Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Packard Bell Recovery Problem

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Help with slow speeds on 30MB cable

Old 03-10-2011, 12:53   #1
rypien37
Inactive

rypien37 is an unknown quantity at this point
Help with slow speeds on 30MB cable

Hi all new to the forums and hoping someone can help me out as I'm a bit of a noob.

I have VM 30MB cable with superhub, its hard wired to my desktop, first few days great speeds of this...

All last week up until Friday it was around 25 to 32mbps on download and about 1.1 to 1.4 in upload, the weekend though very slow speeds like this...

But would go on and off to 10mbps to about 22mbps.

I had a technician come around for un related matters to one of my V+ boxes and mentioned the internet, he found it all very strange as signals all fine / perfect, ran speed tests and all coming back around 20mbps mark, he then mentioned previous customer had kaspersky security suite and caused lots of issues, I said so do I he switched it off and speeds were slightly improved around 23 to 24mbps but said still funny as you should be getting 30mpbs+, so he used my laptop which is connected via wifi turned kaspersky off on that and the laptop was getting this...

He couldn't do much more to help and left.

But how can my desktop hard wired be getting a slower speed than my wifi laptop at the other end of the house which is showing good up and download speeds.

I've now un installed Kaspersky and using VM's own security suite for now, my desktop speeds are now around 25mbps but still no where near the 30+ that he said I should be getting.

Has anyone get any suggestions at all could it be something else running slowing down etc?
rypien37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement