Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 4g 5g mobile phone

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Telco Services Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

4g 5g mobile phone

Old 16-04-2023, 14:24   #16
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: 4g 5g mobile phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
O2 site says that 5g is poor within my house. Callers say that they can't hear me, I can hear them clearly. Says 4 g is excellent with in the house hence the question . The software is the latest version ( automatically upgrades) . Guess Tesco does not support WiFi . As to your question I have no idea , just seeing 4g is better in the house.

---------- Post added at 13:58 ---------- Previous post was at 13:56 ----------

If used for any web browsering yes it connects to virgin no problems
So why not keep it connected to your WiFi network all the time then you won't have a problem, I know this won't fix your WiFi calling issue though, Tesco say they're updating their network for WiFi calling. https://www.tescomobile.com/help/dev...and-4g-calling

As Jaymoss pointed out voice calls have nothing to do with 4g,5g.

It sounds like you need to use a network that either gives you good signal in your house or supports WiFi calling, for me Smarty on Three network does that for me.

https://smarty.co.uk/#plans

Last edited by SnoopZ; 16-04-2023 at 14:33.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-04-2023, 18:57   #17
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
So why not keep it connected to your WiFi network all the time then you won't have a problem, I know this won't fix your WiFi calling issue though, Tesco say they're updating their network for WiFi calling. https://www.tescomobile.com/help/dev...and-4g-calling

As Jaymoss pointed out voice calls have nothing to do with 4g,5g.

It sounds like you need to use a network that either gives you good signal in your house or supports WiFi calling, for me Smarty on Three network does that for me.

https://smarty.co.uk/#plans
O2 checker * says that when referring to talk that my post code is good for 5g outdoors poor in doors 4g is good on both . Seems a strange message if nothing to do with talk it's not the end of the world . Have made some calls since changing and no problems now on 4g . So switched back to 5g and guess what phone went to 5g and the problem came back went back to 4g same number no problem. Sorry but I fail to believe that 5g is not the problem. Having checked oppo say Tesco doesn't yet support wi fi calling ,guess I just have to wait. Checked on system color os 13.0 android 13, so up to date * as does Tesco's think it is just a brand change as it looks the same

Last edited by Itshim; 17-04-2023 at 19:23.
Itshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2023, 10:39   #18
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Have poor signal on 5g in house 4g is fine which matches what O2 says for my area. However my phone seems to use 5g when ever it finds a signal , it's an oppo a74 , system is color (android) any thoughts on how to stop it

I've had to enable WiFi calling otherwise I get no calls. My O2 shop was as much use as a piece of string is to someone with diarrhoea.
Old 19-04-2023, 10:58   #19
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
O2 checker * says that when referring to talk that my post code is good for 5g outdoors poor in doors 4g is good on both . Seems a strange message if nothing to do with talk it's not the end of the world . Have made some calls since changing and no problems now on 4g . So switched back to 5g and guess what phone went to 5g and the problem came back went back to 4g same number no problem. Sorry but I fail to believe that 5g is not the problem. Having checked oppo say Tesco doesn't yet support wi fi calling ,guess I just have to wait. Checked on system color os 13.0 android 13, so up to date * as does Tesco's think it is just a brand change as it looks the same
Calls use the old GSM standard I believe which is 2G or VoLTE which is 4G. So poor 5G will have no effect on your ability to make calls. Plans to kill 2G are in place to be done by 2033
Old 19-04-2023, 11:46   #20
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
Calls use the old GSM standard I believe which is 2G or VoLTE which is 4G. So poor 5G will have no effect on your ability to make calls. Plans to kill 2G are in place to be done by 2033
Can make calls on 5g the problem on 5g is the other end say that I am breaking up or can't be heard at all.. not a problem when using 4g
Old 19-04-2023, 11:54   #21
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Can make calls on 5g the problem on 5g is the other end say that I am breaking up or can't be heard at all.. not a problem when using 4g
Open the settings of your smartphone > Click on the More button in the Wireless and networks or Connection section > Select the Mobile networks option > Click on Network mode > Check the 4G/LTE box

from a google
Old 19-04-2023, 12:57   #22
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Yeah my mobile has an option that says VoLTE calls Sim1 which is enabled. (use LTE data networks for calls whenever possible) and as Jaymoss says select 4G/LTE rather than 5G/LTE/3G/2G which is the options on my phone.

Last edited by SnoopZ; 19-04-2023 at 13:01.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2023, 17:49   #23
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Yeah my mobile has an option that says VoLTE calls Sim1 which is enabled. (use LTE data networks for calls whenever possible) and as Jaymoss says select 4G/LTE rather than 5G/LTE/3G/2G which is the options on my phone.
Sorry to repeat Tesco does not offer these choices.
Have a choice of 5g,4g,3g,2g,auto
or4g,3g,2g auto
or 3g,2g auto
thats it, no problem with second choice . First one seems to be the problem, hence my saying it's 5g
Old 19-04-2023, 17:52   #24
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Sorry to repeat Tesco does not offer these choices.
Have a choice of 5g,4g,3g,2g,auto
or4g,3g,2g auto
or 3g,2g auto
thats it, no problem with second choice . First one seems to be the problem, hence my saying it's 5g
you clearly have not been reading what has been said to you either

If 5G is the problem don't freaking use it simples
Old 20-04-2023, 19:09   #25
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
you clearly have not been reading what has been said to you either

If 5G is the problem don't freaking use it simples
At the very start my question was how to turn it off. Have no interest in using 5g for anything but making phone calls . Just pointing out that repeating something won't make it true.
i itotally get that, for what ever reason banging on about internet on 5g via smart phone was not what I asked but thank you for your extremely helpful post
Old 20-04-2023, 19:39   #26
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Open the settings of your smartphone > Click on the More button in the Wireless and networks or Connection section > Select the Mobile networks option > Click on Network mode > Check the 4G/LTE box

from a google
you mean this one that goes into detail on how to do it !!!

---------- Post added at 19:39 ---------- Previous post was at 19:38 ----------

Quote:
At the very start my question was how to turn it off. Have no interest in using 5g for anything but making phone calls . Just pointing out that repeating something won't make it true.
i itotally get that, for what ever reason banging on about internet on 5g via smart phone was not what I asked but thank you for your extremely helpful post
why do you want to use 5G for phone calls when you have stated it does not freaking work properly and those you call have issues with it?

Quote:
Here you clearly see you saying 5G is the problem.
Old 03-05-2023, 17:20   #27
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
you mean this one that goes into detail on how to do it !!!

---------- Post added at 19:39 ---------- Previous post was at 19:38 ----------

why do you want to use 5G for phone calls when you have stated it does not freaking work properly and those you call have issues with it?

Here you clearly see you saying 5G is the problem.
Totally agree ! I asked how to turn it off was answered and also give other advice,which my provider does not offer the conversation has been side tracked in regard to this.
Old 10-05-2023, 16:53   #28
Corey N Georgie
cf.addict

Services: 1GB Volt, Telephone all Inclusive.
Corey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the rough

I'm with EE and 5g here in Swansea is a nightmare.

It drops out all over the place, one minute its working then its not and my handset is only 2 months old so I know its not that.
Corey N Georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 23:43   #29
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
If I ever did get one of these phones I would get one that does not have any 5G access..... 5G is dangerous and I try to avoid it as much as possible...
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 14:42   #30
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
If I ever did get one of these phones I would get one that does not have any 5G access..... 5G is dangerous and I try to avoid it as much as possible...
I'll bite. Care to explain your dangerous statement?
GrimUpNorth is online now   Reply With Quote