Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Packard Bell Recovery Problem

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Packard Bell Recovery Problem

Old 23-03-2006, 23:11   #16
scottyboydfc
Inactive

scottyboydfc is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Packard Bell Recovery Problem

13 now lol
scottyboydfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-11-2008, 18:24   #17
Royals
Inactive

Royals is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Packard Bell BSOD

can anyone help im having a problem with my packard bell istart 2214, ive tried to do a repair with my vista home disc, and my computer will not boot up or start up in safe mode due to a missing or corupt file, e.g ntkrnlpa.exe is missing or corupt, has anyone got a solution to this problem as ive done everything i can to try and fix myself, im ready to had it over to sum over priced pc repair man to fix it, and also my recovery disc i got with the pc does not work either, please help if you can thankyou
Royals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2008, 18:41   #18
zing_deleted

Did the install finish? have you tried start up repair thats found when you boot the dvd ?
Old 23-11-2008, 23:25   #19
Royals
Inactive

no the install didnt finished it stopped doing the recovery, and the repair didnt work either just keeps rebooting due to the missing or corupt file ntkrnlpa.exe.
is it a hardware problem? and will it do my motherboard harm trying to fix or is my motherboard damaged due to this problem with the file?

---------- Post added at 23:25 ---------- Previous post was at 23:19 ----------

ive tried almost everything i can think of to fix this problem even tried to replace the files and delete them from windows by putting my harddrive in another pc as a spare to delete them and ive cleared the CMOS to see if that but didnt im out of ideas now so im asking for help in this matter
Old 24-11-2008, 10:42   #20
zing_deleted

your vista dvd is it a full disc? if your install didnt finish then thats why your having problems. If it wa smy machine I would do a full install from scratch
Old 24-11-2008, 12:18   #21
Royals
Inactive

no sorry u mis understood what im saying i have a recovery disc as well as windows vista home, it was recovery disc that stopped and didnt finish so i did a full new install with my windows vista disc that completed the install but i still get the BSOD and it still will not boot up due to this file, and cant start in safe mode either, so this is why im on this very helpful forum to ask for altnertives way of fixing this problem i have, p.s thankyou david for your help so far
Old 24-11-2008, 12:27   #22
zing_deleted

you get a BSOD? whats the error report on this can you see it? Have you tried the start up repair option on the Vista dvd ? when it gets to install now under that it says reapir my computer . Go there and try the repairs.

When you installed afresh did you delete the existing partition? sometimes a new install on an existing partition can lead to start up problems
Old 24-11-2008, 19:22   #23
Royals
Inactive

it just says ntkrnlpa.exe is missing or corupt on the repair disc does work either when ive done the repair, and yes i deleted the excisting partion before i did a fresh install, this is whats doing my head in nothing seems to repair it so i can boot up and run regcure to do the scan see if that would repair the problem all i get is my computer restarting all the time even in safe mode
Old 25-11-2008, 00:05   #24
Royals
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royals View Post
it just says ntkrnlpa.exe is missing or corupt on the repair disc doesn't work either when ive done the repair, and yes i deleted the excisting partion before i did a fresh install, this is whats doing my head in nothing seems to repair it so i can boot up and run regcure to do the scan see if that would repair the problem all i get is my computer restarting all the time even in safe mode
Old 20-01-2009, 02:49   #25
zafarahmed
Inactive

zafarahmed is an unknown quantity at this point

hi every1:

just wanted to let you know i was stuck with all these problems and managed to get around them and install xp. if you need any help with tattoo your harddrive or to fix error 10, just email me on Admin edit: Deleted

tkcre
zafarahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2009, 09:55   #26
zing_deleted

not a good idea posting your email address. Also just let the world know and post a guide I am sure it would be appreciated

Old 20-01-2009, 09:58   #27
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by zafarahmed View Post
hi every1:

just wanted to let you know i was stuck with all these problems and managed to get around them and install xp. if you need any help with tattoo your harddrive or to fix error 10, just email me on Admin edit: Deleted

tkcre
We don't recommend you publish your email address.

If anyone needs to email you, they can do so through the email option on the site. If they don't, they can post here, and as long as you have subscriptions turned on, you'll get emailed anyway.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 18:50   #28
fagan
Inactive

fagan is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks reading this forum helped a lot, have got recovery back now
thank's again
Fagan
fagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 00:12   #29
Polzie1000
Inactive

Polzie1000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I have come to this forum after much messing about trying to get an old PB to reformat.

I have damaged the partition. And followed the above to try and get the thing to do a retattoo.

It wont let me do anything. When i go to dos prompts 1,1 - treecrc......

I just get an CDR101 : Not ready reading drive Q

any solutions?
Polzie1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:19   #30
SdeurDorpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nffc View Post
Yeah, a tattoo is pretty important, if you screw it up by selecting the wrong thing, the recovery will not install the right things.

Try this sequence of commands...
· Change to Q:\drivers or C:\drivers
· Tattoo /inithspretest
· Tattoo /createdmifromhs
· Q:\reloadhs.bat
· Tattoo /createdmifromhs
I've got the same problem as the opening poster. I tried the above but get stuck on reloadhs.bat. It says:

C:\>\drivers\exths.exe /importextbin:\exths.bin
Bad command or file name

Since there is no \drivers\-folder listed under C: I tried manually typing in:

Q:\drivers\exths.exe /importextbin:\exths.bin

But that gives me a file error.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?