Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Orange light of death

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Orange light of death
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2018, 19:03   #1
djmagnifique
cf.geek
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Thornaby
Age: 43
Services: XL tv with 500gb Tivo and VHD box, M phone, 100Mb broadband
Posts: 695
djmagnifique has much to be proud ofdjmagnifique has much to be proud ofdjmagnifique has much to be proud ofdjmagnifique has much to be proud ofdjmagnifique has much to be proud ofdjmagnifique has much to be proud ofdjmagnifique has much to be proud ofdjmagnifique has much to be proud ofdjmagnifique has much to be proud ofdjmagnifique has much to be proud of
Orange light of death

So today I got home from work and one of my V6 boxes has a flashing orange light on it. Turned the tv on and it either showed the welcome screen as if the box had just been plugged in or an icon of an arrow pointing down that changed from black to white as if showing something was downloading. Tried rebooting/unplugging but it just kept doing the same.

Got an engineer booked for monday morning to sort it out but was wondering if there was anything I could do in the mean time?
djmagnifique is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2018, 19:14   #2
Raider999
cf.geek
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 631
Raider999 is on a distinguished roadRaider999 is on a distinguished road
Re: Orange light of death

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmagnifique View Post
So today I got home from work and one of my V6 boxes has a flashing orange light on it. Turned the tv on and it either showed the welcome screen as if the box had just been plugged in or an icon of an arrow pointing down that changed from black to white as if showing something was downloading. Tried rebooting/unplugging but it just kept doing the same.

Got an engineer booked for monday morning to sort it out but was wondering if there was anything I could do in the mean time?
Is your broadband working?
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 19:18   #3
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier
 
heero_yuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Worthing West Sussex
Age: 61
Services: VM 70M SHUB thingy in modem mode XL TV VboxHD Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
Posts: 14,540
heero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny stars
heero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Orange light of death

Quote:
Quote from djmagnifique:


but was wondering if there was anything I could do in the mean time?
Reprogram with an axe?
__________________
History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.
However history will change with my coronation - Mariemaia Kushrenada
heero_yuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 20:06   #4
djmagnifique
cf.geek
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Thornaby
Age: 43
Services: XL tv with 500gb Tivo and VHD box, M phone, 100Mb broadband
Posts: 695
djmagnifique has much to be proud ofdjmagnifique has much to be proud ofdjmagnifique has much to be proud ofdjmagnifique has much to be proud ofdjmagnifique has much to be proud ofdjmagnifique has much to be proud ofdjmagnifique has much to be proud ofdjmagnifique has much to be proud ofdjmagnifique has much to be proud ofdjmagnifique has much to be proud of
Re: Orange light of death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Is your broadband working?
Yes it's working fine. I've brought the 2nd V6 down from the bedroom for now so we can watch tv and i've left the faulty one disconnected for now, i'll try turning it back on tomorrow to see what happens. I did notice that the 2nd V6 did an update when I powered it up so i'm wondering if the update has bricked the other box.
djmagnifique is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 21:01   #5
Raider999
cf.geek
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 631
Raider999 is on a distinguished roadRaider999 is on a distinguished road
Re: Orange light of death

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmagnifique View Post
Yes it's working fine. I've brought the 2nd V6 down from the bedroom for now so we can watch tv and i've left the faulty one disconnected for now, i'll try turning it back on tomorrow to see what happens. I did notice that the 2nd V6 did an update when I powered it up so i'm wondering if the update has bricked the other box.
Possibly, might be something to do with the new beta software.

I suggest you have done all you can until the engineer arrives.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 16:59   #6
djmagnifique
cf.geek
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Thornaby
Age: 43
Services: XL tv with 500gb Tivo and VHD box, M phone, 100Mb broadband
Posts: 695
djmagnifique has much to be proud ofdjmagnifique has much to be proud ofdjmagnifique has much to be proud ofdjmagnifique has much to be proud ofdjmagnifique has much to be proud ofdjmagnifique has much to be proud ofdjmagnifique has much to be proud ofdjmagnifique has much to be proud ofdjmagnifique has much to be proud ofdjmagnifique has much to be proud of
Re: Orange light of death

New box in place and fully up and running again. Found out today that one of the kids had been trying to cast youtube from his phone to the tv (even though both the V6 and the tv have youtube apps that he knows about) and asked if he sends it to living room or master bedroom (the names i've give the boxes) and that he had been trying to send it to living room.
djmagnifique is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 17:03   #7
OLD BOY
Experience is everything
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wokingham
Services: 2 V6 boxes; Full House; Now TV, Amazon and Netflix; VM broadband and landline
Posts: 7,393
OLD BOY has a bronze arrayOLD BOY has a bronze arrayOLD BOY has a bronze array
OLD BOY has a bronze arrayOLD BOY has a bronze array
Re: Orange light of death

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmagnifique View Post
New box in place and fully up and running again. Found out today that one of the kids had been trying to cast youtube from his phone to the tv (even though both the V6 and the tv have youtube apps that he knows about) and asked if he sends it to living room or master bedroom (the names i've give the boxes) and that he had been trying to send it to living room.
Well, I'm surprised that an zttempt at casting had that effect on your equipment! Maybe that was just co-incidence and there was a fault with your box.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 23:23.


Server: xenon.zmnt.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.