Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 04-04-2024, 18:45   #11656
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Telegraph is reporting that existing WSL deal with Sky Sports & BBC will be extended next season, with the aim of buying more time for broadcasters to finalise a fresh contract from 2025

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...g-term-future/
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2024, 01:45   #11657
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Does anyone care, or watch it ? I dont, and my wife (a big football fan) doesnt.
Its not even as good as non league football, and only "promoted" because they think they have too now.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 07:21   #11658
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

I would bet they are trying to work out how to align, and ultimately combine TV auctions, with the Premier League and EFL rights from 2029/30. Shame them into giving a cut of their revenue.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 13:07   #11659
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Does anyone care, or watch it ? I dont, and my wife (a big football fan) doesnt.
Its not even as good as non league football, and only "promoted" because they think they have too now.
Totally agree with you,poor standards of football and only promoted because they feel they have to. It's like every men's games have to have a woman involved in it in one way or another,pundit,commentator or presenter.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 14:27   #11660
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

There are a small number of female presenters/pundits who appear quite often are quite good (and knowledgeable). Some of the female matchday reporters on sky are quite good as well (I used to love Bianca before she moved on). It is noticable, however, that they always seem they must have one now. What I cant generally cant get on with are female commentators, the vast majority grate on you like scraping your fingernails on a blackboard.

Old 05-04-2024, 15:03   #11661
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

There are a lot of female commentators and pundits which are very good and I tend not to even notice anymore unless mistakes or silly comments are made.

The one pundit I can't stand has a boring monotone voice and says silly things like "it isn't 100% offside" when it could just be said that it isn't offside - it can only be 0% or 100%. And they got all involved with faith healing etc.

Glenda Hoddle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
There are a small number of female presenters/pundits who appear quite often are quite good (and knowledgeable). Some of the female matchday reporters on sky are quite good as well (I used to love Bianca before she moved on). It is noticable, however, that they always seem they must have one now. What I cant generally cant get on with are female commentators, the vast majority grate on you like scraping your fingernails on a blackboard.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2024, 00:01   #11662
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

sky should create "sky sports womens football" and rename sky sports football to sky sports male football.

the bbc should have a womens sport page and a mens sport page. But they wont. as they know it would barely get any viewership.

i cant take female pundits seriously. how can a female compare her experience ship playing "park football". they got rid of fan zone. "i played football in front of 50 people at a very low level....now let me tell you why this professional male footballer should listen to me critique him"

its like someone in the north west league who plays for a local village team critiquing Haaland. it would be seen as ridiculous. yet this isnt
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2024, 12:11   #11663
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Reports: BBC, ITV and Channel 4 are in three-way fight for Women’s Rugby World Cup TV rights

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-un...cup-tv-rights/
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2024, 12:32   #11664
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

"No, you have them"
Oh no, I insist you have them"
Etc etc.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2024, 12:36   #11665
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
"no, you have them"
oh no, i insist you have them"
etc etc.
🤣🤣🤣
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2024, 15:05   #11666
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
"No, you have them"
Oh no, I insist you have them"
Etc etc.