Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Brexit discussion
Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 20:02   #1861
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
I think the family of Jo Cox might disagree about both sides being equally nasty
You are bang out of order for this comment, how dare you.

I am not in any way shape in the same league as the group or member of a group who murdered Jo Cox, just because I voted leave.
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2018, 20:02   #1862
RizzyKing

One person doesn't represent everyone and violence hasn't been limited to one side either people on both sides have resorted to violence it shouldn't be made a generalisation which leave voters have had a few fired at them. Still doesn't change the fact Russ asked a reasonable question perhaps we should be more concerned that he felt he had to ask that question and what that say's about the state of the UK.

Old 02-02-2018, 20:05   #1863
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
One person doesn't represent everyone and violence hasn't been limited to one side either people on both sides have resorted to violence it shouldn't be made a generalisation which leave voters have had a few fired at them. Still doesn't change the fact Russ asked a reasonable question perhaps we should be more concerned that he felt he had to ask that question and what that say's about the state of the UK.
I don't think it was a question that requires much of an answer. It's no obviously. I don't think it was a genuine question either.

People say all sorts of things, don't take it to heart and get offended because someone says something somewhere. You can find people calling Remainers traitors etc, who cares?
Old 02-02-2018, 20:12   #1864
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

There is nothing racist about genuine border controls. I have no issues with foreigners coming here, contributing to our economy and providing a service, collectively, what I am bothered about is totally open borders, as a small island which is what the UK is, we cannot sustain 300,000 immigrants coming here every year, to those who say this is a racist view, is total bullshit.

But to put Brexiteers on par and on same side as the killer of the Labour MP Jo Coxx, is quite frankly appalling and disgusting.
Old 02-02-2018, 20:15   #1865
RizzyKing

I'm not offended or overly bothered to be honest my skin is thicker then that a quality that seems to be dying out. I had my reasons for voting leave which apart from week 1 which set the standard i never bothered watching the news and thus avoided the complete embarassment that was the referendum campaign of both sides. I am tired of the constant attempts by some to paint leave voters as being influenced by a red bus and other ridiculous things while never accepting that people were swayed by some of the silliness of the remain campaign.

I have no problem with people on the remain side not being happy about the result and if they want another referendum in thirty years I'll support it assuming the EU still exists so democracy can have it's say. I'd just like the constant calls for an immediate rerun and constant attempts to undermine the democratic decision to stop for now and let things settle down. I'd also like some action taken against the media be they supposedly remain or leave leaning as they have played a big part in creating and maintaining the division but that won't happen.

A quick google showed that apparently there is a political party called britain first though from the quick snippets i saw they are just the knuckle dragging bnp under another name and it's easy for me to believe that coward who killed jo cox was a member.

Old 02-02-2018, 20:19   #1866
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

And the hate cards Polish people were given after the Brexit vote? Not a coincidence. There are more of these curtain twitching nasty cowards around than we like to think.
Old 02-02-2018, 20:22   #1867
RizzyKing

Those cards have been around for years nothing to do with brexit i get them shoved through my door quite often and have a good laugh with my polish neighbour about them.

Old 02-02-2018, 20:23   #1868
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
And the hate cards Polish people were given after the Brexit vote? Not a coincidence. There are more of these curtain twitching nasty cowards around than we like to think.
Are there racists out there? Yes. Were some Leave voters racist? Yes. Does that mean most Leave voters are racist? No.
Old 02-02-2018, 20:24   #1869
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

I would never suggest that all people who supported leave are murderers of course. I also do not suggest that Thomas Mair represents all leave voters. There is a whole spectrum of opinions and politics that lead to the way people voted and reacted post referendum. However, the febrile environment did lead to a politically motivated murder.
Old 02-02-2018, 20:48   #1870
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
However, the febrile environment did lead to a politically motivated murder.
The guy who murdered Jo Cox, was a total Nut Job with a pure murderous intent.

A Nut job tends to do these extreme things beyond the normal rationale of the average voter.
Old 02-02-2018, 20:52   #1871
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Are there racists out there? Yes. Were some Leave voters racist? Yes. Does that mean most Leave voters are racist? No.
Don't disagree with that, but it has encouraged the nasty element in our society.
Old 02-02-2018, 21:06   #1872
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Don't disagree with that, but it has encouraged the nasty element in our society.
That is seen as extreme on both sides of the hard-left (Antifa) and hard-right (Fascists).
Old 02-02-2018, 22:51   #1873
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Next week should be interesting as the Coalition of Chaos argues about a potential customs union with the EU. How else to prevent a hard border with Ireland?
Quote:
Boris Johnson, Michael Gove and Liam Fox will this week warn against joining a Customs Union with the EU after Brexit in a potentially "explosive" Cabinet confrontation.
The three eurosceptic Cabinet ministers will say that Britain must be able to strike free trade deals after it leaves the European Union as the issue is debated for the first time by senior members of the Government.
Philip Hammond, the Chancellor, Amber Rudd, the Home Secretary, and Greg Clark, the Business Secretary, have argued for a new Customs Union to limit the loss of trade with Europe, reduce the need for new customs procedures and avoid a hard border in Ireland.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/...t-post-brexit/

Quote:
The Tories have been thrown into further turmoil over whether the UK will leave the customs union after two Remainers tabled amendments to Brexit legislation to remain inside — a day after a cabinet minister argued for an exit.
Liam Fox intervened yesterday to say that Britain should not be involved in any customs union with the EU after Brexit, putting himself at odds with the prime minister who appeared to leave the door open to some form of agreement.
Today, Anna Soubry and Ken Clarke tabled amendments to two key pieces of Brexit legislation which, if agreed by MPs, would keep the UK in the customs union after withdrawal.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/n...-fox-kvp7wlg08

Last edited by 1andrew1; 03-02-2018 at 00:17.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:19   #1874
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Talking of Antifa....

https://news.sky.com/story/jacob-ree...event-11234071

Quote:
Jacob Rees-Mogg was at the centre of a highly physical fracas in Bristol as masked protesters tried to disrupt an event he was speaking at.

Video shows the prominent Conservative Leave campaigner trying to diffuse a fight at the event at the University of West England on Friday night.

One attendee said protesters hurled abuse at him, calling him a "nazi," a "fascist and a racist".

At times it looked like the MP was in danger of being punched but Mr Rees-Mogg played down events.
The only Fascists there were those masked Scumbags....
Old 03-02-2018, 07:31   #1875
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
I didn't really feel the need to ask anything, I just love the standard go-to response many people have towards anyone who voted to leave which usually involved accusations of racism and was hoping to have it explained how that could possibly be pinned on me.

Doesn't matter now though.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Closed Thread