Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 16-03-2017, 21:31   #3301
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

I hope Amazon don't do similar with Kodi on their Fire Sticks.
Old 16-03-2017, 23:34   #3302
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I hope Amazon don't do similar with Kodi on their Fire Sticks.
They won't but this is one of reasons i opted for a Android tv box can get one same price as Fire stick with better specs too, my android box costs £45 but has exact same specs as the fire tv box and was £25 cheaper lol.
Old 16-03-2017, 23:46   #3303
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
They won't but this is one of reasons i opted for a Android tv box can get one same price as Fire stick with better specs too, my android box costs £45 but has exact same specs as the fire tv box and was £25 cheaper lol.
The reason i went with 2 Fire Sticks is i got them on Black Friday for £25 each and this was before i knew Kodi could be installed on them.
Old 17-03-2017, 00:23   #3304
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
The reason i went with 2 Fire Sticks is i got them on Black Friday for £25 each and this was before i knew Kodi could be installed on them.
Fire devices are cracking devices i got the fire tv box in the bedroom its one of few devices that allow me to have uk and usa apps together well worth the £50 i paid like you i got my box in black friday sales lol.
Old 17-03-2017, 19:49   #3305
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

I was thinking of taking up the one month free trial of Amazon Prime via the app on my smart TV, I saw on their site that they had season 3 of Ray Donovan which we haven't watched yet, we saw the first two seasons, but when I go to the Amazon Prime site it looks as if they charge you per episode, about £2.50 or thereabouts, anyone have Amazon Prime?
Old 17-03-2017, 19:53   #3306
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Series 3 of Ray Donovan is showing as included with my Amazon Prime sub.
Old 17-03-2017, 20:02   #3307
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Series 3 of Ray Donovan is showing as included with my Amazon Prime sub.

Just saw that mate, thx, was looking to see if they were showing Billions, but that doesn't seem to be available on the 30 day free trial.
Old 17-03-2017, 20:03   #3308
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Certainly not the rubbish, Max! However, as the Pay TV channels offer less and less by way of good quality dramas and entertainment, I am sure I will be looking for cheaper ways to access whatever is left that is worth watching in the not too distant future, unless something changes for the better.

Next week, the only programmes I have selected from the Sky channels to record on my V6 are:

Madam Secretary (Sky 1)
Limitless (Sky 2)
Lucky Man (Sky 1)
Shades of Blue (Sky Living)
The Catch (Sky Living)
The Blacklist (Sky 1)
24: Legacy (Fox)
Legion (Fox)
Bull (Fox)
Quantico (Alibi)

Now, considering we are in peak season, that's not exactly mind boggling, is it? This compares with 14 dramas on the terrestrials (plus other programmes, such as Question Time), for which I don't pay. It makes me wonder if I can justify continuing my subscription to the pay channels sometimes, and the position seems to be getting worse.
Seems like I'm not the only one who is underwhelmed by Sky programming.

http://m.londonlovesbusiness.com/bus...lesite=enabled
Old 17-03-2017, 23:41   #3309
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Yet there's still nearly 11 million people paying a monthly subscription. What's wrong with the British public? Too much money and not enough sense. Most are probably only paying to use the PVR facility and catch up service without noticing they are rarely watching actual pay TV content.
Old 18-03-2017, 06:15   #3310
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Yet there's still nearly 11 million people paying a monthly subscription. What's wrong with the British public? Too much money and not enough sense. Most are probably only paying to use the PVR facility and catch up service without noticing they are rarely watching actual pay TV content.
That is a bit harsh Chad calling the British public stupid.
Old 18-03-2017, 07:27   #3311
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: Virgin TV 360 Virgin 500Mb FTTP -AX86+AC86U AIMesh - O2 Mobile
bubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
What's the Virgin stats?

Are they equally stupid?

Probably given the amount of people who leave Sky for Virgin media's £29 deal for 70 channels when they get 240 channels on Sky just by cancelling their TV never mind the phone and broadband.
Old 18-03-2017, 08:31   #3312
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:

Quote:
The ten most watched programmes with Sky customers based on viewing figures in 2016 (and the top ranking show exclusive to Sky)
RankProgrammeChannelSky customer viewers in ms
1stThe Great British Bake Off BBC15.37m
2ndI’m a Celebrity – Get Me out of HereITV15.26m
3rdBritain’s Got TalentITV14.78m
4thEuro 2016: Portugal v FranceBBC14.5m
5thStrictly Come Dancing finalBBC14.16m
6thPlanet Earth IIBBC14.07m
7thThe X FactorITV13.99m
8thNew Year’s Eve FireworksBBC13.83m
9thMrs Brown’s Boys: Xmas SpecialBBC13.82m
10thEastEndersBBC13.7m58thGame of ThronesSky Atlantic2m

I watch none of those
Old 18-03-2017, 08:37   #3313
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I watch none of those
l don't either apart from the football but many do and we should not decry that PB.
Old 18-03-2017, 08:53   #3314
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l don't either apart from the football but many do and we should not decry that PB.

I don't see where I was decrying it.

OB seemed to be effectively making the point that the most viewed shows were on Freeview, and in comparison, Sky was underwhelming

Quote:
Seems like I'm not the only one who is underwhelmed by Sky programming..
I was pointing out that for some people that is not the case.
Old 18-03-2017, 08:58   #3315
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I don't see where I was decrying it.

OB seemed to be effectively making the point that the most viewed shows were on Freeview, and in comparison, Sky was underwhelming

I was pointing out that for some people that is not the case.
l never said that it was you specifically PB but many others will decry what some people watch.