Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 03-06-2021, 14:48   #6841
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Another pet hate of mine are people who smoke in public. Apart from the disgusting way most of them discard their butts, they stand in restaurant doorways so that the smoke blows in - and always to where I'm sitting.

Another another pet hate of mine are people, usually Lib-Dem Remainers, who peel oranges on the commuting train. That smell pervades the carriage for the duration of the journey.

And that damn, poxy, Peloton advert (mentioned in the Ads thread.

---------- Post added at 13:48 ---------- Previous post was at 13:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
don't worry, we're a dying breed . . . apparently
Medical evidence does point that way…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2021, 15:30   #6842
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 18:33   #6843
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Dreadful young women in the redtops and so called "reality" TV with pumped up lips, pumped up boobs and pumped up backsides. Don't they realise how ridiculous they look?
Old 03-06-2021, 19:05   #6844
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Dreadful young women in the redtops and so called "reality" TV with pumped up lips, pumped up boobs and pumped up backsides. Don't they realise how ridiculous they look?
But they look in the mirror and think they're beautiful

Has anyone else noticed the alarming drop in quality of mirrors lately?
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 19:07   #6845
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
But they look in the mirror and think they're beautiful

Has anyone else noticed the alarming drop in quality of mirrors lately?
Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the most pumped up of all?
Old 03-06-2021, 20:45   #6846
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

The Vale of Glamorgan council charged a fixed fee of £497.50 for THREE YEARS regardless of how many chairs and tables cafés had outside.

From July, ANNUAL licences will cost from £150 for one or two tables with up to eight chairs, to £750 for 11 tables or more with 40 chairs.

The council says the move is to clear pavements for the old and blind.

But if every café and restaurant pays, the pavements will still be full of chairs and tables!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-57350370

The great rush to charge us more to recoup pandemic losses has started.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 10:16   #6847
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
The Vale of Glamorgan council charged a fixed fee of £497.50 for THREE YEARS regardless of how many chairs and tables cafés had outside.

From July, ANNUAL licences will cost from £150 for one or two tables with up to eight chairs, to £750 for 11 tables or more with 40 chairs.

The council says the move is to clear pavements for the old and blind.

But if every café and restaurant pays, the pavements will still be full of chairs and tables!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-57350370

The great rush to charge us more to recoup pandemic losses has started.
Many councils have found themselves in the financial doodah after the last 12 months. They've seen a dramatic drop in income and at the same time a dramatic rise in the demand for services. They're expected to have a balanced budget - deficits are not allowed. Some of the larger ones have reserves to draw down but many of the smaller one don't.

The Government may come good on the promise to reimburse local councils for the additional expenditure they've experienced but the last I heard for Leeds City Council they are still £10's millions short and don't seem to be holding out much hope of the money ever arriving and as such have had to base this year's budget on what they know they've got not what they'd like to have. Some of the additional work undertaken has been quite impressive all of which has been done over and above what was expected when the last year's budget was planned in late 2019 and early 2020.

I'm not defending Vale Of Glamorgan, but I'm sure they've looked long and hard at ways to increase income. It's a shame they tried to spin the line about keeping pavements clear instead of being honest about it being an income generator!
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 11:34   #6848
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Street table licence money is mere spittle. The councils know that so I doubt it’s there to lessen budget deficits.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 11:51   #6849
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Street table licence money is mere spittle. The councils know that so I doubt it’s there to lessen budget deficits.
Maybe so, but having been involved in various meetings regarding budget pressures I know if we can save the odd £500 here and there the council will take it. It's even to the stage where I am that they'd snatch your hand off if you asked to reduce your hours by only an hour a week . Things are pretty bad in local government at the moment and all those small amounts can make a difference.
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 10:29   #6850
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Winchester council started charging for parking in evening and on Sunday/Bank holidays to pay for work done during CV. All the things that no-one wanted or wants and most now want reversed.
They also claim it's to stop traffic coming in to town and to use park and ride, fair enough but the biggest traffic issue is through traffic and deliveries made on the street side not the back. But no-one really want the alternative of tearing up the countryside for a bypass ("you've got to build by-passes" - HHGTTG).
Old 18-06-2021, 16:10   #6851
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We're only talking about the bad cyclists. From my observation they vastly outnumber the "good" cyclists.

I hasn't even started on the red-light busters, riding across pedestrian crossings, deliberately riding on the carriageway despite provided cycle lanes.

Total scourge (except the rare good ones).

I'm one of the 'rare' good ones; I obey lights, I don't ride across pedestrian crossings and the only time I ride on the carriageway despite the road having a cycle lane is when motorists use that cycle lane as a carpark, many times despite having a drive.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2021, 15:53   #6852
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

When directors are sending out an e-mail to all staff to thank them for all their hard work over the past year and they thank everyone and totally forget about the I.T. department.

Yes, we are the ones who make sure all your data is backed up, that your internet connection is stable, the ones who crawl through ceilings to trace cables, the ones who setup your powerpoint and AV systems so it all works perfectly on the big night.

But yeah, just forget about us completly.

---------- Post added at 14:53 ---------- Previous post was at 14:51 ----------

Learner drivers........ In fact no, I should say Driving Instructors.

Yes, it's important that your learner does not speed on the roads but it is also important to tell them to put their foot down. Doing 15mph in a 50mph zone is just wrong!

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2021, 20:46   #6853
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

After getting my car washed yesterday, today I popped to my local Sainsbury's petrol station to check my tyres, but no they'e decided to make you pay for it.

So now no place in my town does it for free, so now to get a car pump and guage.
Old 26-06-2021, 08:31   #6854
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

Most garages charge 20p for a timed period, contibutes to the cost of maintaining the pressure system.
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2021, 09:46   #6855
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

My 'local' used to be 20p for air, then it went up to 50p, and now it's £1.

I think the machine now just sits quietly rusting in the corner
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote