Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Election 2019 - Week 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Election 2019 - Week 4
View Poll Results: Your voting intention at this stage of the campaign
Labour 11 25.58%
Conservative 19 44.19%
Liberal Democrat 3 6.98%
UKIP 0 0%
Brexit 3 6.98%
Green 0 0%
Change UK 0 0%
Plaid Cymru 0 0%
SNP 1 2.33%
Irish Nationalist 1 2.33%
Irish unionist 0 0%
Other 1 2.33%
Abstaining 2 4.65%
Ineligible 0 0%
Undecided 2 4.65%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 28-11-2019, 21:23   #16
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Election 2019 - Week 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
I suppose people will be grateful if they run out of toilet paper.
I’m always grateful to get free newsprint through the door. The kids use it when they’re cleaning their pets cages.
Advertisement
Old 28-11-2019, 21:25   #17
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I’m always grateful to get free newsprint through the door. The kids use it when they’re cleaning their pets cages.
I use it to light the stove even fake news burns well
Old 29-11-2019, 12:24   #18
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Week 4 and I'm still undecided.

Who should I vote for and why?
Old 29-11-2019, 12:34   #19
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post

I implore you not to vote for Corbyn for reasons of antisemitism and Momentum thugs.

Lib-Dems are a hopeless case, but Remainers might vote for them out of conscience.

Conservatives are led by a liar but they will execute the Referendum instruction and then hold the poison chalice of negotiating a trade deal with that awful EU.

Monster Raving Loonies have proposed a 99p coin - brilliant.

My advice is at your risk.
Old 29-11-2019, 12:39   #20
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:

I'm afraid with our electoral system it's a question of who you don't want, and the best way of achieving that wherever you live. A vote for anybody other than the top 2 parties in your constituency is wasted, it's a crazy system that disenfranchises a lot of the electorate.
Old 29-11-2019, 12:47   #21
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
I'm afraid with our electoral system it's a question of who you don't want, and the best way of achieving that wherever you live. A vote for anybody other than the top 2 parties in your constituency is wasted, it's a crazy system that disenfranchises a lot of the electorate.
That's one way of looking at it and hard to argue with.

However, I and many others are members of one party or another (or long term supporters) and in my case I don't want Corbyn and I'm loyal to the Conservatives who pose no threat to society.

Ergo full circle to the very valid point you've made.

Does that mandate a change to the electoral system? Well, proportional representation will always lead to a hung Parliament and wishy-washy direction. A single transferable vote will crystallise election results yet remain with the present system of being able to produce a governing party.

Are coalitions a good idea? Actually the 2010 coalition wasn't a disaster (bar the students' price hike) but a Labour-Lib coalition would have destroyed us.

Old 29-11-2019, 12:49   #22
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
I implore you not to vote for Corbyn for reasons of antisemitism and Momentum thugs.

Lib-Dems are a hopeless case, but Remainers might vote for them out of conscience.

Conservatives are led by a liar but they will execute the Referendum instruction and then hold the poison chalice of negotiating a trade deal with that awful EU.

I'm not so sure the Tories or anybody else, will ever actually deliver Brexit. Trade talks will take years, during which time a lot can change. e.g. an outbreak of common sense taking place.....
Old 29-11-2019, 13:07   #23
Sephiroth
Simples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
I'm not so sure the Tories or anybody else, will ever actually deliver Brexit. Trade talks will take years, during which time a lot can change. e.g. an outbreak of common sense taking place.....
... that common sense being?

Old 29-11-2019, 13:07   #24
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:

Not an issue for me but i live in a constituency that hasn't change allegiance in 40 years and it won't now.
Old 29-11-2019, 14:23   #25
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

You forgot that Corbyn will also cripple the economy, so that and his stance on the EU are two very good reasons for me to vote Conservative.

If this issue is not going to hike the Lib Dems into the official party of opposition (which it won't) I cannot think what it would take to bring this about. I can't see Labour sinking even further than this, but I suppose you never know.

Labour did bounce back over a period after Michael Foot. Maybe history will repeat itself.
Old 29-11-2019, 14:32   #26
Sephiroth
Simples

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You forgot that Corbyn will also cripple the economy, so that and his stance on the EU are two very good reasons for me to vote Conservative.

If this issue is not going to hike the Lib Dems into the official party of opposition (which it won't) I cannot think what it would take to bring this about. I can't see Labour sinking even further than this, but I suppose you never know.

Labour did bounce back over a period after Michael Foot. Maybe history will repeat itself.
I can't question what you've said about Labour. But I'm appealing to the conscience and decency of our contributors who should not for a moment associate themselves with the evident antisemitism of Corbyn and his Momentum thugs.

Old 29-11-2019, 14:55   #27
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
BJ didn't think austerity was the right thing to do...

Speccy
Not often I find myself on the same side of the fence as Johnson.

---------- Post added at 13:46 ---------- Previous post was at 13:44 ----------

Quote:
I eagerly await jfman’s response, OB!
We are already in huge debt! I’m not sure how 2 trillion is sustainable but 2.2 trillion after a wave of nationalisation is unsustainable...

---------- Post added at 13:55 ---------- Previous post was at 13:46 ----------

Quote:
I can't question what you've said about Labour. But I'm appealing to the conscience and decency of our contributors who should not for a moment associate themselves with the evident antisemitism of Corbyn and his Momentum thugs.

Conscience and decency doesn’t pay the bills or solve poverty.
Old 29-11-2019, 14:59   #28
Sephiroth
Simples

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Not often I find myself on the same side of the fence as Johnson.

---------- Post added at 13:46 ---------- Previous post was at 13:44 ----------

We are already in huge debt! I’m not sure how 2 trillion is sustainable but 2.2 trillion after a wave of nationalisation is unsustainable...

---------- Post added at 13:55 ---------- Previous post was at 13:46 ----------

Conscience and decency doesn’t pay the bills or solve poverty.
.... at the expense of the sense of welcome, safety and non-fearfulness of a minority group of citizens? Is that what you represent?

Old 29-11-2019, 15:02   #29
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
.... at the expense of the sense of welcome, safety and non-fearfulness of a minority group of citizens? Is that what you represent?
It’s not what I represent, no. I’m not a member of any political party.

I don’t agree with your interpretation of events - I don’t believe Jews are unwelcome, unsafe or fearful. I think the press is inflating the issue as a stick to beat Corbyn with as a means to get poor people to vote on non-economic issues. As with nationalism.

Meanwhile rich people largely will vote Conservative for economic reasons.

Divide and rule.
Old 29-11-2019, 15:08   #30
Sephiroth
Simples

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
It’s not what I represent, no. I’m not a member of any political party.

I don’t agree with your interpretation of events - I don’t believe Jews are unwelcome, unsafe or fearful. I think the press is inflating the issue as a stick to beat Corbyn with as a means to get poor people to vote on non-economic issues. As with nationalism.

Meanwhile rich people largely will vote Conservative for economic reasons.

Divide and rule.
The Jewish ex-Labour MPs would disagree with you. The Chief Rabbi disagrees with you. Corbyn wouldn't apologise and Corbyn has openly supported terrorist organisations, particularly those that want to destroy Israel.

Closed Thread