Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Government & Post Election Discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Government & Post Election Discussion
Closed Thread

Old 20-11-2017, 16:19   #781
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Government & Post Election Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
As long as they aren't admirers of Stalin or Putin who cares?
So you would prefer a conflicted world that is against Putin, a consistent cold atmosphere where the potential for another cold war around the corner ?

How bizarre thinking.
Advertisement
Old 20-11-2017, 17:07   #782
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
So you would prefer a conflicted world that is against Putin, a consistent cold atmosphere where the potential for another cold war around the corner ?

How bizarre thinking.
Stalin was a mass murderer, idolising him is a massive red flag, and Putin is not a friend of the West. It's naive to think you can have a amicable relationship with his Government. He wants a divided West in turmoil.

At the moment people on here are relaxed on it but he doesn't like the right in America or countries. He'll back whatever causes the most chaos so come the next election you might suddenly find the Tories are the ones that suddenly have a lot of e-mails leaked, bad news spreading on Twitter etc.
Old 20-11-2017, 17:59   #783
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

It is not naive at all because, I never said to have a amicable relationship with them. We just need to stop blaming the Russians for everything, including election losses.

Other countries interfere in other countries elections.

Now we have the same crap over here about Brexit. I say it is complete bollocks. It was ok for Obama interfere and blackmail us... it was okay for our own government to spend £9 Million on Propaganda BS as to why we should stay in the EU.

But to continue and have the response of, Putin this, Putin that, it is a conflicted response, blame the Russians for meddling, blame the Russians because it's raining. so if we are that insistent on continuing to be pissed off with them, what we do about it?

Take them on ?
Old 20-11-2017, 18:23   #784
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
It is not naive at all because, I never said to have a amicable relationship with them. We just need to stop blaming the Russians for everything, including election losses.

Other countries interfere in other countries elections.

Now we have the same crap over here about Brexit. I say it is complete bollocks. It was ok for Obama interfere and blackmail us... it was okay for our own government to spend £9 Million on Propaganda BS as to why we should stay in the EU.

But to continue and have the response of, Putin this, Putin that, it is a conflicted response, blame the Russians for meddling, blame the Russians because it's raining. so if we are that insistent on continuing to be pissed off with them, what we do about it?

Take them on ?
If there's evidence that the Russians interfered in votes then we shouldn't just ignore it because their manipulation was on the side we were on or the side we were against.
Old 20-11-2017, 18:25   #785
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

I await with interest the number of votes cast by Russia.
Old 20-11-2017, 18:30   #786
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:

Take them on ?
Sanctions, investigate anyone willingly cooperating with their interference and oppose their propaganda. We're not some poor little country powerless to defend our interests. What else would you have so do? Roll over because it's Russia?
Old 20-11-2017, 18:45   #787
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
I await with interest the number of votes cast by Russia.
i think they heavily supported the lib dems thats why they got the votes they did
Old 20-11-2017, 18:47   #788
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Sanctions, investigate anyone willingly cooperating with their interference and oppose their propaganda. We're not some poor little country powerless to defend our interests. What else would you have so do? Roll over because it's Russia?
To me, I get the impression that he's happy to think, roll over because the Russians backed "his side" - Brexit and Trump.
I sincerely hope I'm wrong. If correct, it's a flawed tactic as next time they could be supporting another side.

Last edited by 1andrew1; 20-11-2017 at 18:51.
Old 20-11-2017, 18:51   #789
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Sanctions don't work, hasn't countless sanctions being applied proved that ?

We have no choice to roll over, unless you want a Nuclear war on your doorstep that would see the potential end of the World as we know it and as I said, Russia is not the only country who meddles in other countries elections. We need to stop blaming Russia because someones side lost an election/referendum.

Saw this posted elsewhere, sharing here:-

Quote:
Things that made me vote Leave:

Giving £Billions to EU
EU determining UK law
EU court supreme to UK
Uncontrolled immigration
Open borders
EU restricting UK trade
Governed by unelected bureaucrats

Things that didn't make me vote Leave:

Russians.
Old 20-11-2017, 18:53   #790
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Sanctions don't work, hasn't countless sanctions being applied proved that ?

We have no choice to roll over, unless you want a Nuclear war on your doorstep that would see the potential end of the World as we know it and as I said, Russia is not the only country who meddles in other countries elections. We need to stop blaming Russia because someones side lost an election/referendum.

Saw this posted elsewhere, sharing here:-
It's not about your vote Mick, it's about millions of votes. Social media and fake has some impact or it wouldn't be used.
Old 20-11-2017, 18:58   #791
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
To me, I get the impression that he's happy to think, roll over because the Russians backed "his side" - Brexit and Trump.
I sincerely hope I'm wrong. If correct, it's a flawed tactic as next time they could be supporting another side.
You have a knack of getting the wrong impression, today is no different.

The Russians did not just back my side, there was postings on twitter in favor of remain, or did you choose to forget that little detail because it goes against your continuously, tedious little narrative ?
Old 20-11-2017, 18:59   #792
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
It's not about your vote Mick, it's about millions of votes. Social media and fake has some impact or it wouldn't be used.
It still won't change the result.
Old 20-11-2017, 19:00   #793
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
It is not millions of votes at all - complete bollocks, people have a mind you know they can make their own choices up, they don't need Russia to tell them how crap the EU is, they saw that for themselves and why they voted the way they did FFS!
Old 20-11-2017, 19:12   #794
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
It is not millions of votes at all - complete bollocks, people have a mind you know they can make their own choices up, they don't need Russia to tell them how crap the EU is, they saw that for themselves and why they voted the way they did FFS!
You've misunderstood my point and flown off a bit mate. Let me try and explain it another way.
You've stated why you voted one way or the other and then extrapolated that to millions of voters. One person is not a representative sample of the millions of people who voted.
What is more interesting is why you think we should not investigate Russian involvement in matters like the Brexit vote? I get why Alex Salmond may agree with you as he's being paid £1,000 an hour by RT. But why do you think, as Damien says, we should "roll over"?
Old 20-11-2017, 19:17   #795
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Quote:
You've misunderstood my point and flown off a bit mate. Let me try and explain it another way.
You've stated why you voted one way or the other and then extrapolated that to millions of voters. One person is not a representative sample of the millions of people who voted.
What is more interesting is why you think we should not investigate Russian involvement in matters like the Brexit vote? I get why Alex Salmond may agree with you as he's being paid £1,000 an hour by RT. But why do you think, as Damien says, we should "roll over"?
I'm of the same POV. Does that help? I'm sure there are millions of others too.
Closed Thread