Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Russia has invaded Ukraine

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Russia has invaded Ukraine

Old 19-11-2022, 13:49   #2146
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Russia has invaded Ukraine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
You personally can not possibly verify anything you are told about this war. You can look online and read things people say but that verifies nothing

Not trusting people in power is my default. People I have got to know personally get my trust or not depending on their actions. I give everyone a chance.
Except people in power - you don’t give them a chance, as you haven’t met them personally. Or am I misunderstanding you?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-11-2022, 14:26   #2147
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Must be a real dilemma for you - who not to believe less, the USA or Zelensky…
Quote:
Trust only makes you easier to fool
To clarify - the point I was trying to make (obviously not clearly enough) was that jf has been very clear (repeatedly) in previous posts that he does not trust the USA or Zelensky - but there he was using something the USA said (in the Daily Mail, funnily enough, another one of his bête noires) to support his assertion that Zelensky couldn’t be trusted.

I was merely highlighting the cognitive dissonance…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2022, 17:30   #2148
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Sorry but I do not think that NATO would admit that it was russian . whether it is or not
Old 19-11-2022, 17:32   #2149
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Except people in power - you don’t give them a chance, as you haven’t met them personally. Or am I misunderstanding you?
Not really the personal meeting with those in power as in mind they always work to an agenda or a party line and in the case of politicians they rarely give a straight answer to any difficult questions. It is not really the person it is what is behind the person in power I do not trust
Old 19-11-2022, 17:59   #2150
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
20 years of dedicated GRU information ops really have helped condition the wider battle space in Putin’s favour. Or parts of it anyway.
You say this as if the CIA haven't done the same for 50 years. The silence on this thread when it was revealed it was a Ukrainian missile, in contrast to the frothing at the mouth of the previous 24 hours, spoke volumes.

---------- Post added at 17:59 ---------- Previous post was at 17:54 ----------

Quote:
Must be a real dilemma for you - who not to believe less, the USA or Zelensky…
When their interests diverge I'd reluctantly pick the USA. The comedian clearly isn't a trustworthy ally, indeed perhaps not an ally at all just a useful fall guy.

The USA for their faults are an ally with a mutual interest in not starting World War 3 for a small amount of already disputed land at the Russia/Ukraine border.

---------- Post added at 17:59 ---------- Previous post was at 17:59 ----------

Quote:
I still think there is a chance it was an attempt at escalation and Zelensky knew about it all along. He can not be trusted I tell ya
Well, it's more likely than it actually being a Russian missile I'll give it that.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2022, 18:13   #2151
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

So, the Russians invading Crimea & other areas in 2014, and then the other Oblasts this year, makes those areas "a small amount of already disputed land at the Russia/Ukraine border."?

Pretty sure they weren’t "disputed" until the Russian forces & militias annexed them and turned them into "Peoples’ Republics"…

Last edited by Hugh; 19-11-2022 at 18:17.
Old 19-11-2022, 18:21   #2152
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
So, the Russians invading Crimea & other areas in 2014, and then the other Oblasts this year, makes those areas "a small amount of already disputed land at the Russia/Ukraine border."?

Pretty sure they weren’t "disputed" until the Russian forces & militias annexed them and turned them into "Peoples’ Republics"…
And here I was assuming the World War 3 part was the key part of my post and not what constitutes a dispute over land in the past.
Old 20-11-2022, 01:18   #2153
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Let’s totally ignore how we got to where we are, and just focus on the bit that supports my proposition…

Old 20-11-2022, 02:24   #2154
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Let’s totally ignore how we got to where we are, and just focus on the bit that supports my proposition…

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Well that's the NATO enforced Ukraine stance after all. Welcome, Hugh!
Old 20-11-2022, 09:29   #2155
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

So has anyone got anything NEW to add to the discussion? Has anything actually happened in the last few days?Or are we still at the disagree about everything anyone has to say stage?
Old 20-11-2022, 15:46   #2156
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

A couple of days ago, Sunak visited Kiev.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2022, 09:47   #2157
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Well that's the NATO enforced Ukraine stance after all. Welcome, Hugh!
Thanks for the clarification - relieved to hear it’s nothing to do with Russia invading and annexing another countries lands, sorry, "already disputed land*", then saying they’d to the same to other ex-Sov countries…

Phew…

* ™ Russia Today

Last edited by Hugh; 21-11-2022 at 09:57.
Old 21-11-2022, 10:27   #2158
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

It seems to me that Ukraine will be brought to its knees by reason of Russian missiles.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2022, 13:15   #2159
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
It seems to me that Ukraine will be brought to its knees by reason of Russian missiles.

There’s very, very little historical precedent for that. Bombing campaigns tend to harden resistance in the population. If the missiles were destroying Ukraine’s capacity to conduct military operations, you might have a point. But they aren’t.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2022, 15:17   #2160
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Also, Russia is reportedly running out, hence using fewer premise ones more recently.

I still think this most likely ends unofficially if Ukraine takes back enough.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote