Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rewind TV coming to Sky

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rewind TV coming to Sky

Old 16-04-2024, 20:22   #1
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Rewind TV coming to Sky

Rewind TV UK is set to launch on May 23rd on Sky Satellite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pljKAmIVjSQ&t=1s
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-04-2024, 07:52   #2
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: Rewind TV coming to Sky

The trailer looks good - that's hope it is not a passing fad and switches to infomercials after a few weeks.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2024, 10:24   #3
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
The trailer looks good - that's hope it is not a passing fad and switches to infomercials after a few weeks.
Here more info I got since first post:

Here is some of Rewind TV broadcast schedules highlights:

-The Prisoner
-The Return of the Saint
-Hammer House of Horror
-Drop the Dead Donkey
-The Tony Hancock Show
-World in Action

Rewind TV will ONLY broadcast in SD

It's going to be FTA and available via Sky.
Old 18-04-2024, 23:38   #4
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Sounds like rubbish. I mean…SD?
Old 19-04-2024, 00:03   #5
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
So you think that programmes of that age will be available in 4K?
epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2024, 03:15   #6
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
I hope so too. Apparently, it has nothing to do with the channels of the same name in America, but is owned by a guy in Sheffield.

---------- Post added at 03:15 ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
Here more info I got since first post:

Here is some of Rewind TV broadcast schedules highlights:

-The Prisoner
-The Return of the Saint
-Hammer House of Horror
-Drop the Dead Donkey
-The Tony Hancock Show
-World in Action

Rewind TV will ONLY broadcast in SD

It's going to be FTA and available via Sky.
Been reported that it may also be on
Freesat. If not, Freesatters will be able to tune it in in non Freesat mode with it being FTA.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2024, 08:17   #7
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I hope so too. Apparently, it has nothing to do with the channels of the same name in America, but is owned by a guy in Sheffield.

---------- Post added at 03:15 ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 ----------

Been reported that it may also be on
Freesat. If not, Freesatters will be able to tune it in in non Freesat mode with it being FTA.
My Source do not know if Rewind TV will launch on Freesat at launch.

My Sources says it WILL NOT BE on Freeview or Virgin Media UK from launch

Information was right as of April 16th.
Old 19-04-2024, 11:13   #8
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Do you actually understand the technology at all?

If the channel is showing exclusively material that was distributed on analogue videotape for 625 line PAL colour, then that material has been digitised as 576i, the digital equivalent of analogue standard definition. It is a complete waste of bandwidth to carry that channel on a 1080i (i.e., high definition) stream if nothing that channel broadcasts is available as HD.

Even if the distributors originally sent out film prints rather than videotape, which was not unusual especially for material intended to be sold across markets using different analogue broadcast standards, re-scanning them in HD would be prohibitively expensive for a minor TV channel, even assuming the prints are still in a fit state to be simply scanned without any digital touching up being required to repair scratches etc.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2024, 18:05   #9
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Some of the stuff they have been trailing is available on blurray (so 1080 HD).
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2024, 18:40   #10
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
And you think that means the content is actually in 1080 HD?
Old 19-04-2024, 19:07   #11
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Do you actually understand the technology at all?

If the channel is showing exclusively material that was distributed on analogue videotape for 625 line PAL colour, then that material has been digitised as 576i, the digital equivalent of analogue standard definition. It is a complete waste of bandwidth to carry that channel on a 1080i (i.e., high definition) stream if nothing that channel broadcasts is available as HD.

Even if the distributors originally sent out film prints rather than videotape, which was not unusual especially for material intended to be sold across markets using different analogue broadcast standards, re-scanning them in HD would be prohibitively expensive for a minor TV channel, even assuming the prints are still in a fit state to be simply scanned without any digital touching up being required to repair scratches etc.
Chris, I was being humorous. Don’t take everything so seriously!
Old 19-04-2024, 20:17   #12
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Even so, a low budget channel is far more likely to source content from a cheap original copy rather than fork out for expensive reprocessed copies.
epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2024, 16:57   #13
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Not to mention it will cost the channel far more to occupy an HD channel when the only thing being transmitted in HD will be the advertising it carries.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2024, 18:21   #14
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
Not to mention it will cost the channel far more to occupy an HD channel when the only thing being transmitted in HD will be the advertising it carries.
I wonder if advertisers pay less when their ads are only shown in SD? I do know that they didn't pay more when colour TV came in for ITV in 1969.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2024, 19:52   #15
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Chris, I was being humorous. Don’t take everything so seriously!
Sure you were.