Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 24-11-2022, 22:43   #7411
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Spent most of the day dealing with the fallout of the OH falling over in the bathroom at 6am and cracking his noggin so hard that required a trip to the emergency department and 7 stitches in his scalp. Could have done without the old I’m a tough old retired matelot attitude that stopped him going to the hospital until I photographed his 3 inch wound.
Old 25-11-2022, 04:52   #7412
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Im so sorry Maggy
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2022, 11:54   #7413
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
Spent most of the day dealing with the fallout of the OH falling over in the bathroom at 6am and cracking his noggin so hard that required a trip to the emergency department and 7 stitches in his scalp. Could have done without the old I’m a tough old retired matelot attitude that stopped him going to the hospital until I photographed his 3 inch wound.
Hope the fearless warrior is OK this morning. Husbands <<sigh>>
<<<<<hugs>>>>> to you both.

My pet hate is having to defrost both freezers. Got it down to a fine art but still have to wait for the first one to get down to the right level before I can decant everything across and attack the second one. Can't leave them unattended as John insists on 'helping'.

He's off out with his mates for the day tomorrow so hopefully I can put up the Christmas Tree and decorations and save him having to 'help' me. No doubt he will still need to tweak the lights but a large G&T will help me relax while I listen to his critique.
Old 25-11-2022, 13:46   #7414
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Good idea to get any major head impact checked for concussion even without obvious injury.
Old 25-11-2022, 14:20   #7415
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
My pet hate is having to defrost both freezers. Got it down to a fine art but still have to wait for the first one to get down to the right level before I can decant everything across and attack the second one.
I just stick it all in a big cardboard box. It's fine for a couple of hours.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 09:30   #7416
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Next door neighbours lost their 6 week old baby Friday night. I can not imagine what they are going through. They are such a lovely couple. There is no rhyme or reason to life so very very sad. Certainly puts my worries about the cost of living in perspective for sure
Old 04-12-2022, 12:07   #7417
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Credit card companies. They can debit your account in a second, but a credit takes several days to apply...

I think that applied to many companies
Old 04-12-2022, 12:30   #7418
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

I know what it's like Maggy, having been wakened several times over the last 2 years in the middle of the night with Mr T's seizures, and to nurse him when he broke his femur in July. I hope your old man is soon back to his old self again.x

---------- Post added at 11:30 ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
Next door neighbours lost their 6 week old baby Friday night. I can not imagine what they are going through. They are such a lovely couple. There is no rhyme or reason to life so very very sad. Certainly puts my worries about the cost of living in perspective for sure

Devastating news for sure for that couple and family, life can be very cruel sometimes, Jay.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 10:05   #7419
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Because of finding doing a large supermarket shop once a week such hard work as an OAP I turned to online ordering. However as the pickers have again and again proven that they don't really know what they are doing I regularly have to refuse items. Roast potatoes instead of chips? 10 fish fingers instead of 30? 8 mature less fat cheese slices instead of 10 MILD cheese slices?

Yes I guess it does sound petty BUT it does mean I have to go out and actually buy what I want which is what I was trying to avoid.

Never mind the 10 other substitutions I will accept because it just makes me have to go out and buy in person if I don't.Which would defeat the whole point of ordering online.

Sorry for the rant.
Old 05-12-2022, 10:09   #7420
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

you can add notes to the items or un tick subs for some products. Ocado for a lot of products even let you give a sub option on the order
Old 05-12-2022, 18:56   #7421
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

As I recall, Asda let you set substitution products (as well as turn them off).

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 20:21   #7422
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Because of finding doing a large supermarket shop once a week such hard work as an OAP I turned to online ordering. However as the pickers have again and again proven that they don't really know what they are doing I regularly have to refuse items. Roast potatoes instead of chips? 10 fish fingers instead of 30? 8 mature less fat cheese slices instead of 10 MILD cheese slices?

Yes I guess it does sound petty BUT it does mean I have to go out and actually buy what I want which is what I was trying to avoid.

Never mind the 10 other substitutions I will accept because it just makes me have to go out and buy in person if I don't.Which would defeat the whole point of ordering online.

Sorry for the rant.
High turnover of staff for these jobs. My son did it for a bit. Getting up at 5am for little more than min wage for a few hours work isn't very attractive. Plus high pressure from the management if you don't do enough picks an hour means they shove anything to hand in. He lasted a couple of weeks like most staff.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 23:34   #7423
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
As I recall, Asda let you set substitution products (as well as turn them off).
I just hand them back.

My biggest bugbear is that I have always chosen Asda products because they are cheaper and just as good as popular brands but everyone seems to have cottoned on to this fact recently and as a consequence I seem to be farmed off with popular branded items.Luckily they have to be offered at the cheaper price.
Old 07-12-2022, 17:58   #7424
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

Sorry for the rant.

I don't see how they can screw up?

My nieces best friend is a picker in Tesco, if you order say an 8 pack of Richmond sausages, but pick a different 8 pack the scanner makes a weird noise and they have to re do.
Old 07-12-2022, 23:13   #7425
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
if you order say an 8 pack of Richmond sausages, but pick a different 8 pack the scanner makes a weird noise and they have to re do.
But what if Richmond sausages are out of stock?
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote