Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Last of Us

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

The Last of Us

Old 24-01-2023, 23:22   #16
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Last of Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
It’s good, enjoying it. Nothing really groundbreaking. Man has lost his daughter, now gains a surrogate daughter that could save humanity, has to get her across America where they will face a litany of horrors far worse than the ever present threat of the zombie hoard.

They’ll grow to love each other.

The thing is, two episodes in, I loved the walking dead. But that went on for 11 years and I stopped watching after 7 or 8.

So hopefully they’ll keep this series tight, concise and full of action, I also hope they keep revisiting the outbreak origins.
Not watched it yet but if it closely mirrors the games which there are only 2 I can't see them dragging it out that long.
Old 25-01-2023, 04:43   #17
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
The lore from the game is that there are stages of infection. The normal ones are recently turned and retain hearing and sight. If the progression of the infection doesn't kill them they turn into clickers where the eyesight goes and is compensated by hearing.
The ones from this episode (clickers as you call them) reminded me of triffids.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2023, 10:34   #18
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
It’s good, enjoying it. Nothing really groundbreaking. Man has lost his daughter, now gains a surrogate daughter that could save humanity, has to get her across America where they will face a litany of horrors far worse than the ever present threat of the zombie hoard.

They’ll grow to love each other.

The thing is, two episodes in, I loved the walking dead. But that went on for 11 years and I stopped watching after 7 or 8.

So hopefully they’ll keep this series tight, concise and full of action, I also hope they keep revisiting the outbreak origins.

I can't see it going beyond 2, maybe 3, seasons. The games' stories are pretty concise in terms of story and don't allow for it to go on forever.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2023, 11:46   #19
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I can't see it going beyond 2, maybe 3, seasons. The games' stories are pretty concise in terms of story and don't allow for it to go on forever.
I still need to play the 2nd game I'm only a few hours in and it's in my back log.
Old 01-02-2023, 19:29   #20
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Wasnt over impressed with this weeks episode.
I'm told its just following the game still, but it was all pretty dull to me.
We didnt learn much new, and the only thing that really happened was they got a car.
This felt like a 20 minute story stretched out to over an hour. Still, it hasnt put me off yet.

Old 01-02-2023, 19:54   #21
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
We didnt learn much new, and the only thing that really happened was they got a car.
This felt like a 20 minute story stretched out to over an hour. Still, it hasnt put me off yet.
Yeah when the games comes out on PC for me these will be skipped scenes
Old 01-02-2023, 23:14   #22
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Well I viewed this as more of a story adjacent episode. TWD did this occasionally, but not as well. It only pushes the main show incrementally but tells a story within its own episode.

I enjoyed it. You can have your opinions on the relationship between the men and how far it the intimate moments were pushed. It didn’t bother me. It wasn’t a woke episode, there was no narrative being pushed, no “ you should think this way” script. It was just a story and they happened to be men.

I also loved how the girl thought the old truck was like a spaceship and asking what it was like to actually fly in a plane, because she never had, nor probably never will.

Also how they visually morphed from the bodies in the mass grave in the present to the people in the past.

Also that we now know who played the 80’s music on the radio, and that they probably died before Joel and the girl left Boston.

It’s a very strong and well put together show so far.
Old 08-02-2023, 15:47   #23
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
That episode was the first major deviation from the game. That couple were in a relationship in the game but you only meet Bill after they've broken up, you do gameplay stuff, and at the end of the chapter you arrive at a house to find Frank had hung himself to avoid turning after he was bitten.

I think they have to have stuff like that to breath more life into the world but I am now concerned how rushed the last few episodes will be as there is a lot more to get though.

This week's episode didn't progress things enough in that regard. I liked it, and am interested to see how they handle the next scenes, but the pace needs to pick up.
Old 08-02-2023, 19:54   #24
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
That episode was the first major deviation from the game. That couple were in a relationship in the game but you only meet Bill after they've broken up, you do gameplay stuff, and at the end of the chapter you arrive at a house to find Frank had hung himself to avoid turning after he was bitten.

I think they have to have stuff like that to breath more life into the world but I am now concerned how rushed the last few episodes will be as there is a lot more to get though.

This week's episode didn't progress things enough in that regard. I liked it, and am interested to see how they handle the next scenes, but the pace needs to pick up.
Yeah, didn’t think this weeks moved things along that much.
Old 08-02-2023, 20:49   #25
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Yes, it seems to have slowed down a lot in the last two episodes.
It did end on a bit of a cliff hanger this week (which was also the shortest episode so far).

Old 12-02-2023, 04:01   #26
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Well episode 5 was another slow burner for ages, almost driving me to the fast forward button - but then it finally burst into life ! Quite an ending.

Old 12-02-2023, 10:35   #27
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Much better than the last episode. The scene where they're underground in the play area is lifted from the game, in that game you find out via notes left around of that being a community of people from the perspective of 'Ish' and in the TV show they have the exact drawing from the game: https://i.insider.com/63e72c1d96242f...jpeg&auto=webp

The finale of the episode is almost shot for shot from the game as well.
Old 12-02-2023, 18:48   #28
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Well episode 5 was another slow burner for ages, almost driving me to the fast forward button - but then it finally burst into life ! Quite an ending.
I think the clicker girl at the end was under used, or used in a poor way. Used in a different scene, she could have been terrifying, the way she moved.
Old 13-02-2023, 11:26   #29
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Knowing what's left I really think they should have down 10 episodes.
Old 13-02-2023, 16:21   #30
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Knowing what's left I really think they should have down 10 episodes.
I presume you mean 'done'.
They have a second season now.