Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | X Factor : 2009

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

X Factor : 2009

Old 01-11-2009, 23:21   #166
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
re: X Factor : 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie07 View Post
Yeah Lloyds TSB should of gone.
I'd like to be the first to nominate this as worse joke of all time lol
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2009, 23:52   #167
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestar2 View Post
I'd like to be the first to nominate this as worse joke of all time lol
oi oi oi it sounded funny in my head
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 00:28   #168
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

Ok on tonight's performance, Lloyd should have gone. Indeed he's not a strong voice and should be on borrowed time.

Rachel may not have been the worst. but despite what the judges might be hearing in the studio, her voice didn't, at least to me, come across well over the TV. Personally I found her voice tone quite flat.

Jedward are, in terms of singing undoubtedly the worst act that has been there for a long time. But Simon Cowell is quite hypocritical given that when he had the groups he heavily pushed Same Difference. What saves both of these acts is the overstaged performance and for that the credit needs to go to the choreographer.

At present, there is no stand out act in this years crowd that for me has the wow factor. Perhaps the xfactor goes in biannual cycles. We had someone I can't recall, then Leona, then another one who dissapeared from the map and the Alexandra, is this year another waste of time?
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:32   #169
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Jedward are, in terms of singing undoubtedly the worst act that has been there for a long time. But Simon Cowell is quite hypocritical given that when he had the groups he heavily pushed Same Difference.

Same difference could at least sing, and I didn't have an uncontrollable urge to punch the tv with them.

The thing about X Factor is that the people that vote on the telly, are not neccessarily the people that will actually buy the records.

If you are a genuine potential recording artist and you appear on X-factor then you still stand a good chance of making it - if the market is there for you. Even if you don't become a pop star a career in show business may still beckon.

Ray Quinn and that girl from last year are both in West End musicals, JLS are doing well, that group with the 4 classical singers did well. That other girl from last year has just released a single too.
Old 07-11-2009, 15:51   #170
Sasha222
Inactive

Sasha222 has a nice shiny starSasha222 has a nice shiny star
Sasha222 has a nice shiny star
Re: X Factor : 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Same difference could at least sing, and I didn't have an uncontrollable urge to punch the tv with them.

The thing about X Factor is that the people that vote on the telly, are not neccessarily the people that will actually buy the records.

If you are a genuine potential recording artist and you appear on X-factor then you still stand a good chance of making it - if the market is there for you. Even if you don't become a pop star a career in show business may still beckon.

Ray Quinn and that girl from last year are both in West End musicals, JLS are doing well, that group with the 4 classical singers did well. That other girl from last year has just released a single too.
I totally agree with you. Not matter how annoying same difference were at least they could sing. Im Irish and the twins get on my nerves so much that I want to throw the tv out the window but I love my tv to much so I just turn them dowm when they come on. Its going to be a disgrace if they win and I would respect them more if they walked. Dont they have a concience when better people than them actually are going out of the competition over them. I know they are not at fault that they are kept in but they could at least stand down from the competition. And dont start me on Louis Walsh. How people find them funny is beyond me. All I see is two annoying idiots

---------- Post added at 15:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:18 ----------

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-tour-ban.html If it is true I would leave the show because in all fairness a lot of good singers will be booted out anyway over the stupid twins.

---------- Post added at 15:51 ---------- Previous post was at 15:43 ----------

http://xfactor.itv.com/2009/news/viewer/item_100211.htm

The songs that the contestants are going to be singing for tonight
Sasha222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 17:51   #171
Sasha222
Inactive

Sasha222 has a nice shiny starSasha222 has a nice shiny star
Sasha222 has a nice shiny star

Who do people think will be in the bottom two tonight. I really hope once and for all its the twins and they are gone. Not fair good singers going over them. Im also so looking forward to Lenoa and black eyed peas. Two fantastic acts
Sasha222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 19:56   #172
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by defirish View Post
Who do people think will be in the bottom two tonight. I really hope once and for all its the twins and they are gone. Not fair good singers going over them. Im also so looking forward to Lenoa and black eyed peas. Two fantastic acts
Difficult to predict who will go tonight defirish, possibly Lloyd. One thing is for certain, the twins will still be with us for a fair while yet, they draw the crowds. Hate to admit, but if they were voted off, the show could become quite boring. Didn't like the choice of songs for the last two shows, didn't suit some of the contestants voices for starters. Nobody stands out as exceptional imho. Who are these people who are voting for the twins anyway? Everyone I have spoken to say Jedward should have gone ages ago. Joe, Jamie or Olly to win. Now to find out who is going!
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 20:42   #173
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

lucy and the twins in the bottom 2

bye bye twins
Old 08-11-2009, 20:42   #174
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Jedward should go tonight seeing it's down to the judges.
Old 08-11-2009, 20:55   #175
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

simon cowell is a two faced coward for doing that
Old 08-11-2009, 20:55   #176
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Can't believe Simon did that!
Old 08-11-2009, 21:03   #177
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

What on earth has just happened!!!!

I can't believe this show. Simon switches straight to his money making tactics knowing that keeping Jedward in the competition means more viewers, more voters, more money.

Lucy should not have gone!!!

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 21:04   #178
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Simon is a total two faced coward for doing that!
Old 08-11-2009, 21:11   #179
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

So, I guess we're all switching to watching strictly now? :P
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 21:19   #180
XeneX
Inactive

Services: V+, 10mb BB, L/Line
XeneX is an unknown quantity at this point

Best thing you can do now is vote jedward and get cowell out of the country as he stated he would if those [ADMIN EDIT: This is a family friendly forum - please do not use such language] won. The whole show is now a joke.
XeneX is offline   Reply With Quote