Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience
View Poll Results: My personal experience of Virgin Media customer service has been:
Excellent- I've never had any problems with them 249 18.91%
Generally OK 315 23.92%
Hit 'n' Miss - about 50/50 273 20.73%
Poor- they normally mess it up 239 18.15%
Awful - never had a useful phonecall to them 241 18.30%
Voters: 1317. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-09-2021, 17:44   #436
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

Not got any better according to Ofcom:

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...omplaints.html
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-09-2021, 18:48   #437
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

And yet you are still here
Old 06-09-2021, 21:06   #438
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

I must admit, I can’t see where these complaints are coming from. I’ve always been happy with the service I get from any of the cable companies over the years.

I admit that when I wanted to change my package a few months back it was difficult to raise Customer Services over the phone due to the pandemic, but I then used their ‘chat’ method for the first time, and it worked just great. I got a better deal than I expected.
Old 07-09-2021, 13:06   #439
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I must admit, I can’t see where these complaints are coming from. * I’ve always been happy with the service I get from any of the cable companies over the years.

I admit that when I wanted to change my package a few months back it was difficult to raise Customer Services over the phone due to the pandemic, but I then used their ‘chat’ method for the first time, and it worked just great. I got a better deal than I expected.
As have l. * Richard ?
Old 08-09-2021, 13:32   #440
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

You read posts on forums and "Furryus from Croydon" often has issues that they caused and wants someone to come immediately to fix it so they don't miss their TV. To heck with priorities, vulnerable customers etc.

Not saying we don't need to improve, hopefully we are, but often ratings sites don't get the whole picture. It's much easier to support a smaller number of more selective customers than those using incumbent or the bigger nationals.
Old 08-09-2021, 13:53   #441
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Over the past five years we've been in our current home, we've never had an issue with VM until recently when some maintenance was being performed.

The maintenance finished and i had huge latency and packet loss on my connection, i thought fair enough, i'll leave it overnight. I wake up in the morning to see another maintenance session to be performed, OK, thinks I....

After this had finished same as before huge latency & massive packet loss.

I then ring VM tech support and get through to an overseas call center who insist that the problem is because my modem is in modem only mode and that it needs to be set back to being a hub. So, i entertain them, reset the hub for good measure and put it into 'normal mode' same issues.

I then get told that it's a known issue and could take up to a week to fix. At which point i ask to speak to a manager, and I'm hung up on.

I ring back, get through to a UK tech support, explain the issue again as no notes had been placed on the call. I advise what i've done, removed my infrastructure, connected Mac directly to hub & also a windows machine for good measure, rebooted, reset hub etc. etc.

I get an appointment for an engineer visit on Monday between 8-12 engineer knocks on the door, tells me hw knows exactly where the fault is, and that because of the maintenance not all the cables had been reconnected properly at the cab, and that my signal is so low he's amazed i was getting any connection at all. fifteen minutes later, all fixed.

So... to summarise

1. VM's overseas tech support is absolutely atrocious
2. VM UK support is reasonable
3. It would appear that VM's maintenance procedures are sloppy (and that's being kind)
4. The actual onsite engineer was really good.
Old 16-09-2021, 20:41   #442
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

As of September 2021, which departments are offshored and which are based in the UK?
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 17:50   #443
Cooperman39
cf.member

Cooperman39 is an unknown quantity at this point

I find that tech. Support poor, they try to fob you off, by telling you try changing batteries on controller , which I have renewed, they then tell you to wait 24hrs as problems national
Bullshit
Cooperman39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 19:32   #444
Itshim
Do I care what you think

What I found interesting ? ! Is that the last time I had a " Tec " out she told me that she didn't do repairs and she had the job because she got on well with people . Guess that says it all.
Old 03-12-2021, 21:30   #445
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

I'm quite grateful I have an 18 month contract don't have to through the whole, I'll cancel and then you'll ring back, every 12 months.
Fully expecting an inflation busting New Year price rise from VM. At which point of course all contracts are null and void and the game is on again !
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 23:45   #446
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

I've never had a problem even with the off shore support. I guess I must be lucky along with the several other millions of customers who don't bother with ratings sites.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 16:21   #447
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

Just posting to get rid of the stupid blue banner asking me to post.
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 10:59   #448
spankysmagicpian
cf.geek

Services: Ultimate Oomph although there is nothing ultimate or oomph about it.
spankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these parts

Not one problem with support - either here or abroad.
Last time I phoned (Over a year ago) it was the offshore staff and that's when they offered me VIP for less than the price of what I was currently paying.
spankysmagicpian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 19:04   #449
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

Aaaarrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
I'd forgotten how bad VM's customer services can be.
A word of advice don't order a new Stream box then try and cancel it when its faulty, doesn't do a service you were told it does and are still in your 14 day cooling off period!
buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2022, 08:15   #450
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

I find its hit and Miss, for example I rang retentions for a reduction in price. First person i spoke to refused outright because I am on their top internet service. I rang back and spoke to a lovely Scottish lady and was given £6 a month off for 24 months.

So I think its down to the people u talk to.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote