Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 500mb Question

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

500mb Question

Old 19-06-2019, 20:16   #151
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: 500mb Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
You need to make sure your 5ghz wifi is set to 20/40/80 and you have a decent wifi device like a flagship phone. 500mb is t really needed for one single device, its handy for busy houses
I don't know if it'll affect anyone else, but when I set my RT-AX88U to 20/40/80, nothing could connect to the 5Ghz at all. Probably just a bug in the router more than anything.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-06-2019, 01:31   #152
wildfruit
cf.member

Services: M600, talk more anytime 2 x V6, sky cinema, Sky sports Maxit TV, kids pack, unlimited sim
wildfruit is an unknown quantity at this point

Can get decent speeds on my iPhone XR. Bit more when wired.
Attached Images
File Type: png 833FD4F8-8D9B-405E-9153-8A68E823E471.png (17.3 KB, 26 views)
wildfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2019, 08:55   #153
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
When VM finally release 500mb will it be on a new hub?

500Mb is already out. A new hub will be required only when DOCSIS 3.1 is deployed.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2019, 15:48   #154
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Is 500 generally available yet, or still just on that stupid package ?

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2019, 17:24   #155
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Is 500 generally available yet, or still just on that stupid package ?
Nope you still need to take the Ultimate Oomph Bundle it’s a joke.
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 15:52   #156
Grimpy
cf.addict

Grimpy is an unknown quantity at this point

Is the ultimate bundle just for new customers?

I already pay close to £99 each month for what i have.
Grimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 16:18   #157
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimpy View Post

You should be able to upgrade to it, not sure if you need to phone up.

I see there is a Lenovo Smart device or bill credit currently available until tomorrow, maybe new customers only but you could try asking for it too.
Old 26-06-2019, 21:21   #158
wildfruit
cf.member

Services: M600, talk more anytime 2 x V6, sky cinema, Sky sports Maxit TV, kids pack, unlimited sim
wildfruit is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes phone up. You shouldn’t have to try too hard.
wildfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 22:22   #159
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

I think it is for anyone - but you need to re-contact for 12 months.

Quote:

ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 11:03   #160
Grimpy
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
You should be able to upgrade to it, not sure if you need to phone up.

I see there is a Lenovo Smart device or bill credit currently available until tomorrow, maybe new customers only but you could try asking for it too.
Was only for new customers, if they had of offered it to me i would of taken the deal.
Old 27-06-2019, 14:00   #161
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

I got it as an existing customer. It worked out less as I no longer pay for the mobile.

Quote:
Was only for new customers, if they had of offered it to me i would of taken the deal.
Old 27-06-2019, 14:53   #162
Grimpy
cf.addict

I meant the free Lenovo or credit.
Old 27-06-2019, 15:14   #163
ozsat
cf.mega poster

I think that was new only for the freebies - I would have gone for the Xbox otherwise which i've seen mentioned.
Quote:
I meant the free Lenovo or credit.
Old 28-06-2019, 18:40   #164
newapollo
cf.addict

newapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant future

I was still in contract until November but have just upgraded to the Ultimate Oomph package for 12 months and my payments have gone down to £99 a month, the same price as a new customer. I didn't even have to negotiate the price. Just done a speed test 519.26 download and 42.58 upload . I've checked and I still have all the channels including the kids, so top marks from me.
newapollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2019, 01:41   #165
BeeVee
cf.member

Services: VIP50
BeeVee is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I phoned them. VIP customer for 20 Yrs, told to pay £100 for a 2nd V6 box, but they mailed me with the offer and then refused me unless I pay £100 for the 2nd box. I pay £98 a month plus another £21 a month for 2 mobiles, not a happy customer
BeeVee is offline   Reply With Quote