlikely.
Old 02-07-2018, 21:32   #1165
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
It's also possible that VH1 will be moving from Music to Entertainment, so a slot would be needed for that. There is also a very (and I mean VERY) small chance that Viacom could launch 5USA, 5Star and 5Spike in HD as part of a commercial agreement with Virgin Media, but it's unlikely.
5USA,5Star Spike in HD BEFORE Sky? Wow that would be a scoop!
Old 02-07-2018, 21:35   #1166
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:

•Lifetime +1
•Sony Crime Channel +1
•Sony Crime Channel 2
•TruTV +1
•True Entertainment +1
•Quest Red +1
•E! HD
•Comedy Central Extra +1
•Pick +1
•Sky Atlantic
•Sky Atlantic HD
•Sky Atlantic +1
•Sky One +1
•S4C HD
•GOLD HD
•5Spike +1
•MTV +1

•HISTORY HD
•Al Jazeera English HD
•BoxNation HD
•Disney Channel HD
•Disney Junior HD
•Disney XD HD
•FreeSports HD
•LFCTV HD
•MUTV HD
•Sony Max HD
•E! HD
•Nick Jr. HD
•Racing UK HD
•S4C HD
•Star Gold HD
•Star Plus HD
•Boomerang HD
•CNN International HD
•GOLD HD
•Colours HD
•&TV HD
•Zee Cinema HD
•Zee TV HD

Quest HD. It's testing on Sky / Freesat at the moment.
Old 02-07-2018, 23:43   #1167
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Quest HD. It's testing on Sky / Freesat at the moment.
Due to our last post it look like the new HD Channels will become Premier Sports HD, Premier Sports 2 HD and FreeSports HD.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:23   #1168
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Paramount Network replaced Spike in America, so I would assume that would be the case here and the channel will on CH 154.
Old 03-07-2018, 19:18   #1169
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Paramount Network replaced Spike in America, so I would assume that would be the case here and the channel will on CH 154.
You shouldn't assume... that's not the case. 5Spike here is continuing here as normal. Paramount Network is a totally new channel.
Old 04-07-2018, 10:57   #1170
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

So after World Cup is virgin going back to sweet fa in the UHD stakes
Closed Thread